Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9356 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2014, 10:44:25 am »

The Blood Magic allows the User to manipulate Blood and the Life Force of beings, For Example creating a Meat Golem using the life-force of others, Or draining their health to restore the User's and so on, It is extremely versatile regarding it's possible uses, And it takes decades to become proficient, Of course Zorlock is already past the Arch-Mage level of skill in using it, Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2014, 11:15:04 am »

Scribe my goggles with when-press-[activation rune]-increase-sight. Try to see if the void goes on forever in any direction. Also make a law that says the valley is the limmit and use of essence is not allowed when it would cause the void to consume any part of the valley.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2014, 11:19:10 am »

Scribe my goggles with when-press-[activation rune]-increase-sight. Try to see if the void goes on forever in any direction. Also make a law that says the valley is the limmit and use of essence is not allowed when it would cause the void to consume any part of the valley.
Dave receives a call on his Talking Device.
"I Plus One This Course Of Action!"
Zorlock has one of the Kill-Simulators throw a rock into the Void and observes the Results.
Zorlock installs an Kill-Simulator charger inside of The Voyager.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:20:56 am by LuckyKobold »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2014, 11:23:26 am »

Ivy sighed. Well, she supposed this had proved her theory-she could create, in her own image, life. She had all her memories, all her thoughts. She felt like herself. She was not a mindless automaton...though, she felt a sharp frisson of fear at the fact that she was powerless here, she thought her...sister? Would protect her...then again, she also knew-or knows-that in her existence was only a sacrifice to a higher ideal.

""Well. I am less than you, but I am you. I feel no different than I did a moment ago-it appears the power to create life also recreates sentience...the fact I can feel fear for myself...I don't want to die. Life is defined by it's ability to persist...and we can then reason that life created here, with a steady hand and clear morals, would not be lessened because of our own, human imperfections.

What do you say to that?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

Zorlock's Voice booms across the Valley.
"I SAY WE NEED MORE ESSENCE!"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »

Ivy sighed. Well, she supposed this had proved her theory-she could create, in her own image, life. She had all her memories, all her thoughts. She felt like herself. She was not a mindless automaton...though, she felt a sharp frisson of fear at the fact that she was powerless here, she thought her...sister? Would protect her...then again, she also knew-or knows-that in her existence was only a sacrifice to a higher ideal.

""Well. I am less than you, but I am you. I feel no different than I did a moment ago-it appears the power to create life also recreates sentience...the fact I can feel fear for myself...I don't want to die. Life is defined by it's ability to persist...and we can then reason that life created here, with a steady hand and clear morals, would not be lessened because of our own, human imperfections.

What do you say to that?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »

"I would say we can be comfortable creating limited lifeforms in this world for our purposes, as long as make a world for them. We need more essence for that, however.

Hence, you need to decide if I should continue to exist-my purpose was to proof that life we would make would not be hopelessly corrupted, and I can hope we've done so."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »

Finally indulging his curiosity, Hastul walks over to the pair of Ivys.
"So, may I ask how and why there are two of you?"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2014, 09:02:32 pm »

Zorlock

You give the death-bots standing orders not to harm the Velociraptors, the Sukkippu (although they are to deny entry), Wizard Kings (unless provoked or attempting to gain entrance) and to ignore all distractions unless they attempt to gain entry or attack.

You create a map.  It takes the form of a silvery sheet of what could be metal, were it not flexible and cold to the touch.  As it is, the substance is room temperature, and it displays a top-down image of the valley, the surrounding sands and the cliffs, surrounded by a small circle of black void.  The rest of the map is translucent.  The sand shimmers with a sort of blue-ish overlay.  You suppose that must be Essence.  [-1 Essence]

You create seven solar powered walkie talkies.  They have an eight hour battery life outside of light to charge them.  They work as mundane walkie talkies.  [-1 Essence]  One assumes you give everybody one.  Well, one of the Ivies one.

You don't have the technical know-how to simply build a charger, so you just summon one into place from Essence.  It runs off the tank's battery.  [-1 Essence]

You have one of the death-bots dig a small stone out of the forest's soil (it seems several hard stones formed along with the soil when it was created, as you might expect in a forest') and walk to the edge of the sands.  They are now only half a mile from the valley's edge.  The death-bot tosses the rock off the edge.  It falls.

It keeps falling.  After a while, there isn't enough light for you to see it keep falling.  You... are pretty sure that's a bottomless void.

The Blood Magic allows the User to manipulate Blood and the Life Force of beings, For Example creating a Meat Golem using the life-force of others, Or draining their health to restore the User's and so on, It is extremely versatile regarding it's possible uses, And it takes decades to become proficient, Of course Zorlock is already past the Arch-Mage level of skill in using it, Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Insufficient definition.  That's a wish-list of what it should do.  Please establish hard rules on how it works, what (if anything) powers it or it costs, and what you have to do to make it work.  You don't have to specify every single application, but a broad definition of how it works is needed.

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »

"I say we team up to create a Magical Zeppelin to explore the Void for other Islands, Who supports this proposal?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2014, 09:35:50 pm »

((Forgot to bold.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2014, 09:42:05 am »

Finally indulging his curiosity, Hastul walks over to the pair of Ivys.
"So, may I ask how and why there are two of you?"

The Ivy's take turns finishing each others sentences, no doubt for their mutual amusement.

"One cannot create life..."

"...Without understanding the consequences"

"We needed to know..."

"If you make a living being?"

"Does it think?"

"Does it feel?"

"Is it right?"

"So we used ourselves."

"It was the only moral choice."

"...And we are nothing, if not moral beings."
"...And we are nothing, if not moral beings."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2014, 09:59:27 am »

Insufficient definition.  That's a wish-list of what it should do.  Please establish hard rules on how it works, what (if anything) powers it or it costs, and what you have to do to make it work.  You don't have to specify every single application, but a broad definition of how it works is needed.

Blood Magic is powered by the life force of any living being and the extent of the spell depends on how much life force is sacrificed, For example if a Blood Mage Sacrificed a squirrel the spell would be very weak and would be able to do very little, If a Blood Mage Sacrificed a Major Demi-God then the spell could wipe out an entire continent. Users can sacrifice some of their own life force or sacrifice another's but to do the latter you need to do a fairly long ritual to drain their Life Force, This is a very lengthy process and because of this most mages store surplus Life Force in various magical gems for easy access. The Spells themselves can do things like draining the Life Force of another and using it to heal yourself, Or condensing it into a floating mass of boiling blood that could be thrown, You could also use the Life Force to power a Golem of some kind although you would need to enchant it to ensure it's loyalty. Blood Magic is most effective against living creatures which is why in his Home Dimension they used Robots and Golems to hunt down the Blood Mages. Blood Magic is very dangerous to the user and as a result a large portion of Blood Mages are clinically insane, Including Zorlack.

(Alright is the above description sufficient?)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2014, 01:34:53 pm »

Dave

You adjust your goggles and peer at the void, circling around the cliffs.  You stretch the telescopic view of the goggles as far as you think they will go (testing it by looking up at one of the moons above and getting quite a clear view of one of its craters - zooming in, you can see individual grains of rock) and see... nothing.  As far as you can tell the void is abyss infinite.

You try setting a rule to prevent the void destroying the valley, but as far as you can tell there is no effect.  Maybe the void's destruction cannot be prevented, or perhaps the void will not destroy the valley anyway.  As you ponder this, you feel the ground beneath your feet start to crumble - you make a mad dash towards the valley as the sand beneath your feet falls away into endless void, just making it to the edge of a new set of cliffs before falling to your doom.  You scramble up to the edge again.  A quick check reveals that the Voyager similarly managed to evade destruction and is now pulling a safe distance away from the edge.  Someone must be consuming Essence.

Zorlock

[Those definitions are excellent, they just require a bit more Essence to implement.]

You run through your mental definition of Blood Magic and begin applying the rules, one by one.  Blood magic consumes the vital essence of living creatures as a power source, either voluntarily or unvoluntarily via lengthy ritual (using fairly standard verbal and somatic components).  Quantity of elan vital determines strength of magic that can be used.  Basic spells manipulate life force, draining it or infusing it into one's self or another.  It can also be used to animate blood for use as a weapon or tool.  [Essence already paid.]

Life essence (or elan vital) can be stored up to a limit in a caster's own body, or more practically in gemstones (enchanted using a verbal and somatic ritual).  It can then be drawn out and used at will.  [-1 Essence]

Blood magic can be used to animate inanimate beings (golems) by infusing them with stolen elan vital, reshaping inanimate components to function as biological analogues.  Golems do not produce their own elan vital and therefore require it to be provided to act as fuel.  [-1 Essence]  Blood magic can be used to manipulate the mind, using elan vital as fuel and medium, particularly simple minds such as those of constructs or animals (but not true robots).  With simple or weak minds, it can reshape them to enforce loyalty or obedience.  [-1 Essence]  Because blood magic works heavily with the mind, long term use can have adverse psychological effects beyond the corruption usually caused by power.

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »

"Oops, Okay guys, I got this."
Zorlack Uncreates the Samon and the Sukkippu, He then uses the Essence to Give The Voyager The Ability to Travel through space and time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:03:39 pm by LuckyKobold »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10