Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58618 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine Ambush]
« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2015, 12:38:55 pm »

Tadhg gets a little nostalgiacly wet eyed from thinking of his childhood days.
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2015, 12:46:52 pm »

"Can we get out of here and get the Roc feathers?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2015, 12:58:23 pm »

The party, deep in thought, finds their way to the Painted Flower-where they divvy up their treasure and send their prisoner off the cliche dungeons, where she will no doubt escape...I mean, serve her sentence.

Action: State whatever you are actually claiming from the pile, add it to your inventory-the rest is auto-sold!

Spoiler: Party Loots (click to show/hide)

Your group finds themselves resting in the Painted Flower, wondering if you should press on, or get some rest. at least there's a band playing some lively music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s5BjJkPfos

~Omlett is little more a collection of farms in a loose community, than a village proper-most of the people who live in town more or less serve the Baron directly, or what few travelers pass through like yourselves. There are four establishments large enough to be called businesses on main street. The weather has recently gotten much colder, as the Autumn Empire undergoes a shift in leadership...

Spoiler: Sunrise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ancid's Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Riddling Sphinx (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Painted Flower (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:51:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2015, 01:03:10 pm »

"I suppose we have no better leads then before on the whereabouts of the mad mage. We might as well go look for these feathers. Although I worry what will happen if the townsfolk find the mage first. Also I feel like perhaps we should not linger too long in this town, or even this empire. I think it would be best for our health if we solved this mage issue as soon as possible, then left the Autumn... Or now Winter Empire to it's own devices and found greener pastures."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2015, 01:08:19 pm »

Aldeth takes a dagger and a Paint Pot.
"Into the swamp of Doomy tomorrow, then up, up, up the mountain, allllllll the way to the top!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2015, 01:17:37 pm »

"Yes, I do believe I will be in the mood for more petty adventures... after a good rest," Samara murmurs.

If they don't already have rooms, Samara rents one.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 04, 2015, 01:19:38 pm »

Akira is silently wondering what to do with the clothes she claimed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2015, 01:33:28 pm »

Claim: 1 Shield, 1 Dagger, and the fancy vest!

Tadhg agrees with the other on the course of actions, and plans on spending the rest of the day drinking and eating (nothing wakes thirst and hunger like combat) and telling exaggerated stories about the day for the locals. But first he decides to take a dip in whatever this establishment offers in terms of baths to clean himself and his wound.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine rest]
« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »

Claim a dagger. Unless someone else claims them, Kawtari will carry the remaining paint pots.

"Wait... what is this venture to a mountain? I have not been told of this."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:34 am »

8 hours pass...
Long Rest Completed
-1 gold each for room costs
+26 Gold each from loot sales

The party enjoys the day at the Painted Flower-eating, resting, cleaning their wounds, bartering with smallfolk for their goods (many of them spend an embarrassing amount of money on your 'treasures'), and telling tall tales. Most of the people seem to be very impressed that you actually fought Elves and won, and you are constantly being badgered for details. Kawtari (and anyone else needed) is eventually informed that the ingredients needed to reverse the Mad Wizards curse will require Giant Roc Feathers, which are said to be about a days travel away from Omlett, the Giant Birds nest located on the slopes of Mt. Kalibrak.

The weather has gotten progressively worse, snow and sleet getting stronger every hour-as if Winter has been saving up it's strength for a century, and is finally unleashing itself. It started around noon and has been growing fiercer ever since.

It's currently early evening, and the innkeeper has stoked the large fireplace as much as he could. Poor fellow is quickly running out of firewood, though, probably like the rest of people in Omlett. Your group eventually gathers that to travel now would be very dangerous, but, the innkeeper has informed you of a number of small, outlying farms and homesteads where you could find shelter before the worst hits. You are also told the Riddling Sphinx is doing bangcrack business selling warm coats and boots that had been mothballed for the season, only a few days ago. In truth, the longer you wait the further the snow will become a detriment-right now, you may be able to move quickly before the countryside becomes much more difficult to traverse, though you will have to brave the bad weather.

Those of you with nature skill know at least by looking at the sky, that it's going to be a while before it gets any better. You can choose to stay the night and set out in the morning, or make for one of the homesteads and get ahead of the weather...

What to do?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:51:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2015, 11:16:22 am »

Sarco sat by the fire miserably trying to warm himself as they contemplated their next movement. "Gragh. We shouldn't have came to this accursed land. We should forget about the roc and find the mage post haste, and once our job is done we should make for the nearest boarder immediately. This land is cursed, the winter is bad enough, but these townsfolk are far too interested in the slaying of elves, and when the people of these lands learn of the true cause of the winter curse this land may truly erupt in war. I don't want to be around when that happens."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2015, 11:47:11 am »

Tadgh sighs. "I don't feel good about leaving these people unhelped, but maybe you are right. On the other hand, a day out in the winter weather might very well drive the finger wiggler right back into town."
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:03 pm »

"Knowing the weather is not my speciality. This one will defer to those with more expertise. "

Kawari seemed rather energy-less, feeling the winter torpor that afflicts birds. She slumped near the fire, the light flicking off her helmet.

"Winter is a wretched season. One does not feel climbing mountains is ideal in this weather. "
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2015, 02:19:49 pm »

"We could wait at an outlying farm through the night if it's that much of a problem. And we'll be able to catch the mad wizard if he's stealing food there..."
Akira says slowly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2015, 05:00:54 pm »

"That assumes an unreasonable degree of luck, him happening to choose to raid the same hovel in which we find shelter. If anything is liable to drive him into the town, it will be a touch of snow such as this. Best to wait it out and keep open ears, then depart come morn'."

Samara settles into a chair to meditate.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58