Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23427 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(5/5, Waitlist)
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2015, 02:48:08 am »

((Could we have a map of the passes they're sending the shipments through? I'm specifically looking for distance. Specifically, specifically, I'm looking to see if I can shoot at both targets at once. Theoretically.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2015, 06:07:49 am »

"How long do we have to catch our breath before they send out the reinforcements?"

((Everyone claim your loots or ill take the lot.))

Spoiler: loot list. (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2015, 12:58:02 pm »

Spoiler: whole world map (click to show/hide)

((They're a little more East/west than North/south, but it still works. Weapons are going through Trexli pass, reinforcements are going through Khanop pass.))

"I expect you should have several days to rest before the shipments come through. And don't forget that you have what's left of the legion at your disposal, Centurion. And do I see that you brought weapons back from the keep? That's good- we have floods of new recruits but nothing good to arm them with. Even the legionnaires are low on quality weaponry."
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »

"Not many, but yes. We recovered a pair of trebuchets from the keep and four flaming weapons from a group of erinyes bodyguards.

On the subject of equipment, could you help me determine if this cloak is magic and what this magic tabard does?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2015, 01:20:34 pm »

"This cloak... is enchanted to flow in the wind, whether or not there is actually a wind. Yes, this is the Cloak of the Golden General. I remember when this was created, 244 years ago (1736 S.E.)- it was the dawn of an age of war between the Mako empire to the east and the then-mighty hill dwarf empire of Grshkhan. Yes, the Mako grand general Benevus had the cloak made so his speeches could be ever more inspiring, what with the shininess of the cloak and how it fluttered in a constant wind- not like most winds that tend to blow nothing, and then blow everything really hard, no. This one trailed perfectly, and always. I've heard many tales of heroes rising with this cloak by their side- though whether it was due to the cloak or if the cloak just found worthy wearers, I know not. There was a full set of armor made for Benevus as grand general as well- I know, I was there.
But in regards to that tabard, it's more blessed than enchanted- I wasn't there when it was made, but I've heard many tales of tabards like it- they were made for the second Demon rising in 624 S.E. They were called Demoncall tabards, and were worn by the greatest knights who led the front lines- and who were best armored, as it drew demons' attention straight to them while augmenting their own defenses."

((The cloak does exactly as stated, the tabard gives +2 Constitution and +1 AC bonus(sacred)))
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2015, 06:45:24 pm »

((So guys, do you still exist or am i on my own here? Take some actions dammit.))

I am claiming the tabard, everything else is up for grabs.

"Excellent, thank you.
Oh and while we are here i have a bunch of demon hearts to turn in for the bounties. There are two hezrou, four erinyes and the viceroy's heart."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2015, 03:19:43 am »

((I'm still here. I just don't want anything really.))

"If I hear no objections, my men could use the bows."
He leans on the map table, examining the route, wieghing the options in his head.
"Now, to the problem at hand. Where are these shipments coming from? The south, the passes marked on the map, or here," he says, jabbing a finger at the castle to the northwest. "Because if they follow the road, couldn't we ambush them both here," this time jabbing at where the roads merge, about 10 miles to the south.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2015, 04:24:55 pm »

((Of note, I'm making the world very little; each hex is 1 mile across, so the point where the roads converge in the south is actually only 5 miles away.))

"The shipments are coming from the south, the lands most firmly held by the demons, and are headed towards the keep in the near north where you just came from- where the roads converge again. I guess you could ambush both shipments there," gesturing towards the convergence of roads, "but you wouldn't have much time to rest and you'd be fighting on open ground... With the mountain passes you can at least choke their cavalry through the narrow crags or wait for a wagon to break down... I most certainly advise against your plan of ambushing both- do you really want to face an onslaught from both the reinforcements and with them using heavy weapons? You can always get the other once they get to the keep- we should have enough militia there to hold them off for a few days while you're en-route. And those trebuchets can only help in the defense of the Keep."[/i]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:27:17 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:29 pm »

((Discussion! Decisions! Roleplaying!))
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2015, 10:10:17 pm »

"Excellent, thank you.
Oh and while we are here i have a bunch of demon hearts to turn in for the bounties. There are two hezrou, four erinyes and the viceroy's heart."

((Now onto the new actions))

"Yeah sure your minions can have the fire bows.

As for the ambushes, i say we do them seperately.
Maybe get some explosives or set some oil traps so we can lock their reinfircements in a pass and pick them off with archers while another group goes off to steal their weapons."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:12:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2015, 11:23:31 pm »

Von'Salor throws up his arms-"Oh, of course!" He strides over to and opens his chest, and pulls out 4 small black bags, 2 small red bags, and a large teal bag. "Here- the small ones each have 50 gp in them- bounty for a regular demon-of-the-line, and the large one is for the Viceroy- the special bounty of 500 gp. And my magic is always at your disposal to create magic items if you so need- I'll take a third off market price for you."[/i]

((The bags are color-coded; Black for devils, Red for demons, and other colors for specific targets.))

"That plan..." He thinks for a moment, taking stock of your resources and the armies at your disposal. "That could work- which place would you like to go first, Champion and Centurion? I'll start a dispatch immediately for a platoon of our militia forces to head the other way to lay a trap, and also a handful to help you set up an ambush on the other. He pulls out a trio of documents from the chest and begins marking on two of them, referencing the third. You peek over his shoulder and see that the reference is an inventory of your current forces:
Spoiler: Current troops (click to show/hide)
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2015, 11:32:14 pm »

"I cant use a bow effectively so i think ill head to the weapons convoy while that guy takes his archers to deal with the reinforcements."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2015, 12:28:46 am »

((as for magic items, how much would an armor item at ~+5 cost to make?  16.6k?))

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:44 am »

((It'd be bonus squared times 1000 (minus a third means just multiply by 667) so +5 would be 25*667=16,675+the base armor cost))
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2015, 12:36:21 am »

((Do i need to supply the materials or can i buy some from my glorious leader?))

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22