Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23422 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2015, 07:40:50 pm »

"Conceal yourselves, we do not want them to spot us before it is too late."

[/B]If anyone brought the oil for the trap have them pour it along the top edge of the map and disguise it.

Wait for the enemy to arrive.[/b]

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2015, 05:29:02 pm »

((Whew! even with consolidating groups of 8+ as mobs, I end up with 30 people in initiative counts! (13 for K'sal's situation and 17 for W657) Are you guys fine if I don't post every die roll? I'll roll all of them, but copying them over is really tedious due to the fact that I can't just copy-paste from roll20 without screwing with formatting for every single die, not to mention roll. But here goes!))

W657
You watch a convoy of 8 hellish knights led by a dragon who is covered with a skin akin to lava rock, the cracks of which you can see through to a fiery magma interior. A dark aura surrounds the beast, and you sense a definite fiendish presence within it. As the last of the riders passes through the narrow mouth of the clearing, you give the signal and rocks avalanche down upon the last 4 riders, burying them beneath the rubble. The two just ahead of them get by almost unscathed, although one of them (red) took a boulder to the leg, causing visible damage. You give the signal to begin the assault, and ready your weapon.
Surprise round- you get first action

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)

K'sal
As a convoy carrying the weaponry heads down your corridor, you see a heavily-armored knight with a very tall, disciplined stance come into view at the head. Next to him stand 4 very evil-looking humanoid forms with bluish-black scaly skin, a triangular head, large ruby-colored eyes, and two downward-curving horns. Its mouth is filled with needle-sharp fangs, and a small ridge of spines runs from the crown of its head to the small of its back. You notice another pair of them near the end of the convoy, and expect another pair on the opposite side. As you watch the knight from cover, you see his posture take a definite shift as you see he notices at least part of the ambush. You order your troops to begin the assault, trying to take the rest of the convoy off-guard at least. One of your serpentfolk warriors takes the initiative and fires an arrow quickly- and the arrow finds its mark perfectly, punching through the thinner armor on the side of the knight's knee.(13 damage)

Surprise Round- everyone on your side+the knight. Your action is next

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2015, 07:01:24 pm »

((Bah, finally had time to run through what's happened.))

Meanwhile, Demagogue, having been utterly ignored by anyone he didn't specifically approach, as usual, is still back at camp.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »

((You can do an RP encounter anytime, so you know. PM me for a (generated on the spot) list of people))
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2015, 02:45:42 am »

Green charge purple.
purple charge knight and yellow
red move in towards knight.

serpentfolk near red light fire and move towards red or shoot arrows.
serpentfolk archers shoot knight.

cleric buff my AC if possible.

me charge yellow.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:06 pm »

((Remeber- surprise round; only a standard action, so not all your orders are heeded. Also remember that initiative still counts- and that cleric doesn't have any way to both get to you and give you a protection from evil. He just used Holy Smite instead. Also, the squads use mob rules- they're slower (reg 20' movespeed, armored 15'.)))

You charge, making a mighty chop down over the nearest demon, and dealing a mighty blow- nearly felling it that one hit. You feel your blade sink deep into the beast's flesh and through bone- and look. You see that you caught it between its head and shoulder- and your blade clove itself with a 4 full blade widths between where its torso is supposed to start and where your blade stopped.

Your soldiers near the exit take the hint, and light the end of the passage on fire, getting out of the way for a squad to pass by them

As the soldiers advance to launch their javelin barrage, a great light appears above the hellknight, searing the demon's and the knight's flesh and blinding some of them.

The barrage arrives on the heels of the burst of light, and the knight is pinned down- he's taking cover and cannot move!
At this, the other serpentfolk warriors nearest you advance to bring the knight better in their sights- launching an arrow towards his relatively unprotected flanks- one shoots, and it hits its mark, piercing the chainmailed side of the knight.

The knight stands tall through this pain, and draws his greatsword from its blackened scabbard with a heavy rasp. He shouts out an unintelligible word and runes on the black blade glow deep red while the edges begin to burn with a black flame. "I am Nadlok, the Onyx of Hell's Legion. I will rend your puny bodies asunder and condemn your souls to damnation!"
As he speaks, your other squads come alive- both sides launch barrages of javelins at the closest targets
- only slowing and stopping movement from the nearest demons, as the javelins bounce harmlessly off their blackened scales.

It's your move. ((Actions will continue in the order given here. Just say so if you want the whole order typed out.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:53:57 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2015, 01:36:28 pm »

Load. Breath. Aim. Loose. Exhale. Load. Breath. Aim. Loose. Exhale.
Cold Iron bolts for today, he thought.

Sniping Full Attack against the Dragon with Cold Iron bolts: 1+24, 8+19.
Damage, if they hit, using max damage from Underhanded: 4+3+42+14, 10+3+42+14, 63 and 69.
Stealth: 9+48-20, 37.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2015, 03:59:59 pm »

((Dont you get double movespeed on a charge?))

Blink 10 feet left as a swift action, full attack nadlock.
If he dies cleaving finish the weakened demon then the healthy one.

All soldiers charge, serpentfolk shoot if safe to do so.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »

W657
You loose two bolts- and both harmlessly bounce off the creature's stony hide.
At your shot, troops on the canyon walls burst to action, taking your lead in shooting the immediate threat- the dragon that can reach their positions.
One sniper looses a bolt towards the great beast- and it sticks in its side! (6 damage) From the far side of the canyon, another bolt comes flying- but the shot skips right off the heavy hide of the beast.
Archers on the canyon wall spring to action, loosing a volley of arrows down upon the great beast. Many of them miss outright, but a good amount land and stick- the Dragon does not seem to even feel the pricks in its side, however. Javelins from nearby there come shortly after, to very similar effect. Bolts come again from opposite sides of the canyon- one flying off the hard shell, but the other sliding perfectly into an almost imperceptible crack between the Dragon's scales- and it seems to feel that! (16 damage)
More javelins- this time from your side of the canyon. But alas, they too bounce off the creature's tough hide. Arrows follow, and they seem to make solid progress in defeating the beast! (6 damage) Another bolt- this shot goes wide, missing completely.
Total: 28 damage vs. Dragon
It's your move again.

K'sal
You hit Nadlok- Hard. You feel his body almost crumble under your force. You make another swipe- a great slash that severs his body halfway off his waist. You keep your momentum- swinging around to cleave right through the other demon- and your blade passes through it effortlessly, into the last demon next to you. It doesn't quite die, so you chop at it- twice more and it falls as well. All three bodies crumble to dust, even the armor of Nadlok disappears.
Your archers fire on their respective demons, hurting targets from the side of the caravan as they approach. Several arrows fly past you- on the way to the demons that lie past where Nadlok was- now engaged in combat with your troops over there- troops that seem very close to faltering after the demons ravaged them from both sides. The troops behind you charge the menace advancing up the caravan, taking hits but dishing them out just as well. Your cleric studies the action.

((Oh and Rem's doing awesome things in his RP too- he's still around, so don't worry.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:22:02 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2015, 05:24:39 pm »

((Woo, I'm on my elven spirit quest!))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »

Can i get a map update for my faltering troops?

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2015, 11:39:53 pm »

W657

K'sal
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

((Yeah, was planning on putting up your battlemaps, but then life got in the way quicker than expected and I barely had time to finish giving you your action. I would've given a full write-up like every other time, but I was running out of time before life.))
Help us write a story!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2015, 01:17:15 am »

((I think I'd really like to participate, and am looking through possibilities now. Would I be able to make some sort of Hybrid Oracle/Summoner? Or some sort of Fate-backed magical juggernaught. I've got a couple character concepts in mind but they all revolve around divinity, inevitability, and being really goddamned tough/hard to stop. Not necessarily strong, just...I find being the Tank fun.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:22:49 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2015, 01:51:41 am »

((Go for it- divinity and inevitability are great! High-powered and with rich backstory to establish and develop on. PM me if you need any help.))
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2015, 06:19:49 am »

((I think I'd really like to participate, and am looking through possibilities now. Would I be able to make some sort of Hybrid Oracle/Summoner? Or some sort of Fate-backed magical juggernaught. I've got a couple character concepts in mind but they all revolve around divinity, inevitability, and being really goddamned tough/hard to stop. Not necessarily strong, just...I find being the Tank fun.))
((Please do, i cant tank for peanuts.))

Turn action:

have red move down to nadloks corpse and support the other group by attacking lavender demons.
run to swift blink range on the red demons then blink to them and full attack/cleaving finish.
green group full attack the lavender demons.
purple group full attack the grey demons.
serpentfolk support where possible.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22