Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Skies of Alzeran [7] - *THOOMP*  (Read 17384 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [0/??]
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 10:52:50 pm »

Reserved, sheet pending.

Actually, question about the population rules: Could I be the sky castle (i.e. -1 pop) and still have people inside me, a la Jabu-Jabu or Monstro? If so, what would I put there? Can I even start at -1 pop?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:57:57 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 11:01:35 pm »

This sounds too awesome to refuse, though I may have to bow out : (

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 11:05:13 pm »

You can have people inside you at -1 still, they just aren't quite as relevant, since even if they're all dead you are the castle itself, so its still under control anyway. -1 (#) I suppose would be what you'd have.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 11:44:55 pm »

Oh god it's finally finished. That is a long bloody sheet.
Spoiler: Fluxxstone (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:03:44 pm by flameboy99 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 11:53:50 pm »

Did I do it right?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:36:17 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 12:27:10 am »

Okay, here's my application; tell me what won't work for you.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:13:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 12:49:14 am »

((Bleh, it's like the bizzaro version of mine. *Shudders in abject fear*))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 12:54:30 am »

((Bleh, it's like the bizzaro version of mine. *Shudders in abject fear*))
((I hadn't actually looked at yours, yet. Though, it is pretty similar. I was going for a more Elder God/Warhammer Warpstone feel, though, and it seems like yours is more of an idyllic fantasy kingdom thing? Still, though, I just know that we're going to both roll an instantdeath event or something on turn 1.))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 01:06:16 am »

((Oh we totally have to team up/kill one anouther, Chaotic evil and Chaotic stupid go so well together.  But mine is intended to be more of a "Pray to the RNG, or it will transform your children into wolves made of heavily irradiated macaroni" type castle.))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 01:49:44 am »

Question:

This is a very flexible stat that depends on what you want it to do, and is separate from the main 5 above as far as points go

Am I correct in assuming that this means that we don't need to spend points for this stat, ie, opposed as to how everyone else did it?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:55:55 am by 10ebbor10 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:00 am »

Question:

This is a very flexible stat that depends on what you want it to do, and is separate from the main 5 above as far as points go

Am I correct in assuming that this means that we don't need to spend points for this stat, ie, opposed as to how everyone else did it?
You would be correct there. Power gains/loses points depending on how it works, like how RAM's is described.
Looking over all the thing things now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 10:35:38 am »

Oh, right, power. That's a thing.

Added to my sheet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 11:25:12 am »

Okay, so in about the right order:
Kevak: Pending
Criptfeind: Pending
Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum: Later
Arcvasti: Probably later
OREOSOME: Possibly later

GiglameshDespair (Krarkkus, Sky Kraken): Pretty cool Sky Kraken. Stats are alright, though what effects the Blood/how do you get more of it, and what can you use it for as an example? Defenses can be added later if you've got some in mind.

ansontan2000 (Baron Andrews of the Laputae's Laputa): That name sounds like a reference to something, but the name is eluding me. :) Stats are alright, power's undetermined so I've got nothing to say there, and 40 points of weapons is well under the active cap. Defenses are too big though, they have to fit into 40 points; with 60 and only three stats all of them could be maxed without a problem without any modifications or augmentations to them, which I was trying to avoid.

flabort (High Councilor Flabor of Castle Arrip): This one is pretty neato, with all the magic and rope bridges. :) You've only got 27 points spent though, so like I just answered, you don't need to put those three into Power. As far as I can tell, you make the metal with magic and get about 200lbs. per turn, and spend 140lbs. of that on castle maintenance, so the leftover amount would go into Metal Production [Power] if you wanted to keep track of it like that. So you'd have 60 lbs. in it right now, correct? Also, one of your defenses is over 40 points.

Shadestyle (Illustrious King Portsummon's Castle Zipworld): Interesting idea. You only have 19 points spent though, something is missing. Warp stat and Warp crystals are alright, but how do you get the crystals? Weapons and defenses are ok.

RAM (Dr. Coggington): Mad science! :D Stats work out, Power works, weapons work, defenses work! Wondering why you didn't start in a cloud, but thats your decision to make.

flameboy99 (The Omnipotent Overmind of The Fluxxstone): Sounds like quite the chaos beast there, although its stats don't seem to add up to 30. 3+7+5+(10+5)+10=40. The weapons and the defenses should work though, and the power works. Would a d6 work for the random gain/loss, or do you want to use something else for it?

micelus (Queen Kekerezzar of The Hand of God): A pop-throwing hive appears! You've only got 25 points spent, like I answered for flabort points in Power are not part of the 30. What determines the x in 'plus x pop per turn'? The Shard Priest Conclaves low massiveness is acceptable as long as they use much more population than the other weapons. The Bioengineers are a bit overspecialized for a defense (Even if you have it over, the reduction stops at what you get at 20 since I don't have it scaled out any further), but if they don't prevent damage outside of getting hit by it in combat, they wouldn't have any in the first place, wouldn't they? Also, since they're named hangars, I'm guessing the troops thrown out of some of the weapons have an amount of flight potential, or do they just depend on momentum to reach the target before falling and splattering on the ground?

Eric Blank (Captain Tholin Are seer of Heaven's Acropolis): Not the fanciest or uniquest, but very practical sounding. You're missing three points like a couple others, Power is not part of the pointbuy stats as previously mentioned. What is the capacitor starting at, and what recharges it? The weapons and defenses sound fine.

10ebbor10 (The Devastator Airship): You have like, all of the fire. And things that cause fire. Stats work, Weapons and defenses work, and for lack of a better idea what to start it at lets put the Retribution capacitor at 1. Does it leak Retribution if its damaged, or just lose some charge?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [9/??]
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 11:33:23 am »

Laputa is the name of the space stations in UFO: Aftershock.

Blood would be generated by the Deep Organs, and can be used to clot hull breaches or overcharge weaponry and defences.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Skies of Alzeran [9/??]
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 11:41:48 am »

10ebbor10 (The Devastator Airship): You have like, all of the fire. And things that cause fire. Stats work, Weapons and defenses work, and for lack of a better idea what to start it at lets put the Retribution capacitor at 1. Does it leak Retribution if its damaged, or just lose some charge?
It was intended as becoming increasingly unreliable as the system becomes more damaged.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22