Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23402 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2015, 12:57:08 pm »

K'sal
You look about to find more targets- and see the demons closing in on your faltering troops' backside. As you're about to blink past the horses in your way, you feel an intense light on your scales, and hear the demons' flesh searing. You continue your hustle to stop the black demons, blinking through the trained horses to come out with a full hack at the first demon. Your mighty swing rends a large gash in the demon's chest which black blood spills forth from, exposing blackened insides. Even as you see the wound, you hear serpentine voices raised in your people's war cry- and a pair of serpentfolk charging from down the pass! Your rear pair has come to your and your squad's aid, charging in with Flail held high for a massive strike on the already-weakened demon's head. With this, though, the demon lashes out at you- you knock aside its claws but feel its needle-sharp teeth biting into your flesh. It pulls away, but then you see a sharp, toothed tongue flash out and strike you right where its teeth left tear in your chainmail! You feel like your strength is sapping, but you fight through it ((Poisoned, made the fort save. 1 more for cured)). On the other side of the battlefield, more demons are cutting down your troops- the squad covering that flank has fallen! In response, one of the serpentfolk warriors initiates a charge on the demons, knocking it hard with a solid crunch that you hear even through the sounds of combat. Your upper squad comes in to the rescue of your first strike squad, cutting the demons down with relative ease. The faltering squad withdraws, licking its wounds. More cries, and you hear the final pair of your brethren charging over the bodies of the fallen to punish the scourge that cut them down. A pillar of holy flame descends near your position, and you feel the divine heat on your deep-hued scales.
Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:45:31 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2015, 08:45:23 pm »

Full attack tge healthy red demon then cleaving finish the almost dead one.

Have orange serpentfolk take a 5 foot step southwest then full attack.

Everyone else attack at will.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2015, 01:53:54 am »

W657 curses silently, and reloads, fires, reloads and fires.

Sniping Full Attack against the Dragon with Cold Iron bolts: 2+24, 2+19. Two misses.
Stealth: 20+48-20, 37.

((So I rolled two 2s for my attacks. And then I crited on my Stealth roll. Wonderful. It wants to auto-correct crited to cried. That sounds accurate.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2015, 01:56:36 am »

((Having trouble figuring out what would be some good CR boosting things that would actually end up making a difference; I'm hoping to go for a Synthesist Summoner(speaking of which can we say Fast Healing Evolution applies to the temp HP given by Synthesis Eidolons(only up to the max, of course)?) themed around 'FATE HAS DECREED IT ALREADY; YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE' style of delicious Ham. Apocalypse or Heavens Oracle (with Foretold curse) are similar-ish in theme. Probably the daughter of Seer Faath or something. I want some divination/seer-esque abilities for her, possibly in exchange for some Summoner abilites like Summon Monster...would that be okay, basically a custom archetype? And is Leadership allowed, and if it is, do we get any benefit for leadership scores higher than 25? And would it be possible to take a Leadership variant of some sort that gave more followers but no cohort?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2015, 02:35:10 am »

((Yes. Yes to all those things- Too tired to take a look at them seriously right now, but if you draft up a character sheet I'll look through it for changes. And I'm sorry, Immaterial.... Should've given K'sal the dragon.))

((Oh, and your action is all run, K'sal. I'll get it written up after about 8 hours of sleep. Long day.))
You hack at the unbloodied demon, opening a bloody hole in its leg right before taking a mighty swing at its side- and you feel flesh yield to your blade, and it keeps yielding. As your blade begins to slow down, you keep pushing-harder, until bone gives way and your momentum begins building again. Then your falchion exits the body, having cloven it in half cleanly- and passes into the demon right next to it. Your slice has similar effect on the weakened demon, but to a lesser degree- you only chop until its spine is cleanly visible, as the demon slumped in death before you could get any farther. Your support nods in respect before hustling towards the remaining demons to shoot an arrow right in one's back- a solid hit!

The demons lash out on one of the soldiers, wounding him but not seriously. You manage to see the tongue again flash to deliver poison to your friend, but then their supporting duo skirts around the demon to deliver 2 solid strikes with his flail- crushing the demon beneath the heavy force. The poisoned pair lashes out on the only remaining demon, injuring it but not badly.

As you ready to take action, you hear a cry that you don't recognize- your cleric is charging in! You remember that he is adequately armored and tougher that even you, so you don't worry- except on where you will stand when the demon falls.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:40:43 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2015, 01:50:07 am »

W657
You loose your bolts, but again- they glance off its armor like it they aren't even there. Your archers drive the beast to the ground with their constant barrage, but to no avail- a rider skirts the edge of the canyon, attempting to avoid fire, and the dragon rises- and it's rage is palpable. It flies over to a squad of archers and lets loose a great stream of flames- you see the ground beneath the archers bathing in flames begin to smolder and melt- the dragonflame burns with heat so intense it nearly blinds you to look at it. Snipers around the canyon continue to take their shots, most glancing off or having relatively small effect. A volley of arrows drive s the beast down a few feet again, and another bolt takes the beast in the side, taking more out of it. It doesn't seem to be very weakened yet, though. You ready yourself for more combat.
Help us write a story!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2015, 03:40:44 am »

Right. Deep breath. You've been in worse situations. Just have to stay calm and keep the up the fire.

Sniping Full Attack against the Dragon with Cold Iron bolts: 20+24 (44), 11+19 (30). Confirming Critical: 14+24 (38).
If they hit: Normal weapon damage, first roll: 4+3, if confirmed: 5+3, 2+3. Second roll: 2+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 6+6+3+2+3+4+1+14 (39). Second roll: 4+2+3+4+5+5+2+14 (39).
Stealth: 5+48-20 (33).

The beast had revealed a gap in their armor and he took his shot. In his excitement to see if he hit the creature, he poked his head out of the nest a bit too far. He ducked down as soon as he realized his mistake.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:43:30 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2015, 05:21:41 am »

move next to my serpentfolk warriors and wait for an opportunity to blink over to the demon.

all serpentfolk attack at will.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2015, 02:00:51 pm »

W657
You see a gap in the Dragon's armor, just beneath its left wing- you breath, pull- the bolt rams itself home- hard! The dragon begins bleeding- blood that pools thickly before it drips and leaves small drops of obsidian on the ground. Your second shot doesn't quite connect with your target, glancing off.
Your keen vision sees bolts still flying from your snipers, both glancing off and puncturing the dragon's heavy armor while your archers drive the beast down.
The Dragonfire from the angered dragon rages on, incinerating the squad that remains.
More bolts- more damage. The dragon seems significantly weakened.

K'sal
You hustle around the fray, ready to jump in should your soldiers need you.
Your soldiers shoot the final demon with arrows, weakening it for the others to beat it down- One hit- The beast lashes out at the cleric standing before him. A second heavy hit- The demon seems to be weakening quickly. With the third hit, the beast goes rigid; falls.

You have won this day, but at what cost? Four of your soldiers dead, several wounded. One ran.
Your cleric begins tending to the wounded, channeling the power of his holiness to mend their wounds and restore their vigor.
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2015, 01:34:47 am »

i should probably be posting a "secure carts, loot bodies" action right about now shouldnt i?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2015, 01:39:19 am »

Well, this is getting 'better'. Not done yet. Hopefully almost.

Sniping Full Attack against the Dragon with Cold Iron bolts: 16+24 (40), 11+19 (30). One hit? One miss.
If they hit: Normal weapon damage, first roll: 9+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 1+3+2+5+1+6+3+14 (34). Total of 41 damage.
Stealth: 9+48-20 (37).

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2015, 01:13:13 pm »

The faltering dragon furiously looks around for its assailant, but cannot find you in your nest- much to your liking.
Your sniper manages to get a little hit on the great beast, further pin-cushioning it's stony hide.
Shortly, a quick barrage of three bolts all hit the dragon- in vulnerable places, nonetheless! The sniper directly across from you has a moment of clarity, and fires three bolts perfectly placed into the great beast- it falls, and you see the last of its life drain out as it impacts the ground with a great crash- and a moment of silence, before a sniper launches two bolts which land squarely in the rider's shoulder. The rider begins showing weakness in his posture.
The remaining archers fire upon the most vulnerable-looking target, the now-weakened rider. He manages to avoid most of the volley, but a good amount still hits.
A sniper shoots one of the riders squarely in the place between his armor plates for heavy damage, but the rider shrugs it off like it was nothing.
Your ground-based squad closest to you leaps up from their shallow foxhole, launching a barrage of javelins towards the nearest rider, spurring him on towards them.

(K'sal)
You secure the wagons, each armed with a ballista. One crackles with lightning, one emanates a light breeze, one seems warm to the touch and has embers falling off its string, and the last simply seems magical. There are several ballista bolts in each wagon, and you find 25 in total. You can tell there is a compartment under the obvious top of the wagons, but they are locked and you don't want to risk destroying valuable weaponry or worse- exploding bombs or somesuch thing.
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »

Collect all the demons hearts and coins while the cleric treats my soldiers.

Once everyone is healed up lead tge wagons back to base.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2015, 04:13:19 pm »

((Character nearing completion))

((Behold your prophet and her mighty aspect of wrath))

((Item, revelation, and/or feat recommendations welcome, though remember I'm going for tank, not death-cannon))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:15:46 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2015, 04:40:37 pm »

((Sorry for the time lapse between posts, was hoping for the prophet to be done soonish.))

K'sal
You collect 8 demon hearts, and pick up Nadlok's Blade. Soldiers man the wagons and sit around, several breaking out flasks as the convoy starts moving. You think the trip back to the camp will probably take a day or two, due to the mountainous terrain and relatively sparse roads from here to there.
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22