Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 120023 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Chapter 2: Raiders' Camp
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2015, 09:12:08 am »

Arwen moves into a scouting position.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2015, 04:29:53 pm »

After a few minutes of watching, you are able to determine that the group is made up of four humans, and eight kobolds. They have stopped to cook up a few prairie hens for a meal. The kobolds and the humans seem to distrust each other, and although the humans act like they're the bosses, their leadership amounts to nothing more than ineffectual bullying. The humans' weapons are stacked against a rock, out of easy reach. The kobolds have their weapons on their belts.
In addition, Arwen catches sight of a captive, a wood elf man, by the looks of it. He has been bound hand and foot, and is glaring at his captors, while being mostly ignored by them.
You regroup at the top of a nearby hill to figure out a plan.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2015, 04:40:31 pm »

((Btw, how are the cultists dressed? Do our disguises seem done well enough to blend in with them, if we have to?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2015, 04:46:21 pm »

They are dressed in the blue patched black robes, like what Johanna is wearing.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »

Arwen nods. "I found a hostage. I believe it's our friend's master. So freeing him is a good thing to do first. The Kobolds MIGHT be turned to our side, if I can win them over in Draconic. In case the humans ALSO speak Draconic, we may need to disable them first. Thoughts?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2015, 01:36:11 pm »

"We need to set the bloodthirsty little beasts on the humans, let them reduce each others numbers...and, then we can deal with the rest. How about you and Mirella sneak up back me up, and I'm a wizard-I do the talking. I'm wearing the right color of robe, so I should be able to fool them. I believe if I can rile up the Kobolds..."

Action: Let's try to deceive them! March straight into the camp like we own it, then demand the attention of the Kobolds for a speech (which will be written in full, if we get in without being attacked). Obviously, in my best Draconic voice.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2015, 01:48:58 pm »

The kobolds have begun to split off from the humans, taking their charred meal, and glare at you as you approach.
(Persuasion: 15+2, Success!)
You quickly gather the full attention of the kobolds, and the partial attention of the humans, who shout over to you, "Ho, friend. Don't waste your time with those lizard rats. Come, join us for a prairie hen!"
In the background, you can over hear a quiet conversation from the humans.
"Oh, lizard-rats! That's a good idea for a hybrid! Why didn't I think of that?"
"'Cause you've got shit for brains, Limer."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2015, 01:52:18 pm »

Arwen approaches the humans, coming out moments after Johana, the drake at his side.

"Don't mind if I do... Dealing with drakes works up an appetite... So...." He takes a bite of the hen, and looks towards the elf. He then positions himself between the humans and their weapons, casual like.

"What's up with the Elf?"

And Arwen is a distraction!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2015, 02:04:09 pm »

"Found 'im sleepin' like a babe here, as we were making our way back to camp. We figured, hell, why not take a little something back to experiment on? Aint ever messed up a wood elf before."
This leads to a small chuckle that goes around the circle.
"Now, what about you? You a merc, or are you still just an initiate?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »

"Could be fun, yeah.... I'm a sellsword myself. My blade's for the highest bidder."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2015, 02:09:51 pm »

Johanna addresses the Kobolds directly in Draconic, trying to remember her parents instructions on 'how to talk to peasants'...she spoke to them in a huddle, so the humans could not hear...

"...Ah, it's good to have so many of the Dragonkin here. I can see you have done well-even captured a prisoner...I am...Telestra, an agent of our cause. And, I have been sent with a message, only for your ears, brave warriors. Listen closely, for my words must be quiet on the winds.

I have a task you may enjoy, from the teeth of the General himself. He has identified these bullying humans as traitors. We lost many brave Dragonbloods to the cities defenders, as you know-but none so much as were lost from the interference of the human kings, who sent that group of terrible warriors, to try and stop us. You will remember them, they were four. They dared to strike at Lennithon! They killed many, and one even dared to think he could duel the General-an amusing folly, wasn't that? However, the General has divined that there were a few among us who sent certain secret messages to the cities of the Great Kings, in exchange for gold. How else could have such a band of skilled warriors arrived just in the nick of time to thwart us? It was not mere luck, it was deceit. Betrayal.

So, my noble Dragonkin-I command you to rise up, and slay these traitors-who dared to call you 'lizard-rats'. Kill them all, for the love of the Queen-Mother! Do it quickly, and quietly, and afterwards perhaps I will let you eat the Elf..."
She muses.

Action: Speech! But, let allies gather information and do their own moves, before processing my action

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2015, 02:16:19 pm »

"Could be fun, yeah.... I'm a sellsword myself. My blade's for the highest bidder."
"Pah! Sellswording by yerself ain't got no future. Come on, join up with us. We look out for each other in the Church of the Dragon."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2015, 02:18:22 pm »

Arwen thought about the offer for a moment, pacing.

"Hmmm... That IS a good offer... What's the Church of the Dragon like?"

Hopefully they wouldn't notice that he was standing VERY close to the elf now...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2015, 02:42:43 pm »

"Well, dat's a tough question," the cultist says, as they scratch their armpit, "See, there's these five branches, but the bigwigs call 'em 'Tributaries', one for each of the different color dragons; blue, white, red, green and black. We're with the Colbalt Claw, and so is your friend over there," they say, gesturing at Johanna.
"Hey, what's she saying to those kobolds?"
"You ever felt like you were in the wrong body, friend? Like, you should be something great, like a... like a changeling. That would be... just... the most amazing thing." The circle of cultists seem lost in that idea.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2015, 02:49:01 pm »

"Hmmm... So what's the Cobalt Claw all about?"

While they're distracted, he tries to covertly pass an arrow to the elf! hopefully it'll be sharp enough to cut his bonds.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 94