Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119907 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Wit hher limited field of view, Sweetpea could only really see on target - the kobold near the dwarf now facedown in the muck. She drew back the string and released at the lizard-thing. If she had bad dreams, later, so what? She'd do what she needed to do to survive without regret.

Pew Kobold 2
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Mirella quietly brought the staff around for another blow as the kobold staggered to its feet, reaching for a dagger.  Without even a moment's hesitation, she brought the staff around just as she had been taught, swinging it against the side of its head in an attempt to incapacitate it.

Attack Kobold 4 - attempt to knock it out

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweetpea takes a shot at the kobold who cried out in surprise, (12+6, Success!) piercing them in the chest, coming out the other end in a small spurt of blood.
Mirella swings at the kobold's head, (17+5, Success!) knocking it out, dislodging some teeth.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Arwen's turn.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen charges at Kobold 1, trying to get as close as he can, and, if within melee range, swing at it!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since Arwen can't quite get within reach of the kobold across the stream, he draws a handaxe and (Attack roll: 1!) totally fumbles it, dropping it on his toe.
The kobolds see this as their moment to surge forward, starting with Kobold 1 performing a jumping lunge from the stream bank towards Arwen, (... Fail!) but it misjudges the distance by a few feet, and lands in the mud, but is quick to recover.
Kobold 5 rushes Mirella, as if to protect or avenge Kobold 4, but it's short dagger is lazily deflected by the moon cleric.
Kobold 6 pulls out a sling and carefully launches a bullet (... Fail!) towards the tunnel, but it simply bounces off of metal walls.

It is Johanna's turn.

Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Johanna broke out of her trance. She couldn't waste time, or she might be mourning her own friends next...she pushed her reservations to the back of her mind, to deal with them later.

She spun the hammer in her hands as she moved closer, sickly green poison gas gathering around her in a cloud...

Action: Move closer, then poison Spray on the kobold 5, then move to H5.

Con Saving throwing 13 on target, or...
Damage: 1d12 Poison

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:28:28 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweetpea ducked from instinct as the stone clattered by. She frowned and aimed for the slinger-kobold, one pointed tip of a tongue poking out the corner of her mouth as she aimed.

Introduce Kobold 6 to an arrow.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

With a half-step and a slight turn, Mirella let the kobold's attack swing past her without any effect, and returned the favor with a blow from her quarterstaff. 

Attack Kobold 5

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johanna fires off a puff of blue gas towards the kobold, (... Failure!) but it takes a deep breath before the gas surrounds it, and is unaffected.
Mister Arrow (5+6, Failure!) has no interest in meeting Mister Kobold 6.
Mirella brings her staff down on the kobolds back, (15+4, Success!) striking the ridged spine soundly (5+2 damage) with a wet crack.

It is Arwen's turn.

Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen will introduce Kobold 1 to his blade!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack Roll: 18+6, Success!) Mister Kobold 1 and Mister Sword have a brief and bloody meeting, and Mister Kobold 1 rushes off to meet Mister Kurtulmak.

The final Kobold throws themselves at Arwen, in a desperate attempt to be more than hero fodder, (Attack roll: ... Failure!) but they fail even at that.

It is Sweetpea's turn.

Map.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I missed...? Hmmph!"
Try again!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rather miffed, Sweetpea fires off another arrow, (Attack: 8+6) and the kobold crumples around the force of the quarrel.
Combat is over! 100 XP for everyone!

With this raiding party either dead or incapacitated, you quickly search them for anything, but you only find about 8 GP, mostly in small jewelry and silver pieces. You determine that two kobolds and a single dwarf survived the attack. In the search, you find a small tattoo on the  wrist of the of the living dwarf. It depicts the snarling head and neck of a blue dragon. The other dwarf is unmarked, at least by strange tattoos, except for the large back shoulder tattoo of a heart with numerous crossed out names in it.

What do you do?

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen examines the strange tattoo on the Dwarf. "This ring any bells for anyone? I've got nothing..." He indicates the dragon, thinking. "Or should I drag him with us til he wakes up?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Johanna was still very pale, but she seemed determined.

"Alright. First, let's stuff these bodies in the tunnel-quickly. Bind and gag the ones still alive tightly. Sweetpea-you should take a run down the tunnel, tell the mayor the way is open. We're going to try to save more villagers, unless he has a better idea-and the men on the walls should get ready in case a fight breaks out. Maybe he'll even send reinforcements."

Arwen examines the strange tattoo on the Dwarf. "This ring any bells for anyone? I've got nothing..." He indicates the dragon, thinking. "Or should I drag him with us til he wakes up?"

"It's a Blue Dragon. He's obviously a cultist...yes, it might useful to commit that to memory...we don't have time to wake him. Best to stuff him and deal with him later..." She also thought back to the Dwarf she had probably killed, and thought that her robe might be useful too. Surely, she could put it to better use than it's former owner. She reached into her pack, bringing out her masonry kit-she didn't really have proper writing tools, just chalk nubs, charcoal pens, and rough scraping paper. It should be enough. Her hands were steady.

Action: Steal a Dwarf sized robe without lots of blood/holes. Also, quickly commit the dragon-head tattoo to paper with a charcoal pen.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 94