Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160326 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1035 on: May 18, 2015, 12:56:43 am »

You can also do the standing guard point by using the special attack button. The button on the bottom screen that's normally a kick when your weapon isn't drawn.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45:59 am »

Why not go for that BaiBai Kaiser that all the kids are going for these days? It's a Torso Up helm and greaves, with Kaiser X chest and arms and Kushala X waist. With gems and a Focus charm, you can easily get Sheath Control (quick sheath+punish draw combo skill), Sharpness +1, Critical Draw, Focus, and maybe some other stuff. The only downsides are that it's a pretty common set, and the Torso Up helms have low defense in G rank.
Sounds absolutely awesome. I didn't realize what Torso Up did or that it can be used in conjuction with Kaiser to become so incredibly powerful. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 19, 2015, 09:32:38 pm »

Am I doing the gathering hall search wrong? All I want to do is finish off the 7★ quests that I haven't done yet, and so under 'target' I select "7★ quests" but all I ever get are people trying to fight Dalamadur. Occasionally I will find someone who wants to to other quests, but they're all ones I've finished off, and I can't make a room myself because nobody ever joins.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 19, 2015, 10:03:13 pm »

It's probably faster if you search by the specific monster you need to hunt and switch it up for each quest.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 31, 2015, 10:03:44 am »

NEW MONSTER HUNTER!!! YAY!!!

CHOO CHOO!!!

ALL ABORD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!! WOOO!1!!!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 31, 2015, 10:15:31 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:16:59 pm by penguinofhonor »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 31, 2015, 10:26:31 am »

Super moves? In mah Monster Hunter?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 31, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

And here's the trailer they mentioned

AGNAKTOR YESSSS

I think the only thing bad about this I'm seeing is that they're reusing a lot of maps from 4u. I preferred a lot of the 3u maps over the 4u ones (although they can't just use the 3u ones without adding a bunch of ledges and stuff to jump from)

A lot of these new 'super' attacks look like they would be terrible in multiplayer, knocking everybody around. I'm mostly curious how they add multiple 'styles' to LBG and HBG.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 31, 2015, 10:41:15 am »

Now this is exciting. So there's 4 movesets for each weapon? That's crazy. And apparently you can customize your super move too.

Much excite!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:57 am »

Oh man, this looks great. Instabuy from me if it comes here. Bringing back old villages and monsters while also adding new ones? New movesets? Unprecedented levels of customization? Awesome.

I'm mostly curious how they add multiple 'styles' to LBG and HBG.
Presumably like limiter removal, but even more extreme? Maybe they could have it so instead of shooting a bullet, it's like a little gunlance-style explosion. I dunno.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 31, 2015, 11:39:08 am »

Oh man, this looks great. Instabuy from me if it comes here. Bringing back old villages and monsters while also adding new ones? New movesets? Unprecedented levels of customization? Awesome.

I'm mostly curious how they add multiple 'styles' to LBG and HBG.
Presumably like limiter removal, but even more extreme? Maybe they could have it so instead of shooting a bullet, it's like a little gunlance-style explosion. I dunno.

e: Can anyone tell what weapons are at 1:27 and 0:49 of the trailer? They look like a greatsword and SNS to me, but then those weapons showed up at other times in the video. Maybe they just chose to show two different supers for those, but if not... new weapons???
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 31, 2015, 12:28:36 pm »

0:49 looks like a bugstaff. 1:27 is a greatsword.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:32:07 pm by majikero »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 31, 2015, 12:32:42 pm »

0:49 looks like SnS with a super roundslash attack
1:27 looks like Greatsword. Also looks like you'll be able to 'charge' it up a bit similarly to longsword now? That'd be neat.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 31, 2015, 12:38:29 pm »

The range and fat shield messes me up. Looked at the weapon length which is a sword.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 95