Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23398 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2015, 05:38:07 pm »

((Yeah, sorry, plan on finishing her today, one way or another, had been getting distracted and pulled away when I started for the last week or so; apologies for the delay))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2015, 06:16:51 am »

((yeah thats fine, do i just wait for immaterial to finish now?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:50 am »

((Yeah. Immaterial!!!! Go or I'm invoking the turn-skipping rule.))
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2015, 01:56:23 pm »

A shadowy figure pokes Immaterial with a rapier before disappearing.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2015, 02:06:07 am »

((I'm very sorry. School's been keeping me busy. Since all I'll be doing is continuing to snipe, I will just post the next 5 turns to make up for lost time.))

Standing orders for all units: Don't die and shoot the riders that are going to kill the ground units.

Sniping Full Attack against any rider with Cold Iron bolts: 18+24 (42), 20+19 (39, Confirmation: 10+19 (29)). Two hits?, one critical?
If they hit:
Normal weapon damage, first roll: 4+3.
Normal weapon damage, second roll: 3+3.
If second crits: 3+4+3+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 4+4+5+2+1+2+4+14 (36).
Second roll: 2+3+5+4+4+6+4+14 (42).
Stealth: 4+48-20 (32).

Sniping Full Attack against any rider with Cold Iron bolts: 6+24 (30), 4+19 (23).
If they hit:
Normal weapon damage, first roll: 2+3.
Normal weapon damage, second roll: 7+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 5+4+2+4+4+5+5+14 (43).
Second roll: 5+2+4+5+4+5+1+14 (40).
Stealth: 16+48-20 (44).

Sniping Full Attack against any rider with Cold Iron bolts: 5+24 (29), 11+19 (30).
If they hit:
Normal weapon damage, first roll: 2+3.
Normal weapon damage, second roll: 5+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 6+6+2+2+6+4+5+14 (43).
Second roll: 3+4+4+4+5+5+6+14 (40).
Stealth: 18+48-20 (46).

Sniping Full Attack against any rider with Cold Iron bolts: 3+24 (27), 3+19 (22).
If they hit:
Normal weapon damage, first roll: 1+3.
Normal weapon damage, second roll: 3+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 2+2+4+6+5+1+1+14 (43).
Second roll: 5+1+5+6+1+2+2+14 (40).
Stealth: 7+48-20 (35).

Sniping Full Attack against any rider with Cold Iron bolts: 18+24 (42), 8+19 (27).
If they hit:
Normal weapon damage, first roll: 10+3.
Normal weapon damage, second roll: 7+3.
Sneak Attack: First roll: 1+6+2+2+2+3+2+14 (43).
Second roll: 6+1+3+4+3+5+1+14 (40).
Stealth: 15+48-20 (43).

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »

You launch your bolts, finding easy shots on the left and right sides of the knight's relatively unprotected neck- two shots which take him down instantly.
Bolts and arrows fly across the valley, pure shots ringing clear in painful squelches and shots off-target ringing with a clear steel tone, muffled by padding underneath the heavy plates. One of the charging knights is held up with your pit traps, while the other takes the hint and watches out for the pits and deftly avoids them- he's still slowed down from the hail of javelins coming towards him, though. A great hail of arrows keeps the third back, immobilized.
(Round 2)
You launch another bolt, the first taking down the nearest rider, and the next going towards the next nearest rider, missing the gap between his pauldron and breastplate by just a hair, leaving a dent in the border metal.
As you watch, the two riders' horses and bodies begin to smolder and combust, the armor and their bodies turning quickly to ash to be blown away in the wind.
More fire comes from your men, bolts piercing the plate of the remaining riders. The near rider gets back up again and begins another charge, only to fall to another pit trap you set up.
Bolts fly in, bloodying the knight and both your squads pick up arms to attack the downed knight. The squad of archers keeps the last knight pinned down throughout the combat.
(Round 3)
Your first shot- breathe, hold, pull. A bolt flies through the downed rider's breastplate- a flaw in the metal you managed to see, probably a point repaired many battles ago. Blood spews forth, and the rider's last breath flows from his lungs. You refocus, aiming towards the pinned-down rider. Your bolt flies true, pinning the easy spot between the shoulder plate and the main segment of his heavy armor, a bloody and painful wound.
More bolts fly towards him, and he seems very weakened. Your archers ready a final volley, and as the first shots barely impact he falls over, dying on the ground. Arrows penetrate the weak points in his armor, finishing him off finally. The final riders' horse and body wither off into red embers that fly away on an unseen breeze. Scrambles from the rubble you set off cease, and you see flares smoking from beneath the rocks.

The battle is over; the reinforcements stopped. Your ground troops gather the greatswords wielded by the knights, and you bark an order down to salvage anything from the dragon that they can- they manage to cut off several stony scales which seem rather light to you, and a couple vials of the beast's molten blood. Anything else is certainly beyond their grasp. You head back to your field camp, forces in tow.

((Sorry for taking so long, same deal here with school in the way. Spring break  now, though.))
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2015, 07:44:31 pm »

W657 sends a few men back to the ambush site to collect the dead and bring them back to base camp for a proper burial, before sending out the order to break camp and return to base. They leave the field camp intact for later maneuvers.
He is especially quiet on the march back, mourning the death of his men.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »

You head back to your main camp. You notice a black dot circling in the clouds high above the camp, but can't quite make it out. You suspect a bird of some sort, but can't think of any kind that is that shade of black. As you reach your section of tents, Demagogue is waiting at a campfire for you. He barely notices your presence, but is unsurprised at your arrival.

A few days of rest and mourning later, you hear a ruckus as a small train of four wagons comes within sight of camp- K'sal at its head. A few of his men must have taken kegs of mead with them, and rightly so. The stresses of combat, loss, and travel through these mountains can be too much to bear without some liquid courage. He gets his troops settled and inventory taken with Von'Salor before coming to your silent campfire, a heavy heart showing on his face.

((Just say something when you want Sarae to come in, Rolepgeek- I'll figure out what goes down.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:06:06 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2015, 12:07:20 am »

((Sorry I've been late with that- got bogged down in the Cohort and I still need to do the spells, but then I should be good))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2015, 12:51:22 am »

Once the wagon train was first sighted, W657 stood at the edge of the camp for them, before returning to his campfire, where he was fletching some bolts.
"What was the size of their force?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2015, 06:43:15 pm »

Demagogue is sitting with his back to a tree, drawing some manner of complex diagram on an ever-present piece of paper. He looks up to direct his attention to the report.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2015, 12:48:54 am »

"There were 8 demons led by a knight called Nadlok, said he was the Onxy of Hells legion or somesuch nonsense...  The demons proved more dangerous..."

Turning from W657 K'Sal leads the caravan to be unloaded and informs the workmen about his suspicions regarding the locked compartments.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 21, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »

"Well, once you're done with that, continue your report, if you please."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 21, 2015, 05:51:18 pm »

((Alright, I'm done with the sheet as much as I'm willing to mess with right now.

Might continue refining bits up 'til stuff gets hard-locked and whatnot

Most technical info is with Wrath, simply because it's a pain to try and copy it over.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2015, 12:38:18 am »

"You have anything to report, Demagogue?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22