Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9358 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »

Zorlock Recycles 12 of the Sukkippu for Essence and reduces the size of the Forest Accordingly.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 11:10:12 pm »

Zorlock

The tank doesn't have an intelligence to respond to, but there is a loophole - you just order the operator to shut it down and leave the tank.  He finds himself compelled to do so.  At your orders, two of the velociraptors flee into the forest.  Two circle the enthralled prisoner.

"Ah!!" he screams.  "What the fuck is going on?  Who are you, you crazy person?  Where the hell am I?  What happened to the Gulf?  Give me control of my body back!"  As soon as he is out of the tank, he starts breaking into a run, then sees you floating in front of him (as you temporarily suspend your own gravity) and falls to his knees in abject terror.  The human is of fair caste and brown hair, in some sort of spattered white and light brown clothing.

He doesn't seem to say more, so you flick your wrist and the tower seals back up with fresh stone, leaving the broken pieces where they are.  [-1 Essence]

You try to reclaim the forest and Sukkippu, but nothing happens.  It appears that you cannot simply 'uncreate' something.  Essence expenditure is permanent.

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »

Hastul steps in momentarily, and attempts to add a new law of physics stating that items can be unmade, returning essence equal to what they cost to make, and can only be unmade by the one who made them.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2014, 11:16:11 pm »

Hastul

You feel the word assent to your change.  Any aspect of creation can be unmade by its maker only, to return the Essence used to create it, if and only if the aspect is unmade in its entirety.

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2014, 11:21:35 pm »

Hastul unmakes his iron pillar, and attempts to create a rule stating that Essence will slowly regenerate itself over time.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2014, 07:25:54 am »

Hastul

The pillar crumbles into grey sand.  You feel the essence return to the world.  When you again attempt to set a rule allowing essence to regenerate, again nothing happens.  There appears to be a finite amount of essence, and you cannot just 'make' it grow more.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2014, 09:17:41 am »

"Listen here bub, I'll send you back to whatever universe or realm you call home but first I need you to show me how to pilot this Tank, Don't try anything funny because my Velocoraptors here would tear you a new one."
After he teaches Zorlock how to Pilot/Use the Tank Zorlock sets him free in the Forest on the Condition that he doesn't harm any of The Wizard Kings.
Zorlock tells the Velocoraptors to keep an eye on the Human and allow them to do whatever they want to in the Forest.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2014, 09:45:19 am »

Ivy waved to Ivy. She certainly looked similar. Made one momentarily wonder if she was in fact the real one...

"Well, you...I...know we...you...are created...well.

Uh, let's start with some questions. First, can you manipulate essence?"

Action: Test the mental strength of my creation (?) and see if she can manipulate essence as well...see if I can still manipulate essence as well.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2014, 10:07:18 am »

"My fellow Wizard Kings and Queens, If we wish to survive we should formulate a plan to obtain more Essence, I planned on using The Voyager to Explore in search of Essence but you guys tell me any ideas you've got."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2014, 10:25:21 am »

"My fellow Wizard Kings and Queens, If we wish to survive we should formulate a plan to obtain more Essence, I planned on using The Voyager to Explore in search of Essence but you guys tell me any ideas you've got."

One of the Ivy's speaks up.

"Exploration is probably the best choice...likewise, we could learn to use what we have more efficiently. I wonder if it it possible that the Dreamveldt gains power from dreams of mortal beings..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2014, 10:35:06 am »

"Interesting Theory, I plan on using the Voyager to transport any Essence I find and the weaponry should be able to fight off any antagonists that would attempt to kill me, Again I went overboard but I'm content. Shaiguju would you mind moving your palace out of my vale, It's disrupting the Symmetry,You Understand."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »

((I meant with my new portal system and one of the objects in my coat as well as some foliage or something for the way back.))
"I am Dave David Davidson the Sixteenth, Seventh in the Grand Council of High Engineers (egotistical name I know) at your service."My world is a world much like earth but having a steam/clockpunk magictek system going on as well as regular arcane, divine, and natural magic. I worked on the Grand Council of the High Engineers before coming to the DReamveldt. The enchantment system is a vocabulary of runic word that can be used to write sentences which become true or single words to infuse with pure essence of a concept. This vocabulary is very basic with the main nouns being various elements, sight, and the dreamveldt. Also enchant some basic chaos guns that break things into basic "stuff".

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2014, 04:50:47 pm »

Ivy folds her hands.

"My own world is called...well, Earth, I assume that's universal...and we have only just developed what you call "Magitek" in the last decade or so. We could only bind it from natural to mechanical forms at the time, but it was changing everything...and not always for the better."

Ivy remembered the days when the mysterious technology had only seemed to have good uses-faster transportation through Mekaspidas and Power-rails, life saving medicine made from the Biowomb, better growing crops through tekplows and skyseeders...then someone had used it to make weapons...Chainboms and E-webs, Bleedgas and Skyrippers, Terrorspidas and Wallenders, Soniboomers, and the screaming Wasprifles...

She shuddered.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »

"My world, Ugh.I really don't want to speak of that wretched place. Also does anybody have any plans to save ourselves from mutual destruction?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »

"Exploration is the best choice for advancement. I suppose it would also be nice if we could all come to some sort of agreement on the limits of our power here, as well. If it must be stated plainly, the only threats to ourselves at this moment are...each other." She says glumly.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10