- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286436 times)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1200 on: January 14, 2015, 06:49:12 pm »

PTW! This is an awesome thread! Also, I was wondering, since magitech is clearly possible: could we reverse engineer the pump to make something that converts, say, heat or mechanical energy into magic? Whatever mechanism the pump uses, it's likely possible to make an enchantment on a conduit that conducts magic like a wire, using a small amount of ambient magic or the magic flowing through it as a power source for sustaining the enchantment. Also, could we make a magic battery somehow?
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 14, 2015, 07:16:18 pm »

You create a mill using a fat zombie, a tombstone and a steel bar. -1 Elbow grease -2 Mana

You Craft six bowls using Silver spheres. -1 Mana -1 elbow grease.

You engrave crackpot sigils in the bowls. -1 Elbow grease.

You fill one with the bone plates, and another one with your sustained flame inhale.

You fuse Molten steel and Bone shards together, Much to your surprise it instead creates a bar of faintly shimmering Metal. -3 Mana

The metal resists your attempt to animate it. -1 mana.

You put it in the new grindmill, But aside from a Horrific screeching noise, The metal is unaffected by the steel grinding against it.

You take it out to spare your sensitive ears the pain.

You combine some eyes and brains and inject it with a mix of Miracle Serum and Oasis Water.

The mass shrinks violently and turns from pink to a pale Aqua, and you animate it. -2 mana

"If I took an educated guess, I would say from the link I have, that this undead was made fresher by the water, and the grey matter was shrunken by the Serum.  The eyes without support won't be all that useful. and what thinking ability the brain might have will soon degrade even further, especially with that serum having affected it."

You send your false image into the water to test it for dangers, but for whatever reason the Image immediately dissipates upon contact with the liquid, exploding into thousands of dancing lights.

The slight ripple of water causes a beautiful effect, the lily pads on the pond open up, spewing a red, white, and gold fume all over the area, covering you and Dublin in it.

The mystifying smoke floods into the water, and almost immediately it clears of muck, revealing turtles chasing fish, clear water, and shimmering scales, Shells and bones of prey who have been fed upon inside.

The beautiful sparkling foam and shimmering dust eventually fades away, leaving yours and Dublin's robes looking absolutely ridiculous.

You are immensely grateful that your fur is untouched by it with clever application of your cloaked arm in front of your face.

You know full well that only blood obtained from a living source is any good for undead, or mystical applications. After the blood is extracted, their state of being does not matter however.

You are completely physically exhausted, though that beautiful display of nature has certainly inspired you. +1 Pontification Point

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Strategies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 14, 2015, 07:31:32 pm »

NS: Interesting effect, I believe those Lilly pads would be great for use in traps.
Course, there becomes the problem of getting them.
Okay, send in one criminal zombie to take a Lilly pad, if it is eaten by the turtles or cannot get to the Lilly pads, try instead to set the Lilly pads off again then trap some of that dust, be very careful so no one will inhale it.
SS: So either our axe, or that tornado block, or perhaps nothing has even appeared so far and we were just douchbags who decided to try to wreck shit, I dunno.
Actually, if nothing can damage it by normal means, perhaps we can send that star down the waterfall.
Well, before we do anything, are those rocks they're standing on or Lilly pads?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 14, 2015, 08:13:03 pm »

> Put a skeletons worth of bones in the fat mill. Also queue up two silver bars and a steel bar for grinding once that has turned into a fine dust.

> Identify the shimmering bar

> Put a bunch of wood into another crackpot bowl

> Sleep!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 15, 2015, 12:04:24 am »

((Oh wow))

You put a skeletons worth bones into the fat mill. It will alert you when the job is done.

You put some wood into another crackpot bowl.

You begin to feel the lightest pangs of hunger for the first time in a week. Benefits of your half and half mortality you suppose. You really should eat more regularly though.

You begin preparing a camp, where you will resume travel in the morning. Any specifications?

PTW! This is an awesome thread! Also, I was wondering, since magitech is clearly possible: could we reverse engineer the pump to make something that converts, say, heat or mechanical energy into magic? Whatever mechanism the pump uses, it's likely possible to make an enchantment on a conduit that conducts magic like a wire, using a small amount of ambient magic or the magic flowing through it as a power source for sustaining the enchantment. Also, could we make a magic battery somehow?

"Well, That is just it. turning physical power into magic is a heavy ordeal, since magic is an energy that normally comes directly from souls and life. There is some Strange artifacts that do not follow our realms laws, but good luck finding one.  The Pump works using a voidstone I can almost guarantee, It transforms magic going through it into void magic, which attracts magic, ergo, it creates a powerful vacuum when triggered. Any kind of metal pipe can conduct magic, But the further it goes, the more it becomes attuned to that material. so if i focused raw mana through a gold pipe, if it was particularly long, light magic would come out the other end, due to it bouncing off the sides so much. it is a bit like fiber optics, but with magic.

Once again, Since you are fresh to the scene, Magic in my world works on a simple, yet ever-increasingly complex system.

Mana comes from a soul, or life. Unless disconnected, it is usually under the control of the one who made it.

If mana touches a gas, It becomes attuned to it, and transforms into a wave, like sound, This is how spells are "Cast" by most wizards, By speaking phrases ans syllables that manipulate the magic in the air to perform certain tasks.

If mana touches a Gemstone or metal, It becomes a ray, Similar to light. Gold makes mana into light magic rays, Sapphires make blue magic, and so on.

If Mana touches something like Flesh and bone, it becomes a liquid, physical matter, which is how living things move obviously. I Specialize in death magic, Mana attuned to Corpses.

If mana is attuned to one thing, and then touches another object, It is attuned in a new way, Kind of like how you can paint with green, and you can paint with blue, But if you mix them together you get a whole new color.

These combinations are basically infinite, obscure, and unreasonably complex, Like, If I make some death mana, then i blast the death magic at a ruby, It could turn into ruby magic, tinted a bit with death magic, it could be some new kind of death magic itself, or it could become something completely unrelated, like Pie magic that only works on a full moon... Needless to say, I and the other Posters here haven't seen fit to make me experiment with that too much yet.

Enchanting is basically giving mana I put in something a more permanent goal using words and my will, Easy peasy, as long as I know how... that is."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:25:17 am by Shadestyle »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 15, 2015, 12:18:50 am »

Wow, 18 to 20 roll again?
Anywho, just eat some tasty fruit (as much as wanted) and... Add 1PP to Make Bar, as that Skeel alloy seems quite useful, flexible probably means a sword made from it wouldn't work too well.
Investigate those fuming lillypads with an identification scroll.
Rich soil... Hmmm.
Take one bone and a seed, then use the fusion sigil to merge them together, Lets see what that gives us.
Pet the turtles and give one to the kid as a 'familiar', take the other one and call it Shelder.
take a look at the shimmering scales, use an identification scroll on it.

Alan help.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 15, 2015, 01:00:08 am »

You eat some Tasty Fruit, The sweet flavor invigorates you some.

Going to sleep, You are plagued by Horrible night terrors, The abject fear you feel is comparable to that of someone under the effects of a horrifyingly strong hallucinogen It feels like days of Screaming, robots, warped clouds, demons, undead and Clerics alike, Hellfire seems to rain up from the earth as everything falls into an endless abyss...

You awaken Screaming as loud as you can, feeling even more tired then when you went to sleep, But as you begrudgingly admit. The mad Dreamscape has left you with quite a bit to think about. +8 Pontification points. +10 Mana, +4 Elbow grease.

It seems Dublin had a similar effect. as there is a good deal of lighting striking as he shouts out curses involuntarily for a bit.

You fuse a bone and a seed, And get something familiar you just cannot place. Oh right, The dream. -2 Mana

You learn the make bar command. -1 Pontification Point.

You Name one turtle Shelder, and give the other one to Harkim as a familiar. That could be something to put on the list, Making familiars was never your shtick, since necromancy is kind of that, but better, although Familiars do have their use in amplifying a mages power, You never have sought out companionship though after your 10th birthday.

He seems to like the turtle somewhat, though it seems the turtle thoroughly despises him.

Wizard Zombie, and Brain slime are on their final day, Without flesh to consume, or a sustaining spell, They will soon become inert.

Fatmill has completed it's job, and you retrieve the bone dust from it.

"Hey, dublin, want to talk about it?"

"Fire, Death. Giants, and Dead Orcs everywhere. It was bad dream.

He is physically disturbed.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:18:21 am by Shadestyle »

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 15, 2015, 01:06:14 am »

Once again, Since you are fresh to the scene, Magic in my world works on a simple, yet ever-increasingly complex system.
"Fresh to the scene"? I just read the whole thread, don't worry :P It sounds like making magic into mechanical power would actually be somewhat simplified by that voidstone pump, because then you'd just need to convert pneumatic pressure to mechanical power, i.e. through a piston. Illustration of such a device:

(If any part of this is confusing, just ask and I'll explain)

However, from what I know of this setting, it does seem harder to do the reverse. I take it that it's not possible to "run the pump in reverse"? The only really good way I can think of for generating magic from mechanical power is if heat or energy gradients can be used by spells to power them, because fire so far does seem to be in some way related to magic, so if it is, a spell (or enchantment, technically) could be set up that uses that as a power source, and all it does is create ambient magic (or conduct it to a battery).

Lastly, for the matter of wires corrupting magic, wouldn't it be possible to make the wire out of many materials, so that it would remain dilute and mostly untainted?

(Oh, and as a side note, it says that "sodium" is one of the ingredients for several spells. Do you really mean pure sodium? Because that stuff explodes on contact with water. It's super dangerous.)
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 15, 2015, 01:17:02 am »

"Well pardon my Ignorance, oh stalker of my current state of being, Kidding of course. But i will say That I already have a magical machine that makes mechanical power, that one is pretty easy no matter your disciple. A bunch of reanimated muscles running my Fort's locomotion right this moment. I assumed that you meant a Mechanical power to magical System like you said.

The multiple materials pipe could Work nicely, Or Explode in the most violent way imaginable. Because the only untainted magic is directly from the tap so to speak. if mana went through iron a bit, then gold a bit, the copper a bit. It would just look like dillute untainted magic, but in reality, it would be a powder-keg of rainbow colored magic with almost no way of predicting what magical attunements it could go through. And then you take that rainbow of seemingly normal magic that has just a tiny bit of taint from every color in the spectrum, times 100, and try to do some stable magic? Well. Stay a safe distance is all I can say.

Yes, pure sodium is dangerous. This is why they invented the stasis spell, although I don't know it yet. Unfortunately."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 15, 2015, 01:49:16 am »

I'm pretty sure a pipe being made out of a lot of materials would just make magic infused with every single one of those materials.
Also, the fact that combining a metal bar with a bone causes mana to turn into a ray that had aspects of the bone is very interesting, especially because of the many uses that Skeel could have.
Anyway, I say we should continue on our way, while this is a very good discovery, all the discoveries will probably require some more space for the castle, which we can't get so easily right now.
Although I...
1 PP on craft wire, please, 2 on advanced raise dead, because all we do is raise dead it seems like something we might want, I still think homunculi might be a nice thing to learn, but that can be for later, 1 on Detect Bones (Hopefully it isn't active all the time), 1 on craft rod, 2 on detect object: Sigil, 1 on Craft Valve then the final one on Craft Pipe.

Then continue!

What is a tetrominode, exactly?

Speaking of, here's an idea for a blueprint:
Now, we all want to complete that Metaquest Sly Cooper heist thing, right? so, my thought is to make a pressurized Grappling hook that works by having a tank connected by a valve to the suction device, designed to suck in air and store it in the tank, that tank leads through another valve opened by a trigger allowing a bolt tied to a small rod just to the side by a Skeel wire.
Would that work?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:55:08 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 15, 2015, 03:58:33 am »

1 PP on craft wire, please, 2 on advanced raise dead, because all we do is raise dead it seems like something we might want, I still think homunculi might be a nice thing to learn, but that can be for later, 1 on Detect Bones (Hopefully it isn't active all the time), 1 on craft rod, 2 on detect object: Sigil, 1 on Craft Valve then the final one on Craft Pipe.
Seconded, although Death Infusion, Apply leaf, and Craft Chainmail Sheet might have further recombinaroty uses.

> Try putting the crackpotted bone plates in and using them. Craft Valve if we've learnt it, Basic Shape cylinder otherwise.

> Did we actually exhaust the dwarven commands? Try to figure out how to make it combine pipes, valves, and tanks (wich might be hollow basic shapes)

> If we manage to... Make a silver aparatus that has 2 input bowls, a small hollow sphere tank/reactor, and Engraved Runes of Crackpot Sigil and Fusion Sigil to melt and combine materials directly with disregard of form, and finaly a valve to control the whole thign. Extra bonus if it can be directly attached to the autosmith. (This'll probably take our remaining mana and then some)
> BONUS to above: Add runes of Sustain Spell so that you can add spells directly to materials as well without the mess of first sustaining them and then melting that and then fusing.

> If needed, sacrfice a Fat Zombie to feed the rest.

> Plant bone seed on top of wagon and give it what it needs, in the pile of Rich Soil.

> Identify enchanted metal tube

> Extract a heart and use miracle serum drop. Keep a fair bit of blood vessels and try dipping one into the water to see how well it works as a fluid pump. Actually, test if you can get it to pup air decently as well.

> 390 is quite a lot. Estimate what material it is and how much we'd have in ingots if used as a material instead.

> Hmm... if it dosnt cost any of our own elbow grease, have skeletons muck around and dig to see if we can get more stuff like that rich soil, or even some ores.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 15, 2015, 04:27:40 am »

((Oh, right, Skeleton Story.))
SS:*Tik* (Okay Mushroom dude, here's the deal, I distract those idiots and you grab the Heat Star then run, or at least get it down that waterfall and then run, if you make it down with the heat star, return it to those blacksmiths and then go home, if you'll do that, i'll let you go, no strings attached, got it?)
If he agrees, just yell at the bad guys then get their attention away from the heat star.
Alan help.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 15, 2015, 08:56:52 am »

What if you enchant a material so that the magic doesn't or can't touch it? Would the magic still be tainted?
I'm thinking something like how a powerful electromagnetic field can direct and contain plasma, Like a fusion reactor.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 15, 2015, 01:18:34 pm »

"I can put pipes and valves together, these are threaded after all."

"That... Is genius, If I had a proper shield spell, I could place it inside the pipes to guide mana though it and if it were vacuumed so that there was no air in there, I could make it direct PURE mana, ready for magic."

You extract a heart from one of your corpses, and Inject a bit of serum into it. It swells to the size of a large skull.

After animating it very temporarily as a test, you find that it can pump air and fluids very well. Though it is too inconsistent when pumping air.

It is gold, that many coins would make an ingot. Maybe less.

You have your skeletons muck about in the dirt looking for useful things. You have no luck.

You simply feed some meat to your wizard zombie. There isn't any need to Sacrifice a minion just yet.

The brain slime has nothing to process the Meat. It will need to be magically fed, or provided with some kind of paste. otr have a mouth and stomach added.

You learn Craft Wire, Advanced Raise Dead, Detect Bones, Craft Rod, Detect Object: Sigil, Craft Valve, and Craft Pipe. -8 Pontification Points.

You pour some Of the liquified bone into the Extruder, and have it make a valve. -1 mana

A horrible grinding noise emanates from the Dwarven machine, and puffs of white smoke emanate from it.

"Oh damn. Forgot that The materials would re-solidify soon after leaving the bowl. Hope that doesn't cause any further problems."

You write down a new blueprint for when you have the time and energy.

You feel much better now that you have been eating. +25 Health.

You Plant the Bone seed, and after watering it and infusing it with a bit of mana, go around the pond. -1 mana

You finally make it out of the jungle, thankfully unscathed. Nothing but a flat stretch of desert lies between you and Eadlestien.

A hooded figure stands in front of you.

"I like the idea of having my own personal grappling hook, and the idea seems sound. I will blueprint it up."

(A tetrominode is the technical term for those blocks from tetris.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:32:22 pm by Shadestyle »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 15, 2015, 01:55:29 pm »

Keep walking but keep an eye on him.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 250