Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110317 times)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Two Dawns
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2015, 04:26:39 pm »

Deus and Tolyk:
Well, the flavour I got in my result was pretty damning for Caz, though if we get the same flavour for every guilty result I guess that's not very helpful (I found a certain book in her possession).
Oh, I think I know what the book is. Is it "Harry Potter"?  :D Just kidding. I think I know. "Mein Kampf"?

What I'm getting at is, if we are both legitimately cops, one or both of us could be insane and/or paranoid.
Do either of you have something about a promotion or stress in your flavour. Might be a reason for insanity/paranoia results. Hope it helps.

I wouldn't believe that kind of Miller result, since Italy is an axis power. Also, it said nothing about you being of Italian descent.
Italy surrendered as the Allies landed in Sicily (!943) they took Rome 2 days before D-Day. Then Mussolini headed a puppet government in the North called the Salo Republic. Italians fought on both sides. But yes Italian is more likely to be bad than American or British.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2015, 04:31:13 pm »

Deathsword:
Vivalas for all the reasons provided D1 and the fact they absolutely vanished after people started targeting them.
It would probably be handy if you provided a link or post number to your reasoning. I remember that you did state it but I'm not fond of rooting around for it.
Very well. Spoilered because size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've read the guides, read through some games, and I'm the type that likes to read wikis completely before actually playing the game. I learn pretty quickly, but if ya wanna yell at me for beaking the "circle of mafia" then, I would understand. Other than that, I understand the game, although I didn't expect it to be this ruthless... Gah. Its a game of psychology pretty much, so I should be good at it :P
You claim that, despite being new to mafia, you've completely read wikis and such about it, thus making you quite informed about the game and how it works.

I'm gonna admit that I would hide if I were lookout so, sorry. No

I can't vote either for that matter since I am still trying to figure out who to trust.

Scum aren't gonna want people to see their first action of the game of course.
First you say you won't vote since you are trying to figure out who to trust... how exactly? By doing nothing?

Do you mean the one at the beginning of the game? I think it was rather eck for Scripten to attack Perseus for attacking Mastacheese.
What is even "eck". And why is it... "eck" for Scripten to do that?

But, despite whatever the fuck "eck" is (although I am assuming it is negative, somehow), you then do this:
Comrade Shamrock

Comrade Shamrock: If you were lookout would you hide?
Why do you do an RVS post clearly past RVS phase? Especially when you have a perfectly good lead with Scripten attacking Persus?

You even admit that it's RVS!
My vote for Shamrock is purely RVS.

By asking him what he would do as lookout, I am attempting to discern his allignment by analysing his response, even though the lookout mechanic is rather vague, I feel my question is an appropriate question, which should be easy to answer.

TolyK: Your heated counterattack seems borderline OMGUS.
Why?

Your motives are questionable.
Why?

Such a heated defense would seem scummy, for a simple D1 read.
Why?
[/quote]
Vivalas: You conveniently didn't answer most of my questions. For your convenience, here they are:

I'm gonna admit that I would hide if I were lookout so, sorry. No

I can't vote either for that matter since I am still trying to figure out who to trust.

Scum aren't gonna want people to see their first action of the game of course.
First you say you won't vote since you are trying to figure out who to trust... how exactly? By doing nothing?
Do you mean the one at the beginning of the game? I think it was rather eck for Scripten to attack Perseus for attacking Mastacheese.
What is even "eck". And why is it... "eck" for Scripten to do that?
Comrade Shamrock

Comrade Shamrock: If you were lookout would you hide?
Why do you do an RVS post clearly past RVS phase? Especially when you have a perfectly good lead with Scripten attacking Persus?

And then there is... this:
@everyone If you really must know, eck in that case implied I was slightly put off by the Scripten-Perseus exchange. Not really enough to warrant a vote or further investigation, since they later cleared it up.

TolyK:
Why are you so offended about the possibility of being considered town?
Followed by a vote. Scum can buddy up to others, as Persus mentioned. If I call you town, then am I completely and utterly cleared in your eyes? Because if not, you are going against your own logic.
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

1. I meant figuring out who to trust, by going back and closely looking at relationships, etc., doing more work.

2.I answered waht "eck' means

3.Because I missed the TolyK post earlier on. I felt like doing RVS being my first post of the game, why are you so inclined against pitting me against Scripten and Perseus?

4.No, but how am I contradicting my own logic? That seems like an EXTREMELY overused statement used in arguments. People seem to throw it out like candy when they have nothing better to say. What I meant when I asked that question, was the somewhat exaggerated response to being considered town by another player. TolyK has already stated he wanted to get his point across,  though I am still a bit skeptic of him, not because of his intentions or the reasoning behind being offended, but because of the heat of his response I admit perhaps I made it not seem so obvious of that.

However, given your even more heated attack on me, I now am more wary of you, as your attack on me raises questions.

Deathsword: Why is your response even more aggressive to my attack on TolyK, then TolyK was himself? Perhaps my attack on him raised scrutiny, but now that Caz has been alleged  scum, I seem to wonder if Caz's scrutiny of TolyK's aggressive response was not in the best interest of the town, and am losing scrutiny of TolyK.

Why did you conveniently not answer my questions? Did you not answer my questions, to get me to answer yours? Do you think that not holding up expectations you hold to others is the correct way to solve problems? I think perhaps the more mature response would of been to answer my questions, then ask why I didn't answer yours, unless of course you might think answering my questions would not be in your best interest.

Do you think that TolyK is scum? (Yes/No answer please)

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2015, 04:39:18 pm »

Well, the flavour I got in my result was pretty damning for Caz, though if we get the same flavour for every guilty result I guess that's not very helpful (I found a certain book in her possession).

TolyK, there's a pair of f's and n's, as well as three a's. Though I gave the full role name to Shamrock on page 20.
Page what? We're only on 5 as far as I'm concerned. :p
But yeah, Internal Affairs.

Was it a journal bychance?
Shamrock got it right. I also found fascist propaganda posters and papers that identify her as a German citizen, which is why I would be surprised if I turned out to be paranoid. Insane is still a possibility, I guess.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2015, 04:42:22 pm »

Whoah holypostbreakage batman!
Here's a fixed version.

Deathsword:
Vivalas for all the reasons provided D1 and the fact they absolutely vanished after people started targeting them.
It would probably be handy if you provided a link or post number to your reasoning. I remember that you did state it but I'm not fond of rooting around for it.
Very well. Spoilered because size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1. I meant figuring out who to trust, by going back and closely looking at relationships, etc., doing more work.

2.I answered waht "eck' means

3.Because I missed the TolyK post earlier on. I felt like doing RVS being my first post of the game, why are you so inclined against pitting me against Scripten and Perseus?

4.No, but how am I contradicting my own logic? That seems like an EXTREMELY overused statement used in arguments. People seem to throw it out like candy when they have nothing better to say. What I meant when I asked that question, was the somewhat exaggerated response to being considered town by another player. TolyK has already stated he wanted to get his point across,  though I am still a bit skeptic of him, not because of his intentions or the reasoning behind being offended, but because of the heat of his response I admit perhaps I made it not seem so obvious of that.

However, given your even more heated attack on me, I now am more wary of you, as your attack on me raises questions.

Deathsword: Why is your response even more aggressive to my attack on TolyK, then TolyK was himself? Perhaps my attack on him raised scrutiny, but now that Caz has been alleged  scum, I seem to wonder if Caz's scrutiny of TolyK's aggressive response was not in the best interest of the town, and am losing scrutiny of TolyK.

Why did you conveniently not answer my questions? Did you not answer my questions, to get me to answer yours? Do you think that not holding up expectations you hold to others is the correct way to solve problems? I think perhaps the more mature response would of been to answer my questions, then ask why I didn't answer yours, unless of course you might think answering my questions would not be in your best interest.

Do you think that TolyK is scum? (Yes/No answer please)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »

TolyK, there's a pair of f's and n's, as well as three a's. Though I gave the full role name to Shamrock on page 20.

Shamrock got it right. I also found fascist propaganda posters and papers that identify her as a German citizen, which is why I would be surprised if I turned out to be paranoid. Insane is still a possibility, I guess.
Wow that is a horrible spy. Who carries so much incriminating evidence with them? Imagine spy films when crap like that happens.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »

Wow that is a horrible spy. Who carries so much incriminating evidence with them? Imagine spy films when crap like that happens.
Dun dun duuun O_O
It was a set-up! (Though given the historical note of all this, I'm unsure if Mein Kampf was reproduced and handed out to the masses at all)[/silly]

...But seriously--I'll be posting soon, minus the sillyness here in a while. Sory for my absence guys. Also I'm still doubtful on the Caz being Mafia...discarding the note of inspections and such--as I usually judge by attitude and the like here.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2015, 05:27:12 pm »

Dun dun duuun O_O
It was a set-up! (Though given the historical note of all this, I'm unsure if Mein Kampf was reproduced and handed out to the masses at all)[/silly]

...But seriously--I'll be posting soon, minus the sillyness here in a while. Sory for my absence guys. Also I'm still doubtful on the Caz being Mafia...discarding the note of inspections and such--as I usually judge by attitude and the like here.
According to Wikipedia 10 million copies were distributed in Germany and each newly wed couple and soldier on the front received a free copy. So it was given to the masses.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2015, 05:54:30 pm »

I'm missing the context here, and using the OP as judgement...
Err, what're you getting at with the note of the paranoid/insane thingy?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »

I'm missing the context here, and using the OP as judgement...
Err, what're you getting at with the note of the paranoid/insane thingy?
We have 2 cops and both have found a maf N1 which is quite odd. Tolyk suggested as below.

What I'm getting at is, if we are both legitimately cops, one or both of us could be insane and/or paranoid.
I'm just trying to think of things that could indicate we have a faulty cop.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2015, 06:09:56 pm »

This is the faulty cop repair hotline. For assistance in English, press one.

The more I think on it, the less I enjoy this "hunting by cops" thing. Particurarly since we seem to spontaneously have multiples of them.

Flabort said that he should show up as third party. TolyK said he's mafia. Those two alone don't add up.

Flabort: If you had a power that caused you to appear as something other than you were, why would you neglect to inform us?

TolyK: What made you feel safe enough to out yourself as a cop? Did you consider that this should make you a target?

Deus Asmoth: Same questions as TolyK.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2015, 06:21:16 pm »

I'm just trying to think of things that could indicate we have a faulty cop.
TolyK: What makes you think so?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »

Mastahcheese Because I didn't think it would be relevant, since it's not exactly miller; miller investigates as mafia. I never thought I would be investigated as mafia, and thought I could safely tell people why I showed up as third party when I was investigated. I also missed the call for miller claims. Unrelated, would you object to being reelected?

TolyK Deus claimed flavorwise finding a whole bunch of stuff. Did you find anything?

Deus Who do you feel is trustworthy enough to green-vote right now? If you weren't voting for either investigation suspect, who would you red-vote?

Comrade Shamrock Reads?
The Cyan Menace

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2015, 06:53:43 pm »

flabort: mastahcheese seems to have done a good job last night, and with two cops apparently in the game I'd guess it's a safe move for the lookout to not hide. The red vote I'm not sure of. I was suspicious of Caz at the end of day 1, which is why I investigated her. My vote was on Vivalas at the end of the day, but I'm leaning more neutral for him now.

mastahcheese: I was near certain that outing myself was going to get me killed when I did it, so safety wasn't an issue. My thoughts on the matter was that I had a guilty result and if we had a lookout that did their job we'd have a 50/50 chance of seeing whoever killed me. That's two scum down for one cop, which is a good result as far as I'm concerned.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2015, 07:28:52 pm »

*realization*
No, that's crazy and impossible, and just speculation besides.
Eh, might as well say it.
Mastahcheese, You and TolyK are on a team together, eh? You did see one thing, but you only said the target was me because I was asking. When TolyK decides to claim the action, I said something about learning something. So he decides to fakeclaim as cop, and say that I'm mafia. However, I hadn't revealed that neither my actual alignment nor my apparent one are mafia, and he gets caught in it when I reveal that. On a scale of 1-10, how plausible is this scenario?

Deus Asmoth What do you think of this story? Do you think it might be true, or should I rethink this?

Caz Are you unable to post today?
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »

I think it's enough of a possibility that we should not vote anyone involved in this for lookout.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57