Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Simple (ISG)  (Read 8291 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (ISG)
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2014, 10:38:12 pm »

Wait We should use our new-found psychic powers to build up an armada of flying monkeys!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2014, 11:19:43 pm »

No, the boring responsible thing must be done.
Respond that experiments should be done with more qualified personel, deliver him to a lab and file the paper work of the incident for the chain of comand.
Oh wow, sorry, but I need to +1 this, need to +1 this so much.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 09:26:42 am »

"Heck, I've always wanted psychic powers."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 07:30:21 pm »

You step forward, raising a hand and declaring, "I VOLUNTEER!" Unit 265 also volunteers, although a little less enthusiastically, while 147 elects to remain non-psychic, for some unfathomable reason.

You enter the alien craft, which turns out to be a standard boarding craft, containing little more than a cockpit and teleporter. You step into the teleporter and are transported to the mothership.

When you arrive, you walk down a couple corridors before arriving at a laboratory. There, you are presented with a small device that looks like an eye. The technician that clips it to your suit says, "This device is designed to allow your brain to interface with the psychic field that we manipulate. Hopefully, you are one of the few species that can utilize it."

You step into the testing chamber, with several of the alien scientists watching through thick glass. You see unit 265 entering a similar chamber. On the floor lies a small metallic lump. The head scientist tells you, through an intercom system, to try moving it.

Your first try is unsuccessful, as you fiercely concentrate but fail to budge it. The scientists make some adjustments to the eye and you try again, again unsuccessfully. The third time, however, something definitely happens. As soon as the adjustments are complete, you feel a small mental zap!, like a static shock. A moment later, with a loud KRAKOOM! there is a massive discharge of psychic energy from the eye, lifting your feet a couple inches off the ground.

When you try to lift the rock, it flies into the air. You officially possess psychic powers!

You turn triumphantly to the watching scientists, but instead of congratulating you, they look terrified. They direct you to leave the chamber, and as you do, alarms sound throughout the ship. The alien you originally met tells you, "You seem to have broken some sort of dam there, and the flood shone like a beacon throughout the whole local area. Remember how I told you that there were some who believed these powers to be 'witchcraft'? They are no doubt on their way here now to investigate the disturbance. Congratulations on being psychic, though!"

Right on time, a craft painted with a claw mark appears out hyperspace, weapons aimed at the ship you are currently aboard. A harsh voice hails your ship, growling, "We will wash away your filth with your blasphemous blood, heretics. Prepare to be boarded."

Your friend tells you and the other two humans that you should escape back to your own ship before the Hunters, as they call their enemies, find out about your new-found status. "We will not ask you to endanger terran neutrality by taking sides in this fight. We will go to battle alone against the Hunters as we have for time immemorial."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »

Return to ship, see if our ship can assist somehow.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2014, 09:17:15 pm »

1:Return to ship, prepare official report using mechanical means and do not file report or store it electronically until the threat of potential electronic surveillance has passed.
2:Acquire popcorn.
3:Observe the extension of interstellar diplomacy by forceful activities from a position of neutrality.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2014, 09:50:56 pm »

1:Return to ship, prepare official report using mechanical means and do not file report or store it electronically until the threat of potential electronic surveillance has passed.
2:Acquire popcorn.
3:Observe the extension of interstellar diplomacy by forceful activities from a position of neutrality.
+1

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2014, 09:59:00 pm »

I be we could speed up molecules to make our own popcorn!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »

Whilst awesome, there is likely a microwave in close proximity to the popcorn reserves and the spontaneous generation of popcorn matter is likely a touch too ambitious for our current familiarity with psychic phenomena. Also the giant death-ship with a psychic detector is next-door...

Is anyone else getting the vibe that our assistance or lack there of is the deciding factor in this battle? It is difficult to reconcile it with out backwards technology and lack of familiarity with the participants, but I am getting a huge "if you don't help us, we will all die" vibe from our surprise brain buddies.
Read the First Post!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2014, 10:33:33 pm »

Well, we are a soldier, not a commander, If you like, We could

Help them if they start losing

But it would just be us by ourself unless troops are approved.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2014, 10:49:36 pm »

Can we just.. You know.. Reach out.. And grab the enemy ship?

It's so small looking from this distance..

Almost like a childs playtoy..

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2014, 10:58:54 pm »

Can we just.. You know.. Reach out.. And grab the enemy ship?

It's so small looking from this distance..

Almost like a childs playtoy..

Worth a try.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8