Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160314 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #990 on: May 10, 2015, 05:10:52 pm »

Finally got low rank Garuga by shameful savescum. Now I can start the Garuga weapons line. Next is to savescum rare expeditions since I just need 1 more normal expedition to get rare.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 11, 2015, 05:54:57 pm »

If you're going for a water lance get the Kecha (expelger) lance. Zamtrios is ice element, Kecha is water.
Seadiver. It's made of Zamtrios and Zamite parts, and it does water damage.

If you want to beat Gravios I highly suggest keeping him near some ledges so you can repeatedly hit him with aerial strikes and mount 4+ times. If you can manage that, you'll break his back and his chest quite easily, as well as opening up opportunities to beat on him while he's downed.
This was a great strategy. At 2 his back broke, at around 4 his chest went too. After that I just kept poking him with water damage and mounting occasionally when he got close enough to a ledge. He went down pretty easy, although I did go down once due to my own mistake. (Used a whetstone when I meant to use a mega potion.)
The trick I found was to block constantly and just poke with the upward thrust whenever he finished an attack. He's big, but most of his physical attacks are blockable. It helped that I had an auto-guard talisman and Felyne Defender(Hi), too.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 12, 2015, 08:14:00 am »

I don't really recommend using Auto-Guard. It's a waste of a talisman slot and a crutch skill. Also, there is virtually nothing you can do to prevent yourself from automatically blocking and wasting time and stamina if a mere tiny Jaggi hits you.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 12, 2015, 08:51:11 am »

If you have no better talismans I would still not recommend using Auto-guard. It's more likely to develop bad habits, so you're better off learning when you should be guarding on your own. If you're at least in High rank and you have drinks unlocked start eating for Explorer (fish+drink saute) before you go on quests, which will land you in the secret area every time so you can gather some charms easily before the hunt. I've gotten some decent talismans in low/high rank, but nothing like the kind of stuff you may find in G.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 12, 2015, 11:29:42 am »

The only reason I can think of using auto guard is to learn timing(for guard counter and guard point) of specific monster attacks. That only works if your taking a more scientific approach to learning to get better.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 12, 2015, 05:03:42 pm »

So just curious, what hunter rank has everyone achieved? I got up to 246 myself, beating my previous 3U rank of 180-something.

I'm asking this because last time I saw anyone was ages ago, and their ranks have probably doubled or so by now.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 12, 2015, 05:06:26 pm »

I guard manually all the time. Auto-guard is just a safety net for when I inevitably screw up.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 12, 2015, 05:25:09 pm »

Eh, just keep it until you get better charms in high rank or so. No big deal. Gunners with shields get autoguard too (though they literally have no way to manually guard).

There's so much shit to learn in the game that you can learn guarding at your own convenience later anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 12, 2015, 09:09:50 pm »

There's so much shit to learn in the game that you can learn guarding at your own convenience later anyway.
Yea... I had used the Insect Glaive so much before I learned how to vault.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 14, 2015, 09:31:08 am »

Well, I bought this today.
So far it's confusing as hell. D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 14, 2015, 09:32:54 am »

If you need help with something ask... and don't be afraid to research stuff

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 14, 2015, 09:49:32 am »

Well, are there any weapons that don't require constant whetstone use to do any damage?
Because I do not like this feature. I do not like it at all.

Other than that the game seems kinda cool, though, although I still have no idea what I'm doing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 14, 2015, 09:51:42 am »

Find weapons that have high sharpness, or deal with using ammo/coatings as a gunner, or find armor/talisman with Sharpness and/or Handicraft.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 14, 2015, 10:09:42 am »

Well, are there any weapons that don't require constant whetstone use to do any damage?
Because I do not like this feature. I do not like it at all.

Other than that the game seems kinda cool, though, although I still have no idea what I'm doing.
This is mostly an early on thing. But yeah, I recommend the greatsword, where sharpness is less of an issue as you don't attack very often. Sharpness goes down if you block though. Later on you will be able to put together sets of armor with skills, and one of those skills helps maintain sharpness, making your weapons take twice as long before they need to be whetstoned.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 14, 2015, 10:44:44 am »

Switch axe in sword mode never bounces. You can keep fighting even if it's in yellow sharpness.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 95