Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9334 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2015, 06:12:31 pm »

"Well, then, all preparations would appear to be dealt with, and it isn't as though we can't make adjustments later. Shall we board the Voyager, and set sail?"
Board Voyager.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »

Curious Cat Explore! Grey examines the various creations as they occur (retroactive), while avoiding any that smell of machinery or are large animals that might be dangerous. Cat Ownership Declare! Mark Territory - the tree, the stone tower,  the rock. Approach small dragon cautiously but curiously, whiskers atwitch.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2015, 11:26:55 am »

((I don't suppose there's any chance this might be revived?))

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2015, 05:36:09 pm »

(Possibly One Day...)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2015, 05:42:24 pm »

life took an awkward turn for me recently. my computer died. also, i am moving within the week. add this to my previous week long absence, and you get a sense for my likely posting habits. i'll come and go as i please, turning up when leas expected. much like a stray dream wizard  king at, i guess. if this is ever revived, i do hope to be a more conistent participant.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2015, 12:02:57 am »

Since I'm a lucid dreamer I reign this the f**k in. Then I attempt to use my dream powers to locate the Voyager.

Dave

You reign this shit the fuck in.  Broadly speaking.  [Lucid Dreamer check: 1d20+1 = 18]  Okay.  You're still standing on a giant tongue, but the colours around you seem a bit less maddening now.  You aren't a collection of dissociated concepts any more either, and you've got all your equipment on you.  Grand.

[Lucid Dreaming: 8+1] You try to just make the way to the Voyager appear, but it doesn't seem to be that simple.  You decide to journey along the tongue for a bit, and after a while it passes into a tunnel of blue and grapefruit.  Towards the end of this, you can see a crystal archway before a glass bridge across an endless black void to a grey mesa (for want of a better description) containing a tree, a massively ornate palace and a huge red tower - and the Voyager moored above it, waiting to depart.

Grey

You piss on various objects.  You try to piss on the dragon, who appears to be asleep.  It's not very effective.

Hastul

You are aboard the Voyager.  The crew is ready to depart at your command.  Where to, captain?

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Realm of Colours (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:30 am »

Find the warmest, brightest spot in the area to nap in. Even if it's on the dragon's head. Or a nearby laptop. Or the kitchen table.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2015, 02:25:47 am »

Grey

You curl up in the engine room aboard the Voyager.  That would be the repurposed diesel tank engine, not the warp drive.  Or the time machine.  It hums pleasantly, and after stealing a few cold cuts from the larders you feel right at home.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2015, 09:00:43 am »

Try to scan the local area. Try to pull some of the energy here into a ball.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2015, 09:45:20 am »

Can I see Dave or the bridge? If so, wait for him to cross to the Voyager and board. Upon his boarding, declare we're setting off north according to the compass, and do so. Spend, at most, three months sailing into the void. If nothing of interest is found and we continue to sail through endless void, then at the end of three months, turn around and head back to the Gray Plain. Oh, and as we stop being over the plain, look down at the cliff along it descending into void. See if I can spot an end to it, or anything else of interest.

"We will be at sail soon. One last chance to adjust things as you wish. We won't be back for a decent amount of time."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2015, 09:48:15 am »

((It's possible the protection spells that keep the monsters and stuff out wouldn't let me in. Also you can definitely see the bridge.))
Also try to cross the bridge.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:30 am »

Actually, on second thought, shorten our journey into the void to a month. Once that period's come and gone, sail for the essence deposits according to Zorlock's map.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2015, 05:39:49 pm »

Dave

You flick the settings on your goggles and try to make sense of the local area.  The readings are maddening; they end up a confused series of glitches.  The only consistent thing that the goggles pick up is that there is definitely a low level permeation of essence through the area.

You try and pull some of the energy into a ball [Dreamer: 19+1], drawing strands of colour and concept into a fist sized ball of light.  It's all quite mixed up, but with a little effort you find that you can strip away meaning from the ball until you end up with a tiny, brilliant ball of what seems to be self-contained heat, light and electricity.  You could probably form newly drawn aspects of the colour into other shapes or forms as well.

However, what you have here isn't Essence, it's just the equivalent of a ball of lightning.  Certainly could be useful, though.

You hustle on through the crystal archway and over the glass bridge, taking the ball of energy with you.  It remains constant, although now that you're out of the Realm of Colours you do have to exert constant effort to keep it from dispersing.  You hop aboard the ship as it prepares to take off.

Hastul

The glass bridge stretches east along the map, terminating in a splotch of colours at the edge of the circle of void.  The colours shimmer with blue, indicating bound essence, but you have other plans.  You head north upon the Voyager, planning to travel for a month to see what might come.

Three days pass before you see a tiny grey island ahead of you.  You check behind you and, equidistant, there is another tiny grey island behind.  On the other hand, the Voyager's warp drive is humming as if preparing to jump.  Do you go ahead with its proposed jump north, or carry on until you loop back to the grey lands?

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Realm of Colours (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2015, 08:06:42 pm »

"We should follow this path of your telemotor. But be sure you have the astral coordinates of this place at least and preferably the island. Also can we make a pit stop?"
Make a portal to my homeworld using my runes. Bring a random object from the ship. grab some protective headgear and write the runes [anchor-mind] to try and make some anti-insanity helmets.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2015, 08:12:32 pm »

"We should follow this path of your telemotor. But be sure you have the astral coordinates of this place at least and preferably the island. Also can we make a pit stop?"
Make a portal to my homeworld using my runes. Bring a random object from the ship. grab some protective headgear and write the runes [anchor-mind] to try and make some anti-insanity helmets.
"Naturally. And yes, we can."

Record astral coordinates/set waypoint/however I can ensure we can jump back to this location, and follow the jump. Take a look around wherever I arrive, and allow for a pit stop.

"I must say, we found something in the void remarkably faster than I anticipated. It's evidently much more interesting and varied than the name and first appearance would suggest."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10