Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9359 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2014, 03:59:44 pm »

I am observing and if you have a waitlist waitlisting

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 04:02:35 pm »

(Not for Wizard Kings, at least unless someone drops out.  But I might let in mortals at a later date.  Please do keep watching, though!

Also, only 29 Essence left.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »

"Fair point, But with enough Angry Lobsters supporting me, My Rule, I mean Our Rule will soon Be Absolute. Although It is quite strange that Humans have managed to colonize so much of the Multiverse, Also I wonder when the GM will update,"*Starts Gibbering Nonsense and then His Voice fades back into the tower*

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2014, 04:09:45 pm »

"Whoops Forgot to make The Velocoraptors peaceful, I shall remedy that immediately!"
Zorlock makes the Velocoraptors peaceful towards the Wizard Kings, And Queens.
"Perhaps we should put a sun or some light source in the sky."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »

Ivy frowned as the dangerous lizard beings. Switch-knife claws, sharp incisors and hind claws, bi-pedal with highly mobile forelimbs...

"Perhaps we should put a sun or some light source in the sky."

"I'll handle that."

Ivy concentrated, using her passion to recreate the night sky of her own world...or, at least a poor facsimile of one, she thought sadly. She had studied the stars and orbits in her youth, and knew they had to make a certain amount of mathematical sense...

Action: Create a small sun, and three grey moons that in that rotate periodically over our position, exchanging light and darkness in roughly 24 hour segments, using precise geometrics to create alternating shade and sun.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:15:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 04:23:54 pm »

Zorlock

You wave your hand, and alter the creatures' intents, hard-coding an aversion to harming the seven of you.  [-1 Essence]  One by one, four of the five raptors return to the hill (you have no idea where the fifth is).  They approach the tower, and one of them cries out in a screeching sort of voice that seems to miss key consonants:

"Ot aah ooee?  Oo aa ooee?"

They look up at you with what might be pleading postures.

Ivy

You squint, and your will is done.  Above you, the endless grey sky darkens to black, and four orbs appear, far, far above your position.  Astronomically far, in fact, as the motion of them seems bound by what you understand of the motion of planetary bodies - the smaller orbs rotate around the larger sun.  Some part of the instinct of creation makes it clear to you that this will work as intended - every forty-eight hours, one of the moons will pass before the sun, blotting out its light for twenty four hours, then passing away for a day's worth of light.  For now, it is daytime, and the black sky is turned blue by the shining of the sun.  [-1 Essence]

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:27:51 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »

((GM, you may wanna update the OP.))
Hmm... Well, this is inconvenient.
With that, Shaiguju uses one of the clumps of essence to strengthen his body, in equal parts of strength, durability, stamina and speed.
But, at the same time... It makes things more interesting.
Shaiguju also observes the hole this Hastul created with interest.
Ooooh? So we can do that? How fascinating...
He then proceeds to will a 1:1 scale replica of his castle into existence beside him.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »

Ivy felt the rush of power she knew would. An open sky invited more celestial bodies-stars, comets, and moons...all for nothing, since there was almost no one to enjoy it...she wasn't sure if it was right to merely will life into being, into a world that was so clearly uncompleted.

On the other hand...well. She supposed there was no harm in self-experimentation.

Ivy tried to think of creating herself once over, as honest an image as she could muster.

Action: Create a physical copy of myself, to test my ability to fashion, free willed living beings.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »

Spoiler: Talor (click to show/hide)

Hastul glares at the portal. He takes a pocket full of the gray sand, and steps through the portal regally, staff in hand. As he feels his power returning once more, he summons his array of protection spells, abjurations, wards, and charms, so used to doing so that it becomes almost second nature. Two roiling demons of chaos arise from nothingness next to him, lunging before they're even entirely formed. With a thought, Hastul sends a shard of ice through one of the peasants. Another takes a bolt of force directly to his head, causing a messy explosion of sorts. The chaos beasts have slain two more. All this occurs in less than a minute, and once the dust settles, one remains.

"Fools. I will spare you to tell your story. Instruct them to leave anything plundered from this tower at the doorstep, along with any valuables. Or else, I will come for you."

Drop the sand and inscribe the runes.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

"What I can't understand you, Hold on a moment,"
Zorlock Modifies the Velocoraptors Vocal cords so that they can speak coherently and gives them night vision, Zorlock also gives the Sukkippu Night Vision, Zorlack tells both who gave them this ability.
"Now what were you saying?"
Action: New law of physics-The Creations of a Wizard King will revere and obey the Wizard King that created them.
Zorlock creates an M1 Abrams Tank in front of his Tower, It is painted Red and labeled the Voyager. The M1 Abrams Tank is powered by the will of the driver and has a Laser Machine-gun Welded to the Top, The Voyager also has the ability to project a small force field protecting the driver and contains portal to a small pocket dimension allowing it to store large amounts of Essence.
"Perfect, Now who wants to accompany me on an excursion into the Dreamveldt for more Essence, I'm driving!"
Zorlock gives Sukkippu the ability to speak English.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:29:56 pm by LuckyKobold »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:19 pm »

Shaiguju

You don't really set specific limits, so the act essentially returns you to the limits you had before - equivalent to a demigod in terms of strength, durability, stamina and speed.  You could pretty much crush any one of these fools now in a hand to hand fight.  [-1 Essence]

You focus on one swathe of the forest beside you and it is utterly crushed by the sudden appearance of your Olympian palace.  Nearly half the valley is taken over by it, diverting the course of one river almost entirely.  The whole thing is constructed of marble, glass and other precious materials; it looks utterly breathtaking.  It is also the necessary size to support a plane-ruling bureaucracy and support staff, and so utterly dominates everything around it.  It is completely empty.  [-1 Essence]

Ivy

You try and copy yourself, and all that happens is that you teleport.  Huh.  Weird.  Nothing's changed, except that you're on the other side of the clearing from - oh, wow.  Your clone apparently must have appeared in the same place and forced you over here.  She looks perfect, a perfect replica of you in every way.  She also appears as astounded as you are, which is very impressive for a creation of dreamstuff.  [-1 Essence]

"Hello?" she asks.

"Hello!" you say.

Hastul

You appear in Talor, your full powers restored, and put the fear of yourself into the scummy peasants trying to loot your manor.  The survivor grovels at your feet, then flees to pass the message on to the rest of the village.  Apparently they thought you were dead - in fact, the chaos demons seem rather surprised at your return.  They confess with a pair of grins that the spell's never actually worked before - they were just taking your sacrifices and screwing you over.  But hey, you made it out alright, so no hard feelings.  They're content to keep serving you, you're a fun kind of guy.

You inscribe the runes on the wooden floor next to your throne and sprinkle the 'Veldt sand in the middle.  The runes glow red, enveloping the grey sand.  The sand is consumed, and a spherical hole in the world appears, tinged red.  Through it, you can see most of your fellow 'kings', including what appear to be a pair of princesses.

Zorlock

[Breaking the fourth wall carries punishments, sunshine.  If your character's never been to Earth, they sure as hell don't know what an M1 Abrams tank specifically is, even if they have tanks in their own world.]

You twitch your finger, and the velociraptors and Sukkipu are both altered - it looks like the velociraptors already have pretty good night vision as is, so you only fix the Sukkipu's eyes and give both the necessary vocal adjustments to speak.  [-3 Essence]  The velociraptor repeats:

"Who are we?  What are we?  You created us, so what is our purpose?  Please, help us understand!"

Musing on this, you enact another rule.  Yes, all creations will be compelled to obey the King that created them.  You make it so.  [-1 Essence]

Ivy

"Hey," says the clone.  "Come over here."  You suddenly find your feet lurching forwards toward her of their own accord!  What in the hells is going on here?!

Zorlock

An idea pops into your head.  You remember having a dream once about a great steel machine, a horseless carriage covered in armour with a great spout that could shoot fire.  The name "M1 Abrams" comes to mind.  You will it into being [-1 Essence], adding a laser gatling gun to the top (essentially a rotating barrel with multiple chargers) [-1 Essence], a driver-protecting force field [-1 Essence] and a tiny hidden dimension (with portal) that can hide Essence.  [-1 Essence]

"What in the sweet name of Jesus is going on?!" screams a muffled voice from within the tank.  "Aaah!  Dinosaurs!"

The tank blasts a shot at one of the velociraptors, annihilating it and leaving a massive hole in the red stone tower, which starts to shake.  Worse, you can feel vitality draining from the area around you - the tank is stealing essence!  [5 Essence stolen by tank.]

All

At the edges of the valley, you can see that the plain of grey sand is receding - about thirty miles out in every direction, the plain ceases abruptly in a cliff.  Beyond the cliff is nothing, not even stars.

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:42:21 pm by Iituem »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2014, 07:03:06 pm »

Upon seeing the cliff, Hastul feels a twinge of fear; the first time in many years.

"...I suggest we stop using the essence here, as much as we can. Or at least find a way to restore it. I suspect that's what's causing the evident disintegration here."

He seems rather unfazed at the sight of two Ivys.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2014, 07:04:03 pm »

(OOC:I just meant to use the M1 Abrams as a design Template, I didn't mean a Literal M1 Abrams.)
Zorlock shuts down the Tank,then Zorlock then talks to the Lifeforms.
"Damnation,You uncouth savage, You just destroyed my Tower, What do you have to say for yourself?"
Zorlock repairs the Tower's Damages.He also floats 3 feet in the air above the Human.
"My Creations I command thee to go forth and just do whatever you want. You can eat the Sukkippu but don't go overboard,OK. I also want you to follow any of my orders and patrol the area around my tower."
"Shaiguju Please move your palace out of the middle of the valley, It's disrupting the Symmetry."
"Also Velocoraptors,Help me detain this Fool that has seized control of my Metal Carriage, Don't kill him though."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:03:54 pm by LuckyKobold »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 07:13:38 pm »

At seeing Zorlock using the essence yet again, Hastul promptly turns and reenters Talor.
"Well! I think I'm going to start spending more time over here. When your only platform is reduced to nothingness, I'd prefer  to not be plunged into the infinite abyss."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »

"If my plan succeeds we shall have surplus Essence, Now aid me!"
(OOC: But seriously guys I went way overboard sorry 'Bout that, But If the Tank is Reclaimed we should be able to use it to get more Essence. Also Darnit no more forest symmetry. :(, Also Fun Game, Good job  Iituem,as always.*Mumbles Something about being an idiot for not seeing the M1 Abrams Tank Backfiring.)
Zorlock Also recycles 12 of the Sukkippu for Essence and lowers the Forest Size Accordingly.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:56:30 pm by LuckyKobold »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10