Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 120034 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 2: Raiders' Camp
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:02 pm »

(Sleight of Hand check: 16+1 vs. ..., Success!)
While the cultist is thinking of good answer, Arwen pulls out an arrow, examines it, and tosses it aside, conveniently next to the prisoner.
"Well, I ain't no theologian, but we're all about change. Constant, irreversible, uncontrolled change. Entropy, the dragonfangs call it. We ride that change wherever Tiamat wills us to go."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2015, 03:35:18 pm »

"Interesting.... Which branch is about fighting?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2015, 04:21:23 pm »

The cultists grimace. "That's the Red Hand, but I wouldn't use 'fighting' to describe them. If we ride the wave of change, they're the crashing surf against sharp rocks. They don't fight, they destroy. See, we ride chaos because of theology, thought. They just kill for no reason. It's just a bunch of permanently enraged sadists."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:31 pm »

"Hmmm... Yeah, not a big fan of that... Tell me about the other branches?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 pm »

"Pah, they're a bunch of canker-blossoms. Anyway, there's only three branches working this raid: us, the Red Hand and the Black Wing. If you're looking to get picked up by the Jade Fang or the Pale Eye, you've got to go look for 'em. Hell, anybody but us is going to make you go through initiation, which takes years, I hear, but we play it loose. It's a lot easier to get yer colors here."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2015, 10:16:18 pm »

"The Black Wing, huh? What are they like?"

Arwen stealthily checks on the Monk's progress.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 31, 2015, 03:01:25 am »

The elf mumbles, and attempts to unassumingly cut himself free with the arrow.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 31, 2015, 03:40:16 am »

Arwen and The Elf.
(Slieght of Hand: 14+6, vs. ..., Success!)
The elf quickly and quietly grabs the arrow, cutting his bonds in moments. He leaves his hands in position, as if they were tied.

"They're a bunch of creepy mystics. They keep going on and on about building temples, spreading fear, and a whole bunch of spiritual shit like that. I'm pretty sure most of it's metaphorical, or something. It's too much for me."
"Hey, where'd the kobolds go?"
The cultist brings up a good point. Johanna and Mirella are standing outside the circle of stones, sans kobolds.

Johanna:
(Deception, with Advantage: 7, 16+2, vs. ..., Success!)
At your speech, the kobolds break out into massive, reptilian grins. Your parents' lessons paid off. "We will do! Kobold blades will go snicker-snack! Curse the pink worm filth's betrayal of The Queen-Mother!"
They disperse and take up positions behind the boulders. Mirella trots down to join your side when she sees them getting into position. A few kobolds look in you direction, as if asking for orders, or a signal.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 31, 2015, 11:15:00 am »

Johanna rose her hammer up, and cleared her throat. She found she quite liked this. Perhaps she would have made a better actress than a Wizard...Kobolds were cowardly, if bloodthirsty-they would need a proper demonstration. Confusion she sewed among the humans would be to their benefit.

"...So, did you think you could betray the Dragons and live? Was the gold you took worth the lives of the Dragonblooded who fell in battle? We know all your secrets, traitors-now you must pay!

Die, fools, in the fires of your own stupidity!"
She spoke loudly to the clustered humans in her best booming, 'villainous' voice.

Action: Open the battle with a Firebolt to the Cultist Human who seems in the lead and/or most dangerous. That should impress my Kobold minions.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 31, 2015, 11:16:58 am »

Arwen nods, and holds his sword towards the humans.
"Well. It was fun getting information from you. But now? I've got better things to do. C'mon Elf, I found your pupil."

Slash the nearest Human Cultist!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2015, 07:56:52 pm »

The elf grabs for his equipment.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2015, 11:44:43 pm »

((There was a map here, but it isn't needed any more.))

(Spell attack: 2+5, Failure!)
Johanna's battlecry heralds a swarm of reptilian creatures, but she accidentally fired her Firebolt into the sky, instead of a sensible direction. Not that the swarm notices.

(Melee attack: 18+6, Success! 6+6 damage!)
Arwen, with a single, fearsome downward stroke, slices off the arm of the nearest cultist.

(Ranged attack: 19+6, Success! 4+4 damage!)
The elf dives for his gear, and retrieves it in a fraction of a second. On instinct, he loads his bow and fires at the cultists. The arrow sails straight towards Cultist 2, and hits dead on. It does not stop, and sails on through the cultists abdomen.

Mirella dashes forward, towards the cultists.

The kobolds surge forth from their hiding spots. Three descend on a cultist with their knives, and blood spurts their dog-like maws. The rest pepper the cultists with rocks from slings as they close distance, but the pebbles are ineffective.

Next Turn!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The kobolds leap onto the remaining cultists with their rough-hewn knives, ending their lives for the Queen-Mother.

Combat's over... for now.

The kobolds, flush with the excitement of victory, begin to cut off chunks of the cultists and throw them into the fire, like offerings. They quickly seem to become lost in a religious frenzy.
What do?

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 31, 2015, 11:47:55 pm »

Arwen moves to examine the Cultist's weaponry, curious if any of it is worth taking.

"So Elf... Nice shot. You looking for something worthwhile to do?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2015, 12:10:31 am »

The weaponry is uninteresting and cheap. Still, it'll hurt if you get hit with the pointy end.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2015, 12:58:57 am »

The elf shrugs. "I don't 'ave particularly much to do currently. I might be interested."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 94