Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160317 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1020 on: May 16, 2015, 01:04:52 am »

I had the same issue, except I was at XXX8. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it involved carting and/or failing some quests. Sorry I can't help more.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 16, 2015, 01:24:52 am »

I'm sure I'll make some stupid mistake and cart to something eventually. Or lag will get me, though that hasn't been a problem that much. I've had a couple teleporting monsters every now and then, but nothing particularly severe, which really says something about the general quality of the online. Plus I can always just find another room.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 16, 2015, 06:21:39 am »

Well, I'm doing to guild quests I collected today- even if I'm not quite sure how they work, haha.

Edit: Is there any way of skipping story quests? Because this bird thing with the flashbangs and poison is really damn annoying.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:01:11 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 16, 2015, 11:37:49 am »

Use a weapon with a shield. You can block the flashbang and the poison (somehow).

Also if you break his face, he can't flashbang any more though he will still try and act sad when it fails.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 16, 2015, 11:43:47 am »

Huh, okay. I guess I really should play around with some different weapons... I had been using longsword exclusively.
I tried switching to a light bowgun for this particular beastie, but that failed horribly. I'll give something with a shield a shot!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 16, 2015, 12:42:28 pm »

I feel like not having internet is stopping me for fully enjoying this game. I can't play multiplayer!

This game has quickly won me over. I think the point where I realised I was in love was when I ordered a meal from the street cook for the first time. D'awww little kitty cat-people so adorable eeeeee.
Also slightly racist Chinese stereotypes. Xie xie.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 16, 2015, 12:57:56 pm »

How is it racist... Is it racist to say Chinese words now? I'm actually Chinese and never once thought it was racist.

That's like saying Neko from the ship is being racist to Japanese because he keeps saying things like "Neko means cat" and "Arigato means thank you".

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 16, 2015, 01:01:29 pm »

I never said it was super racist, he just has little squinty eyes and a big rice hat. Plus, he never really seems to make anything other than fried rice and dumplings.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:19 pm »

I don't know if you realize but we Chinese actually have squinty eyes and eat a lot of Chinese food. If you're expecting the game to showcase a whole smorgasbord of different offerings other than the one model for food (edit: actually five I think. It upgrades over time. There's even the magic he does that transforms a lobster into a chicken), I think you'd be playing the wrong-ass game.

It's certainly not offensive enough to be deemed racist in any way. Unless portraying any kind of stereotype is considered racist in this overly-PC world these days. In which case, wouldn't the Caravaneer be racist towards whites because he's constantly drunk and is basically useless? Also dresses like a cowboy.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2015, 11:10:49 am »

I think the poogie god wants me to keep using Hermitaur set and SnS all the way to G rank. I'm trying to build other weapon sets but I found a +8 speed setup talisman in my storage.

That just cleared my biggest problem in expeditions because of the lack of mounting opportunities.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2015, 12:07:46 pm »

This is the most crazy non-hacked armor set I've ever seen: http://imgur.com/a/8juzu

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »

Yeah, not many people think about it as much, but relic armors are just as (if not more than) broken as relic weapons. Just Honed Blade and Steady Hand alone like this Damascus set a guy made a while back is already really good, but Enlightened Blade on top of it all? That's pretty amazing. And they don't look like fashion disasters either, which is also a big plus.

Finally got my series of GQs for armor together... and now I have to level them all to 140. I'm going to have to get to know Gore really well by the time I can be like the dudes in the pictures.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »

Tried and failed to do guard point with CB. All I can say is it's too much of a timing thing for me. I'll stick to positioning and mobility for defense.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 17, 2015, 11:01:37 pm »

Tried and failed to do guard point with CB. All I can say is it's too much of a timing thing for me. I'll stick to positioning and mobility for defense.
You also have to make sure you're doing the right button presses. If you're trying to do the guard point from standstill (as opposed to the one after an attack, you have to make sure you're hitting R and X at the EXACT same time. Sometimes it's easier to actually hit X and then hit R and instant later. If you hit R first, even by a tiny bit (which you will probably do by instinct) then you'll do guard -> shift, which gives zero guard point time.

On a personal note, I'm looking for a good armor set for Greatsword right now - anyone got any suggestions? I'm using Rathalos X at the moment for the Attack Up, managed to gem it to Attack Up XL, and even got Focus on top of that, but I feel like the Fire +2 is wasted on Greatswords, even if I'm using fire element (and I would prefer raw damage anyway).

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 17, 2015, 11:54:43 pm »

Why not go for that BaiBai Kaiser that all the kids are going for these days? It's a Torso Up helm and greaves, with Kaiser X chest and arms and Kushala X waist. With gems and a Focus charm, you can easily get Sheath Control (quick sheath+punish draw combo skill), Sharpness +1, Critical Draw, Focus, and maybe some other stuff. The only downsides are that it's a pretty common set, and the Torso Up helms have low defense in G rank.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 95