Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110375 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Two Dawns
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2015, 08:49:14 pm »

flabort, that's something I've been slightly worried about, but I couldn't see enough supporting it to bring it up. The only points in favour are subject to speculation (what you claim your role is for example, and TolyK hasn't actually revealed anything I hadn't already told someone about the cop role, which was a bad move on my part probably, I just wasn't expecting multiple cops). Mastahcheese doesn't actually have to be allied with TolyK, though. If the lookout only sees actions, there wouldn't be any difference between a mafia cop and a town cop, they're both investigative actions.

On the other hand, unvote
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's a good idea to leave the lookout to chance today.
Unvote

You're right, though, mastahcheese doesn't have to be involved in TolyK's fake claim.
He could just be using the fact that cheese revealed that he targeted me last night to his advantage. Cheese can't see what TolyK did, just that he targeted me, so it might not have been an investigation; it could have been something else entirely if TolyK is fakeclaiming cop.
TolyK
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2015, 12:18:29 am »

This is the faulty cop repair hotline. For assistance in English, press one.

The more I think on it, the less I enjoy this "hunting by cops" thing. Particurarly since we seem to spontaneously have multiples of them.

Flabort said that he should show up as third party. TolyK said he's mafia. Those two alone don't add up.

Flabort: If you had a power that caused you to appear as something other than you were, why would you neglect to inform us?

TolyK: What made you feel safe enough to out yourself as a cop? Did you consider that this should make you a target?

Deus Asmoth: Same questions as TolyK.
I wasn't going to claim D2 initially, however with Deus claiming he got a Mafia result as well I found that fishy. Since I also had a Mafia result, it would seem to me that two investigators would be too much (esp. given there was no NK) without a counterbalance. Since Caz or Flabort be very well not actually Mafia, I think it would be wiser to reveal and figure it out publicly.

TolyK Deus claimed flavorwise finding a whole bunch of stuff. Did you find anything?

Deus Who do you feel is trustworthy enough to green-vote right now? If you weren't voting for either investigation suspect, who would you red-vote?
I found nothing amiss, however I found slips of coded messages and encryption keys in your journal. THAT seems more likely to be an actual spy, by the way - not blatantly obvious.

What I'm getting at is, if we are both legitimately cops, one or both of us could be insane and/or paranoid.
I'm just trying to think of things that could indicate we have a faulty cop.
TolyK: What makes you think so?
1. We have two claimed cops, and given the format I believe Deus's claim.
2. We both found "Mafia" N1.
3. There was no NK.
Possibly out-guessing the mod, but that seems quite strange. Very unlikely, and having two cops in the game is already out of the ordinary, don't you think?

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's a good idea to leave the lookout to chance today.
Unvote

You're right, though, mastahcheese doesn't have to be involved in TolyK's fake claim.
He could just be using the fact that cheese revealed that he targeted me last night to his advantage. Cheese can't see what TolyK did, just that he targeted me, so it might not have been an investigation; it could have been something else entirely if TolyK is fakeclaiming cop.
TolyK
Unfortunately, that's quite a possible story.
I actually didn't know Deus had spilled all the cop info out (hence trying to be all stealthy while revealing enough).
Problems with this theory:
- I'd already said that it was me before he revealed it.
... yeah, that's it. Ouch.

Hmm.
I like how you've tried to turn the tables, though. Pretty clever, given I've claimed you're mafia and I'm a cop - saying that I'm lying is really the only way to save your skin, and you know that very well.

First off, THEORY:
Scum have an ability to fake evidence, such as blatant German propaganda, in order to counteract the two cops.

Thus, Caz looks to me as if Deus has found planted evidence (what kind of spy would keep a Mein Kampf  lying around? where the hell would they get it?), while coded messages seem more likely to be actual evidence.

By flavor, I've been rooting out spies for a while now, given my whole time at the service. 1st Infantry Division here. Deus, what about you?

THEORY: There are no actual Mafia, or the mafia don't have an NK. (This is unlikely).

THEORY: Mafia have poisoned this night. (Much more likely).

THEORY: Flabort is scum trying to save his rear end. :p (Already stated).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2015, 08:09:35 am »

I've been deemed trustworthy after battling in Algeria and Sicily with the 1st and have permission to search other soldiers in this time of crisis.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2015, 11:20:34 am »

Well, we could have a cult as well, but I've got a cop result that Caz is mafia, so there's definitely a scum team.

I'm a miller. Chinese private that wanted to be deployed against the Japanese or something.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

Well, we could have a cult as well, but I've got a cop result that Caz is mafia, so there's definitely a scum team.
I'm a miller. Chinese private that wanted to be deployed against the Japanese or something.
I also found fascist propaganda posters and papers that identify her as a German citizen, which is why I would be surprised if I turned out to be paranoid. Insane is still a possibility, I guess.
HMM. Doesn't add up. Also, if you wanted to fight the Japanese, Caz, what the hell are you doing on the European front?
That's probably the worst fakeclaim I've seen. I still have my eye on Flabort, though.

However, if Caz is telling the truth (which I highly doubt...) then there's still the evidence-being-forged.

Or 4mask has been playing too much with the flavoring. :P

My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2015, 11:32:02 am »

Flabort: While I personally wouldn't outright object to being lookout again, I think electing the same lookout is giving too much trust to someone, as a general rule.
As for scenario of a me and TolyK team, I don't even know where I would put that on a 1 to 10 scale.
Sure, it's a possibilty, but I can't exactly prove or disprove it.
Although the attack on my credibility kinda looks like you trying to go after TolyK without it being a blatent OMGUS, since I was elected into watch, I don't even have powers of my own to wield.

More later, I'm busy
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2015, 11:38:46 am »

HMM. Doesn't add up. Also, if you wanted to fight the Japanese, Caz, what the hell are you doing on the European front?

"u soldier! go to america war fight!"

"no dude i wanted to go to china"

"haha. shut up and get on boat."

That's probably the worst fakeclaim I've seen.

this statement is false.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:45 am »

the book thing is weird btw. afaik i don't have any items. the 'give propaganda' framing could be a thing.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2015, 11:43:31 am »

re: tolyk - why do you go all out in the idea that the cops may be faulty and then vote me for being found 'guilty' by a cop? are you just trying to get someone killed quickly?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 04, 2015, 11:55:50 am »

So we have two people claiming to be millers who have both been found on the first night by the cops, one of whom should have shown up as third party and the other being a suspiciously German looking Chinese person. Would anyone else like to claim miller while we're here?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 04, 2015, 12:46:24 pm »

"u soldier! go to america war fight!"

"no dude i wanted to go to china"

"haha. shut up and get on boat."
Don't buy it.

That's probably the worst fakeclaim I've seen.

this statement is false.
True, I've seen worse. :p

re: tolyk - why do you go all out in the idea that the cops may be faulty and then vote me for being found 'guilty' by a cop? are you just trying to get someone killed quickly?
I found vast inconsistencies in both your claim (which alone would be reason enough to vote you, albeit not over Flabort) and, given you're the last to claim (and we're heading into day end?) and you're been copped by someone I'm inclined to trust (even though we can't be sure of his inspect)... Basically, all things point your way, no matter how shaky they are.

So we have two people claiming to be millers who have both been found on the first night by the cops, one of whom should have shown up as third party and the other being a suspiciously German looking Chinese person. Would anyone else like to claim miller while we're here?
Inb4 all scum team claims Miller. :p
But seriously, now would be a GOOD time to claim that, given claiming AFTER you've been inspected at this point is just dumb.

Hmmm...
THEORY: Two scum teams, maybe even more (see: Inglorious Bastards), albeit not everyone. That could explain having two cops (this would give the mafia knowledge of the other one).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

4mask, when day end?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:28 pm »

TolyK: Day ends on Wednesday at 6:00 pm or so.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2015, 01:11:40 pm »

It'd be nice if we could hear from Silthuri et al before that time as well.

TDS, you want to have lookout duty tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57