Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23408 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(5/5, Waitlist)
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2015, 08:29:08 am »

((He can find them, but they'll be full market price- He's still gotta make profit on the deal.))
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2015, 11:19:13 pm »

((okay that all seems good.

whats your stance on animated shields?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2015, 12:00:13 am »

((They're super cool.))
((And they follow the same formula as any magic item that takes no slot (Multiply entire cost by 2). After your 33% discount for enchanting, you end up with mundane shield cost + 1.3 enchantment cost.))

((EDIT: Alternatively this.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:02:36 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2015, 12:31:54 am »

((i was leaning towards the enchantment, although the 4 turns on and 4 turns off is a bit... unsatisfying...

whats another good source of AC?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2015, 11:38:07 pm »

((Well it seems unless we do something drastic the games just gonna halt here, shall we nudge things towards the fighting?))

Get leader to build a ring of protection +5, Rest until recovered and prepare to ambush a weapons delivery..

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2015, 12:47:39 am »

((50,000 gp for the ring, -33% is -16.6k, final price is 33,400 gold))
"Well then, extra protection for the Champion of our People- I shall get to work on that! It will probably take me somewhere around a month to scrounge together the materials I need and get the whole thing forged and my magic woven. And you said you're definitely going to ambush that weapons caravan- I'll get a dispatch sent to the troops who'll be accompanying you- I'll send a company of the conscripts led by trained warriors with you, as well as 6 of our warriors, and a cleric as well.

And you, W657- would you like to take 10 of your Sagittarii and Speculatores and a compliment of archers and some soldiers to fortify your position? I'll get those dispatches written, unless you have any objections. Now go, rest! Your battle is done for now, but the war still rages."

(K'sal)
You head to your tent and lay on your cot, ready to rest your wounds away before a beautiful deep purple-scaled serpentfolk woman enters, dressed in the standard issue war leathers given to low-ranking soldiers and camp followers. Hers has the red sigil branded on the arm, and you realize she must be there to attend your wounds. You sit up and begin unbuckling your armor but wince in pain as the silvery metal slides into one of your wounds- she rushes over to tell you, "Stop- Let me help with that so you don't hurt yourself with those sharp edges." You stop, and she unbuckles your armor for you to get a better look at your wounds. You hear her pull an ointment out of a pouch on her hip, and she begins to brush the oil into your wounds with a surprisingly soft touch for her strong, toned musculature.
"I'm Von'shkasa, and I've been assigned to your recovery- I hear it was an intense fight in that keep- but I've heard tales of your heroic guardianship of the Deadeye. And-there! That oil should certainly help with any pain you've got from those, and I'll get some Bandages of Rapid Recovery on you so you can do whatever you need to until you leave for your next mission- you might want to see if you can get some of those conscripts to get the weapons pointing the right way, they're not so handy with a blade."She wraps the bandage around you- tight enough that you still feel the tension after she binds it off. You're sure that your wounds will heal in no time."So, I'll be back in tomorrow morning to check on you- now get some rest!"
As she leaves, you realize that time must have slipped away from you- the shadows on your tent are long and the outside has the familiar look of twilight.

(W657)
You head out as dismissed, and decide to make the rounds to "your" soldiers- you still have issues coming to terms with being the highest ranking- and being named Centurion in that regard. You know you must fill the position, as no one else will and you're the most qualified; it still feels unnatural to you, though. You sit deep into the setting evening with your partner, W689, at a campfire while he whittles and you think deeply over the recent events.
((I'd love to give you more, but I don't have a ton of characterization for W657/They don't seem very talkative.))

(Demagogue)
After the war conference with your compatriots and that Wizard, you feel the need to sit atop the nearby Mount Kizzo- so you head that way. You don't worry about wildlife- you feel unnatural to them; your curse. You mull it over your head as you walk through a forested valley on the way to the mountain; as you walk up to a forest full of life but step into a forest with nothing around- no chirping birds, no chatting squirrels, nothing. What you wouldn't give to have your old life back- to be able to walk with the birds, speak with friends- have relationships. And you long again for one like... Nevermind- you've thought too much in that vein- in what cannot be. As sun sets and you are ready to retreat into the depths of your thoughts at the mountain's peak, you ascend.
((Okay, here I have nothing- all made up from no detail, feel free to redact. Are you still around, Rem?))
Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2015, 02:09:13 pm »

((Bump))
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2015, 04:00:28 pm »

train the conscripts while we wait for tge other players to re-emerge.

((Did you try pming them?))

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2015, 04:25:11 pm »

You figure you can train a group of 25 conscripts each day, the most you think you can handle- and you think you get your points across to them ((All upgraded from farmers to guards, hereafter referred to as soldiers.) )The conscripts you use as demonstrations seem to get your points better than the rest, so you promote them to officers over the trainees for the day. ((They upgrade to guard officers, hereafter referred to as officers.))

((If you so like, you can have another encounter with Von'shkasa anytime- in pms or in posts or in roll20 if you'd like that, whichever way. She is your personal nurse, anyway. And I'll try PMing him right now))

There is one week before you need to head towards your ambush site. ((This can be spent just doing your training or RP things, either one. Just say so when any of you want to just finish the week.))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:29:55 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2015, 08:08:08 pm »

Continue training troops and trying to wake up party members by waving unclaimed loot in their faces.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »

((Bumpy. Rem or Immaterial?))
Help us write a story!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:24 pm »

((Is very sorry. Will be much better with updates from now on.))

W657 takes his men to prepare an ambush. They dig pits, setup rockfalls to both crush and block movement, digout fox holes, construct a sniper nest for W657, and build a small fortified camp to stay in for the time being.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2015, 12:26:49 am »

You draft up a battle plan after arriving at the pass and look it over.
Spoiler: Battle Plan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Do you accept this battle plan?

((Don't worry Pariah, I'm working on yours too.))
Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »

(K'sal)
You have your officers draft a plan for the weapons convoy Ambush.
Spoiler: Battle Plan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

The convoy will be coming from the bottom- you have time to make some more preparations if you so choose.

((Also of note, I won't be rolling every single die for every character- I'll be using some variation on group combat- each squad will function as a unit, so there are just several units rather than scores.))
Help us write a story!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2015, 05:32:16 pm »

W657 looks over the canyon, surveying his men putting their finishing touches on the ambush. Satisfied in its quality, he shouts out to them "Right! Well done, everyone! Now, get some rest; I want everyone at top form!"

Now to wait. And prepare a rousing speech. But mostly wait.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22