Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9339 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 04:17:07 am »

Darssisth makes a small pile of "shiny objects" (a fused mass of gold, silver, gems, pearls and electrum, that appears from the sides (or above) to be a pile of distinct objects) and curls up on it.

((Why are 2/7th of our group evil? And one is a cat. And one is a scaly cat. Which are arguably the same thing.))
FTFY.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 09:42:38 am »

My my, wherever are all of you coming from? Ah, I know. Perhaps we should introduce ourselves, mmm?
As he says this, Shaiguju wills an ornate golden throne with red cushions fit for someone of his size into existence, before promptly sitting down on it.
((Who are the 'good' members of the party, then?))
Well you're more of a grey area now that I think about it (how'd you get imprisoned anyway?), Ivy is just a refugee, grey is a cat so that's arguable, and I just got vaguely pissed about my science not working well. Pretty much everyone else has murdered hundreds or dealt with demons and so on.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 10:06:08 am »

((No idea how that happened, honestly. That was presumably the GM's attempt to give me a plausible reason for escaping to the Dreamveldt.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 10:51:12 am »

"Hmm, Oh I got here by sacrificing 777 innocent virgins to Cthulhu."
Zoralck says this all casually, Like there was nothing wrong with his statement. "Before you criticize remember, Our party is composed of an Eldritch Warlock, A Spoiled Brat, A Psychopathic Dragon, A Mad Scientist,An Ordinary Cat, A Power-Mad Wannabe Angel, And Of Course Myself. We're all evil to one degree or another, I'm just more honest about it. Farewell"
Zorlock goes into his Tower.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 11:03:12 am »

The smile drops from Shaiguju's face, replaced with a deep frown.
What...? What are you talking about now...?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 11:30:28 am »

"... Well. How rude."

Darssisth creates a hovel-sized block of stone, suspended (briefly) about 1km above Zorlock's tower.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 01:55:33 pm »

"BwaHaHaHaHaHaHa, Oh you should have seen the looks on your faces, I was joking, Calm down, I didn't mean anything by it, But who am I to Judge, A hypocrite that's who, Now to work on some blueprints!"
Zorlock's voice  stops echoing from the Tower.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

Grant Darssisth's stone block an exclusion from gravity.

"Now, now, we shouldn't fight. At least not until somebody proves themselves more trouble than they're worth."

((Why the hell is the demon-summoning sociopath the voice of reason here?))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 02:25:23 pm »

The princess is terribly confused.

Who are all these weirdos in robes and masks? What's a multiverse? Why did anyone want to rule this bleak little pocket universe? There was no other people here...

And that man (?) called her a spoiled brat!

My my, wherever are all of you coming from? Ah, I know. Perhaps we should introduce ourselves, mmm?
As he says this, Shaiguju wills an ornate golden throne with red cushions fit for someone of his size into existence, before promptly sitting down on it.

The sole woman speaks up in a royal tone, visibly summoning up her courage.

"...My name is Princess Ivvalyn Carmine of the Jade Empire. I...don't really know why I'm here. I think it was an accident. The transgate malfunctioned...

Can someone explain to me exactly where this place is?"

She promptly sits back into empty air-willing the laws of reality to support herself, but not bothering to imagine a chair.

Action: New law of physics-Wizard Kings personally ignore laws of physics at will
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:31:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »

Some humour returns to Shaiguju's face as he listens to the princess.
Ooooh? Is that soooo, princess? Well, this is the Dreamveldt, the realm of dreams. It is the realm of everything and nothing, with very few real constants.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 02:43:42 pm »

The princess scrunches her nose in concentration, looking up at the ridiculously tall man(?).

"Dreams...the power of creation, though ultimately...transitory. I understand. We're trapped in the God's toybox at the bottom of the universe, with only each other for company...some of you actually came here willingly?" She says, in dour tones.

Unlike the others (whom she assumes are psychopaths and villains), Ivy is keenly aware she could make a thousand worlds and a million beings in each, and never know her sister Caitlyns laugh again. She could make a puppet in her sisters shape, imbue it with her memories, but, it would still only be a puppet.

The hollowness of this place leaves her cold. Ivy had never thought being a God would be so lonely.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:50:32 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »

At that, Shaiguju's smile becomes a little strained.
I... Did not have much of a choice in regards to coming here. Traitors, the lot of them...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 03:06:51 pm »

"Ah, but in this place power is absolute, within the restraints of the potential of this place. But that's a very loose restraint indeed, given you're creative enough. Though, regardless, you seem...Melancholy. Homesick, perhaps? I believe, through the art Dave just designed, that we may return to each of our homeworlds fairly easily. Though, if you wish to return, you'd need a pocketful of this sand. For example..."
Take a sliver from my staff. Place it on the ground, and inscribe the seven runes Dave created.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 03:25:20 pm »

At that, Shaiguju's smile becomes a little strained.
I... Did not have much of a choice in regards to coming here. Traitors, the lot of them...

The Princess grimaces at the word. "Traitors...indeed, my family knows a share of them as well, and our arrivals align in these ways. There's probably an army waiting for me back home. Not a friendly one...there was...is a war in my homeland, a terrible one, I don't want to imagine what they'll do to me if I'm captured alive. I more wonder what happened to my family-we were all supposed to come out together, in the same place-a safe place. And, I don't know where that was supposed to be, or if they even survived.

That being said, I understand your point. The power of this place may be seemingly limitless and it can make wonders...and horrors. The question is, what do we all want to do with it?"
She asks pointedly.

The Princess might once have been a ruler of her land, and though magic and technology are mystifying to her, she does have a strong intellect.

"I think we should be careful, personally. I can't imagine we are the only beings in this Dreamveldt-or even the most powerful ones. I don't know what you call it, but I can already feel this...essence...draining out of the air to support these things the others built. It goes to figure that there is a finite amount of energy in the Dreamveldt we can access, and there are other beings present in this realm who already hold a considerable sum of the more available energy, which explains our present limitations-alongside considerations of our lack of skill in manipulating and using this power conservatively. And thus, one can reason where there is power-there is conflict, and our own rule is not absolute." She finishes.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:40:54 pm by Dwarmin »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 03:59:28 pm »

Zorlock

You attempt to raise the Sukkippu to human levels of intelligence, but there is no need - they are already as intelligent as common humans!  Probably because they're half human abominations of magic anyway.  You twist your fingers and burn new pathways into their minds instead.  They gain image-based and empathic two-way telepathy.  [-1 Essence]

You walk over to the Sukkippu, who having eaten several branches' worth of foliage and fruits are already cutting down branches with their forelimbs and sawing them into crude tools with the serrated edges of their claws.  You don't have their telepathic link, but you begin verbally explaining to them several designs for structures and tools, drawing diagrams in the dirt to help them understand.  It's a damn good thing they understand your language - although their vocal apparatus prevents them from speaking it back.  Thanks to their image-based telepathy, this information is shared instantaneously between them.   [No cost, uncertain effect.]

With a broad spread of your hands, deep purple and red bushes and grasses burst from the ground along the riverbanks, spreading out until they fill the full extent of the forest.  Notably, where they touch the black soil beneath the Great Oak, green plants appear (of clearly different species).  [-1 Essence]  You blow a breath into the river and it takes the form of a shoal of salmon, who spread out and along the river, where simple water plants have taken up residence on the surface.  They start eating the aquatic vegetation, and the Sukkippu wander over to the river and start trying to catch fish with their claws.  [-1 Essence]

You raise your hand and the ground surges upward, carrying forest (and Great Oak and pillar) with it until the hill towers over the valley (the rivers slightly divert course so that they cross at the foot of the hill).  [-1 Essence]  With a gesture from your other hand, a nine storey tower of buttressed red stone pierces the ground, carrying you with it to its roof.  [-1 Essence]

You snap your fingers at the ground below and five clumps of dirt turn into feathered, hungry dinosaurs.  [-1 Essence]  Then, with another gesture seven rods of silvery metal spike from the ground, crackling with electricity.  As no supernatural laws have been laid down to govern their existence, these work technologically.  A small remote control pops into existence in your hand.  [-1 Essence]

The velociraptors, freshly made and hungry, disdain the plantlife and turn their attention to the six creatures of flesh before them.

Everyone except Zorlock is attacked by velociraptors!

Since nobody can get into Zorlock's tower (see: lightning shield) you are forced to flee into Zorlock's Wood to escape the ravening beasts.

Hastul

You manage to lose the velociraptors and make your way to the cluster of Sukkippu.  They are busy harvesting fruit and putting them in wicker baskets made from the new plantlife.  You gather a handful of fruits yourself and draw the necessary runes in a circle with a stick, then toss the fruits into the circle (being of the 'Veldt they do not trigger the spell).  You draw into a hiding place, and after a few minutes one of them notices it and comes over with a basket to collect them.  She steps into the circle... and nothing happens.  She is a creature of the 'Veldt, and the circle does not activate for her.

Zorlock

You call down from your tower (you project well, and your voice can be heard over the whole of the vale) with instructions that the Sukkippu should worship you and your fellow wizards.  You have no idea if they believe this.  Thinking on how to get more essence, you suppose the only way would be to find somewhere else that had it.

Dave

You haven't specified exactly how you are creating the portal, but the Dreamveldt obliges you anyway.  As you run desperately away from the ravening creature behind you, you fling your hands forward and a massive archway of polished basalt forms in front of you, the air within it shimmering and then turning into a view of your abandoned workshop.  You run through it, ducking to one side, and the velociraptor comes right after you - and smacks head first into a wall.  Stunned, it collapses, knocking various instruments off one of the tables.  You catch your breath and look behind you; the original machine you used to generate the portal has melted to slag, but a gleaming white marble archway has formed over its ruins.  In the aperture, you can see the purple forest beyond.  [-1 Essence]

[Describe your world.]

You grab food and bottles of water from your pantry (your mansion is still intact, but oddly deserted), a sword and a selection of pistols and wands to take with you.  You grab some materials from your world and start re-enchanting your goggles, only to find that the enchantments still work in this world.  You try to generate a link to the Dreamveldt, but your sense of creation doesn't work on this side.

Hopping back through the archway, your instruments go dead again, and the wands all go inert (although the pistols should work).  You start drawing runes in the dirt, setting down the rules for replicating a system of enchanting items with magic.  [-1 Essence]

Describe, in detail, how this system works.

(Once you have described the system, if the system allows it, you will be able to re-enchant your goggles as a free action.)

Shaiguju

You summon a truly magnificent throne of solid gold with detailed silver inlays, flush velvet cushions, depicting scenes on the side of your ascent to power, your ten thousand year iron-fisted rule, and your eventual binding and imprisonment by the treachery of your followers and apprentices in magic.  One of the velociraptors tries to attack you, but you grab it and toss it into the electric shield - it buzzes in agony, then stumbles away into the forest.  Hrm.  Your strength is only comparable to that of a rather strong human now.  You forgot how much your body had been enhanced by both natural and your own magic.  [-1 Essence]

[These GM fiats exist to put you on a similar physical starting position to the other characters, otherwise you could just crush them all with your bare hands.]

Darssith

One of the velociraptors turns to you and snaps its jaws at you, so you breathe a gout of flame at it.  The creature panicks and runs off in search of less distressing quarry.  You give a whistle and some of the soil beneath you fountains up and turns into a very respectable hillock of gold coins, silver jewellery, gold and silver trinkets, a mass of gemstones and a small crown of pearls, fused for the most part but loose at the top to provide a more comfortable cushion.  It is marvellously comfortable.  [-1 Essence]

You flick your tongue and a huge block of stone appears a kilometre above Zorlock's tower.  It falls.  [-1 Essence]

Hastul

You gesture at the block, and it suspends in the air about 600m above the tower.  [-1 Essence]

Ivy

You scrunch up your eyes slightly, and you feel an adjustment to your mind.  There are several hundred... 'flags', almost, that you can set up and down.  Judging from the brief squinting, the rest of the wizard kings are feeling this as well.  How peculiar.  You flick one experimentally and nothing happens, until you kick the ground and start floating away from you - you flip the mental switch again and land on the ground with a huff.  [-1 Essence]

Hastul

You break a tiny sliver of your staff's wood off (barely more than a splinter) and place it on the ground, inscribing the runes with the tip.  The runes burst into blue light when completed, enveloping and then consuming the splinter of wood, which expands into a roughly spherical 'hole' in the world, tinged with blue around the edges.  You can see what looks like your throne room beyond - and hey, those are peasants stealing your tapestries!  The cheek!  They don't seem to be aware of the portal.  [No cost.]

Please describe your world in detail.

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:03:48 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10