Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160297 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #960 on: May 02, 2015, 11:15:02 am »

What's wrong with Seltas and Seltas Queen (for Gyro Wedges)? Or even Master Sabers?

On a semirelated note, I think that this game has a much better selection of water weapons. Now fire, on the other hand...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 02, 2015, 11:34:12 am »

Spiral/Gyro Edges come under "terrible". Gyro Wedges have the tiniest sliver of white sharpness with S+1, comparable to Monarch, which has better element and is two rarities lower.

Master Sabers come under "tedious/difficult to get" because mining, as well as being kind of mediocre.

As far as fire goes, Wyvern Lovers and Gorger's Tools are alright, if tedious to get. That 400 fire from Awaken is so, so worth the skill points.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 02, 2015, 12:26:38 pm »

Gyro Wedges aren't that bad. Not many weapons get good white even with Sharpness +1 in high rank, and you have to remember that it has 50 true raw over Monarch. Master's Sabers aren't so bad either, and I'd count being made of ores as a plus because it's easy, but the Basarios Tears might be a little hard to come by.
In either case, if you need a water weapon, you should take what you can get.

Wyvern Strife is good but it can't be fully upgraded until they release G-rank Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian, which isn't likely to happen for another 3-6 months.
And I wouldn't make the Gorger's Tools, because muh vouchers, the poor sharpness, and also I prefer not needing to awaken things. But that's just me.

At least DBs get an alternate fire option in Agnaktor aside from the Rath ones. Stuff like IG only gets Ash Kecha Wacha, which doesn't exactly make for an amazing weapon.

e: And raw is still a sizable portion of your damage, no matter what weapon you use. It's best to not ignore it, considering the best raw hitzones are like 80 and the best element hitzones are around 35 at most. (of course there are a few exceptions but those are mostly anomalies)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:35:10 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 04, 2015, 09:43:27 pm »

So... the Seditious Cleaver... it's a greatsword... that folds.

It's a damn folding greatsword.

THIS IS AMAZING.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 04, 2015, 09:49:38 pm »

I'm running out of stuff to do...

I've killed every GQ 140 monster. I've killed every monster in general. I've captured every capturable monster. I've mounted every mountable monster. I've killed all the meownster hunter monsters both low rank and high rank. I've collected all the poogie costumes.

I need to fight something harder! I need something like a GQ 180 monster or something.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 04, 2015, 09:52:07 pm »

I've killed every GQ 140 monster. I've killed every monster in general. I've captured every capturable monster. I've mounted every mountable monster. I've killed all the meownster hunter monsters both low rank and high rank. I've collected all the poogie costumes.

I need to fight something harder! I need something like a GQ 180 monster or something.
Uh... beat every G-rank monster without armor?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 04, 2015, 09:56:23 pm »

Uhh... I can do guys like Tetsucabra or Rathian with no armor... but Yian Garuga or Rajang? No frigging way.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 04, 2015, 09:57:31 pm »

So... the Seditious Cleaver... it's a greatsword... that folds.
Psh, the Zinogre ones were doing that before it was cool.

Fight everything over again, but solo? No cats either.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 04, 2015, 10:08:00 pm »

Heh, I can probably try that but dunno if I would fight EVERYTHING. I mean, a lot of small fry die in under 30 seconds. It'd be pretty boring.

Speaking of which, if you guys are trying to get the 20 palicos at level 20 achievement, I recommend doing the unlimited Nerscylla quest. With CB you can kill each one in 5 seconds. Just ultra burst their spawn point with the Akantor CB and they instantly die. It gives a lot of exp for cats.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 04, 2015, 10:10:01 pm »

Anyone know exactly what Purrtuoso/Strong does, and whether or not it's better than Purrtuoso+? I recently got a cat that has it and I'm wondering if I should invest in raising him.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:46 pm »

Have you gotten mini, silver, and gold crowns for every monster?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 04, 2015, 10:50:48 pm »

I can't be arsed with the mini crowns. I have it for all the big ones though except for silver Rathalos.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:02 pm »

By the way, I've been using switchaxe for a while now (I probably should have started with it instead of lance, oh well) but now I kinda wanna branch out a little. Might do greatsword, but anyone have suggestions? I would start gunning but... I dunno, always been more of a melee person when it comes to these kind of games.

If I do start GS, what is a good one to go for?

I also use a paralasys switchaxe in MP to help stun monsters, but dunno if I should hone it eventually, and if I dunno which one to go for...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:25:49 pm by OzyTheSage »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 04, 2015, 11:45:19 pm »

Cera Cymmetry (Diablos/Black Diablos) should be the first thing you go for. It's pretty easy to get now that Diablos Hardhorns drop at more than 10%, compared to 3U where they were like 5 or 6 or something low like that.
Pale Kaiser (Azure Rathalos branch from Valkyrie Blade) is pretty nice.
Rogue Sedition (Steve), as most big, slow, hard-hitting Seregios weapons are good. No need for Sharpness+1, either.
Ukanlos and Akantor are also very strong, but not very sharp. You might have to mess around with them to get them to work.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 95