Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Simple (ISG)  (Read 8274 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (ISG)
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2014, 11:06:30 pm »

Can we just.. You know.. Reach out.. And grab the enemy ship?

It's so small looking from this distance..

Almost like a childs playtoy..

Worth a try.
I was going to +1 that other sane suggestion (the one with popcorn), but this sounds like fun. +1

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 02:41:57 am »

Can we just.. You know.. Reach out.. And grab the enemy ship?

It's so small looking from this distance..

Almost like a childs playtoy..

Worth a try.
I want to +1 this, so i will. But, before we do  that, please keep in mind it risks all of humanity. And we are not prepared to be invaded by an entity that we dont know exsits, when we just found out other life did.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2014, 09:41:17 am »

"Are you guys capable of.. You know... Merging your powers for greater effect and slap that tiny ship like a disoriented fly or something?"
"Wait? Maybe I can do that! hhhHRGH! haaaAAAAAAAH!! HI-YAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!*Pant* *Pant* *Pant* Did it work!? Did i do something?!!"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »

Learn how to vibrate the air around you in order to produce a continuous theme-tune.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2014, 12:12:54 am »

You return to your ship, the alien who first boarded teleporting back with you to retrieve his craft. "I thank [you] for [your] willingness to work [with us] to contribute to science; if we meet [again], our race will regard the terrans as allies. Farewell."

You stream the long-range sensor data from the systems monitoring the relatively nearby combat to a viewscreen and watch as the battle unfolds. Streaks of plasma fire and bolts of psychic energy light up the space between the two ships, while the hull hides the bloodbath no doubt occurring within the slug-aliens' ship. The two sides seem fairly evenly matched, both taking heavy damage as you stand by, watching. You reach out a hand towards the fighting, as if maybe you could just... grab one of them... sadly, your fledgling psychic powers are not nearly strong enough to move something so large or far away, and the battle continues, disregarding your attempt to stop it.

Finally, after both sides seem barely functional, a desperate burst of power from the slug-aliens' craft pushes the Hunters' craft out of engagement range, and they limp away on sublight engines before lurching into hyperspace. You turn away from the viewport and begin writing a report.

About a week later, you are sitting in the barracks, working on vibrating the air to produce a theme-tune for yourself. Unit 265 contributes a constant wub-wub-wub as a simple base, while you have managed to created a sort of zeezoo--zoo--zoo--zoozee for the melody.

Before you can continue your musical composition, you are called into action by Command. All on duty units, suit up and get to the docking ports quickly. An unidentified alien craft is transmitting a distress call and moving to dock, but doesn't seem to be capable of answering hails. We need some soldiers down there to meet whoever comes out.

You pull up the video feed on the viewport, and see a craft that looks like a cluster of little spheres all stuck together. The propulsion system seems to produce exhaust in the form of a few thin strands of shimmery filament.

Over on the equipment wall, you see the standard stuff:

Hex-mesh vests: a light, non-cumbersome vest made of flexible mesh. 1d2 defense
Light plate armor: standard issue rigid armor, provides more protection than the vest but gets in the way a bit. 1d4 defense; -1 movement
Sidearms: a small handgun. 1d4 damage
Laser rifles: a military grade weapon, more powerful than the sidearm, but sometimes gets in the way. 1d6 damage; locking/unlocking doors, etc. requires a minor action instead of a free action.
Spoiler: Armor/combat notes (click to show/hide)
What equipment should you and your squadmates (Units 265 and 147) take?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:19:16 am by ShadowHammer »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2014, 01:32:30 am »

Let's both take light plate and laser rifles. See if we can get our hands on CBQ weapons instead if possible as a compromise between a rifle or a pistol.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2014, 02:25:57 am »

Tex-mex, sidearm, and rifle. Is this going to be a stand-up diplomacy or another bug-talk?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2014, 02:30:00 am »

I feel like this will be spiders.

Space Spiders.

Take everything.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2014, 05:29:54 am »

I feel like this will be spiders.

Space Spiders.

Take everything.

+1

Also request additional armament in the form of industrial-grade Military-grade Plasma/Flamethrowers.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2014, 10:09:47 am »

Put the Mesh on first, then the light plate over that. Take the laser rifle as our primary weapon and tuck the pistol in our belt.

Assuming those aren't the only copies of each item...

Unit 147 will take the Mesh and pistol, to act as a flanker. Unit 265 will take Light Plate and laser rifle, with Mesh underneath that if possible.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2014, 10:13:54 am »

Tex-mex, sidearm, and rifle. Is this going to be a stand-up diplomacy or another bug-talk?
+1. I love chili.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

You do realise that, although this is a horde of armed and angry arachnids. They will have enormous eyes and squeaky voices and most of them really will only want a hug... They are probably refugees or something, fleeing from genocide, and it is just sort of unfortunate that humans looks, move, smell, and taste like the most delicious foodstuff ever...
Read the First Post!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2014, 09:05:07 pm »

You do realise that, although this is a horde of armed and angry arachnids. They will have enormous eyes and squeaky voices and most of them really will only want a hug... They are probably refugees or something, fleeing from genocide, and it is just sort of unfortunate that humans looks, move, smell, and taste like the most delicious foodstuff ever...
Can I vote for this option?
No?
You sure. . . . ?
Fine. . . .
Put the Mesh on first, then the light plate over that. Take the laser rifle as our primary weapon and tuck the pistol in our belt.

Assuming those aren't the only copies of each item...

Unit 147 will take the Mesh and pistol, to act as a flanker. Unit 265 will take Light Plate and laser rifle, with Mesh underneath that if possible.
This, but, if we only get to choose one of each item, we make ourselves flexible, and our comrade a heavy.
Hex-mesh vests and a Pistol for us, and the other two for our comrade
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »

((I hope this is an acceptable compromise of the various equipment suggestions. Also, how did you guess, Kevak? :P))

You have a strange feeling that this newcomer is going to be a horde of spiders. "Calling other active units, please bring AoE weaponry with you, and maybe some Close Quarters, too. Why aren't there any knives in the standard armaments, anyway?"

The other squad replies, "Acknowledged, backup will bring plasma arc cannons and a belt of tesla knives from the armoury. ETA in 7."

You and 265 take one of everything; the mesh doesn't fit under the plate, but if you stretch it a lot, you can just barely fit it over top. 1d2 + 1d4 - 1 (poorly fitting) defense. You attach the psychic eyes on top of the vests and clip sidearms to your magnetic belts. Unit 147 takes lighter armour, leaving behind the plate but taking hex-mesh, a sidearm, and a rifle. After reaching the main airlock, you and 265 stand by, waiting for confirmation that 147 is in position at the other door.

As soon as he calls in, you open the lock and move out, weapons held ready. Command calls to warn you, The video feeds are showing that the alien craft is actually just an egg sac. Small creatures, spider-like but with only four legs each, are bursting out of it.

The translator is a bit sketchy on what they are actually saying, but it seems to be something to the effect of, "Feed! Drink! Devour! Feed!" We recommend you not attempt diplomacy, but it's up to your judgement.

You and 265 pause for a second at the first intersection you reach to check a live map of the area. Looking across the corridor, you can see unit 147 doing the same.

The creatures have begun trying to breach the airlock, and are likely to break through by next spin. Your backup is still 5 spins away.

What are your orders?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

(Probably from the webs in that one picture)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8