Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)  (Read 21939 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »

Are there any rules on forming groups? Are we going to be part of one big group?
I would prefer you as a group. I got 6 sheets though, so I may have it like that. You can be a group of 6, individuals or any combination at any point, but to begin, it will be all 6... And from what I see, I HIGHLY recommend you guys stick together for the beginning... A couple of you guys will not do well if you're swarmed by pokemon... And sometimes you will
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »

I am ready when y'all are.....
Let the breeding begin
hahahaha
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »

Let the breeding begin
hahahaha

Cool I am a hatcher too!.. and a Underdog.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »

Let the breeding begin
hahahaha

Cool I am a hatcher too!.. and a Underdog.
But you're missing some stuff first. You're down two edges and your munchlax needs 3 more stat points. If you don't pick them, I'll pick them for you based on how I'm seeing your backstory, how you're done, etc.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 06:25:06 pm »

I'm good to go whenever you guys are.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »

I used three edges.

Pokémon Education To Novice, Command to Novice, and Breeder. (Novice being denoted by a *, and background skill adjustment denoted by a b)

and I keep doing the math on my Munchlax and it still amounts to me using all 15 of the starting points.

3 to hp, 4 to attack, 4 to defense, 4 to special defense (3+4+4+4 = 15)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:45:38 pm by Neonivek »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 06:30:02 pm »

I'm tempted to have a rival team made by other people and not based on the whole "my guy is better then yours! haha!" It would change things up for sure. Another idea is run a second game in the same world but at key points, the two teams battle it out on the same thread. It would be awesome, but it would be chaotic as hell and I wouldn't be able to run both at once

Dohohohohoho! If you need somebody for that kind of idea, I'd be open for cooking a character up.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 06:57:36 pm »

I'm tempted to have a rival team made by other people and not based on the whole "my guy is better then yours! haha!" It would change things up for sure. Another idea is run a second game in the same world but at key points, the two teams battle it out on the same thread. It would be awesome, but it would be chaotic as hell and I wouldn't be able to run both at once

Dohohohohoho! If you need somebody for that kind of idea, I'd be open for cooking a character up.

I think the issue with that is that he can't *run* it, not that we don't have enough candidates. xD

Have you looked over my starter sheet yet?

Also, the Munchlax's stats seem to add up to me as well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:00:17 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »

I think the issue with that is that he can't *run* it, not that we don't have enough candidates. xD

Have you looked over my starter sheet yet?

Also, the Munchlax's stats seem to add up to me as well.
I cut off the 3 to HP and thought attack and down was hp onwards. Whoops. Also, please mark them on your edge section next time please, I got confused as hell. So far waiting for that guy I've reserved a spot for, but if he doesn't arrive, we'll keep a party of 5. I'm adding one more guy so we don't have to cut anyone off.

So far we got a fighter, a diplomat, a medic, a researcher, and a breeder... I think I have an idea what the rivals will look like now 8)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 08:17:53 pm »

That actually looks super balanced... Huh.

So, I'm guessing I'm good to go?
Just let me know if you need any more details.
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:14 pm »

Just waiting on one more guy and then we're golden. Until then, I'm making rivals ;D

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:11 am »

I hope the rivals have actual personalities and aren't just jerks. *cough* Blue *cough*.

I was wondering though. When we actually start this thing, are we just going to keep going on in the same thread, or start a new one in the role play section?
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:10 am »

I hope the rivals have actual personalities and aren't just jerks. *cough* Blue *cough*.

I was wondering though. When we actually start this thing, are we just going to keep going on in the same thread, or start a new one in the role play section?
From the chaos I saw in my D&D thread, I'll do two seperate ones. This one for OOC, questions and other stuff and the other for actions and in game stuff.

And though they rival your character in some way, SOME of of the rivals are assholes for the right reasons. You really can't have a character have some classes and edges without them NOT being a dick. Lasher, Hunter and a few others to name a few examples. Most of the enemy party is balenced with some good and bad characters. Hell, Tomato's rival is almost a joke character since (minor spoilers) he uses a fighting type and actually LOOKS like his pokemon (which I say is a good rival for Munchlax/Snorlax). Other rivals are more of the opposite of you but is almost like a close friend. If I really wanted to, I could've made it someone's sister, but I didnt. I am going to say though that you will love and hate these rivals... Although the one with the most personality is my guy that I made before and altered a bit, and that guy I'm still waiting to show up with a sheet, is going to be locked with him since I won't have much time to make a last rival.

Also, what are the goals of each trainer? As in who's going for the league challenge, those after contest ribbons, and those trying to catch em all?

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2014, 12:46:51 am »

I haven't really given much thought to my trainer's goals. I think to start with, my primary goal will to be to catch as many different poison types and other Pokemon known for status inflicting moves to study and further my medical knowledge, probably branching off a few other goals from there considering that I've got a rough plan for my character's stat and class progression.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2014, 12:54:04 am »

My goals are in the PM you sent me.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17