Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76482 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

The gods would want direct action!

Carve a hole in the roof and head on in.  Enlist help of anyone else on the roof.  Maybe that drunk guy?
Okay, once more, this time very slowly and surely, go through suit systems to detox self.
Do not leave roof for now.

N-no, Brother, I donn't think I'm of much use now as is. Sorry.
[Lars roll:6 THE GODS WILL IT!]

Lars slices a clean hole in the roof with a single short burst of his laser.

"Come now, trusted companion! The gods will not tolerate such well reasoned caution! They desire mindless violence and feats of unlikely heroism!"

And with that he grabs Maurice by the collar and hucks him into the hole, following him down a moment later.  The room below appears to be an OR, and Maurice lands right on the table in a rather awkward position. Luckily, the patient on the table broke his fall. Similarly, the anesthesiologist and surgeon break Lar's fall.

"You!  Wh-what did you do?  Where is he?"
Kick the labcoated man until answers come out.
You tackle the man to the ground and start kicking.

"WHERE IS HE!?"

"What?!"

*Kick*

"WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR??!"

"AHHHH!"

*Kick*

"WHERE'S SCARECROW?!"

"Who even is that?!"

*Kick kick kick*

"Also where is a stasis cart. Probably should have asked that first."

"In the supply room, down the hall, second door on the left. Aughhh...I think you punctured a lung."

Charge at her, attempt to stun her with butt of the rifle to head
"Damn it, just let me show you how much harm I don't mean you by cracking you upside the head with my rifle!"

You duck under a flying spatula.

"Come on baby, just a little bit. It will only hurt for a second. And then for about a week once you wake up."

A sauce pan clangs uselessly off your helmet and partially covers you in spaghetti sauce.

"Seriously? I just had this washed."

You finally get her cornered, but she pulls a boning knife on you.

"The suit's puncture resistant lady.  It might protect against LITERALLY NOTHING that I usually come up against but I'm pretty damn sure it can protect me from you."

She gives it the old college try regardless, stabbing you several times before you manage to conk her on the head and knock her out. The knife doesn't get through, but it's still like having a particularly sharp finger jammed repeatedly into your ribs. Ow.

"Uh, great, door to door round up. What are we, spacevacuum salesmen?

Continue north, check out what kind of buildings there are there, then curve west and check out the D-buildings. Is there indeed a garage there, and if yes, what's there to see?

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team

Stay with gigantic murdermachine man, actively ignoring whatever he focuses on, instead looking for a possible ambush. assume that he can deal with whatever he is paying attention too, so i might as well assume that whatever gets his attention is a distraction and instead look for what the distraction is distracting for. again, I will use my amps for reactive defenses of myself or teammates, but am not going on the attack unless that is the most efficient way to defend against a particular attack type.

Hmm. You get up to the crater that was the first d building, but you can't tell what it is anymore. There's not enough left. However, d-6 looks questionable. It looks too small to be a hanger but it could be a garage or a supply building. You can't tell from the outside. No sign of anyone though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2015, 03:58:05 pm »

((Great Success))

"Come, Brother Maurice!" shouts Lars joyously over the suit comms.  "Let us deliver Steve's moist justice to the heathens!"

He then switches to external speakers.  "EVERYONE DOWN!  Those who oppose us will perish!"

Wave the rifle threateningly while giving "everyone down" signals.  Shoot anyone who gives me guff.  Move on to clear the building with Maurice assisting- nudge him along if he forgets to move.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2015, 04:03:35 pm »

Hmm. You get up to the crater that was the first d building, but you can't tell what it is anymore. There's not enough left. However, d-6 looks questionable. It looks too small to be a hanger but it could be a garage or a supply building. You can't tell from the outside. No sign of anyone though.

"Team Koala, status report."

Approach d-6 from the side, then check inside. Be sure to use cameyes.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2015, 04:05:23 pm »

((I guess I should not had waited for Grunhill...))

Open a "door" (EDIT: by that I mean make a hole, if it wasn't obvious) on the other side of the room so that the civvies can easily move away from the base while being covered by the building from overzealous teammates.
Point at it and away from the base and say
"Danger! Retreat!" in the local language, using the limited words of the local language I have memorized.
If that doesn't work, search the phrasebook for something better and use that instead.
EDIT2: Just in case it isn't obvious, avoid stepping on civilians or destroying anything important while doing so, including things that look like important religious symbols/artefacts.

These are the friends and relatives of the people I killed. They will hate me forever.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:08:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2015, 04:09:47 pm »

Lars replied to the general.  "General, Brother Maurice and I have penetrated building A-12.  It appears to be a hospital of sorts.  We are clearing it for hostiles."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2015, 05:22:52 pm »

Maurice suddenly came into a fit of enthusiastic laughter. Fine, Brother! Be it as the Gods will! And may Mistress have mercy on fools who oppose us!
Follow Brother Lars for now; cut any military opposition with the Twitchblade (glaive) and disarm (literally) any civilian opposition with the Dissector (psycho) knife. Opposition definition does not include not being fast enough to get out of our way, but does include actively trying to do us harm, even if failing at that.
Cackle enthusiastically all the way.

To Miyamoto: General, I am currently prov-viding support to Brother Lars.

Over the team Panda comms: Team Panda, how's it going? Any serious opposition enncountered?

Also, once again, sober up. We're doing manly heroic things, it should work like that now! Or something. Or use suit systems, again.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:48 pm »

Grab the stasis cart and look around for Jim's body.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2015, 06:05:27 am »

Lars replied to the general.  "General, Brother Maurice and I have penetrated building A-12.  It appears to be a hospital of sorts.  We are clearing it for hostiles."
Maurice suddenly came into a fit of enthusiastic laughter. Fine, Brother! Be it as the Gods will! And may Mistress have mercy on fools who oppose us!
Follow Brother Lars for now; cut any military opposition with the Twitchblade (glaive) and disarm (literally) any civilian opposition with the Dissector (psycho) knife. Opposition definition does not include not being fast enough to get out of our way, but does include actively trying to do us harm, even if failing at that.

Over the team Panda comms: Team Panda, how's it going? Any serious opposition enncountered?

Also, once again, sober up. We're doing manly heroic things, it should work like that now! Or something. Or use suit systems, again.

"Affirmative. I am on search and destroy for remaining hostiles, have Lyra as backup. Any word on that cooler for Jimcorpse yet?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2015, 10:14:23 am »

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team

Stay with gigantic murdermachine man, actively ignoring whatever he focuses on, instead looking for a possible ambush. assume that he can deal with whatever he is paying attention too, so i might as well assume that whatever gets his attention is a distraction and instead look for what the distraction is distracting for. again, I will use my amps for reactive defenses of myself or teammates, but am not going on the attack unless that is the most efficient way to defend against a particular attack type.
again
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2015, 03:39:45 pm »

Sweep the building, shoot everyone armed, stun everyone civilian.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

((Great Success))

"Come, Brother Maurice!" shouts Lars joyously over the suit comms.  "Let us deliver Steve's moist justice to the heathens!"

He then switches to external speakers.  "EVERYONE DOWN!  Those who oppose us will perish!"

Wave the rifle threateningly while giving "everyone down" signals.  Shoot anyone who gives me guff.  Move on to clear the building with Maurice assisting- nudge him along if he forgets to move.
(Lars and Maurice sitcom when?)

"Don't mind us, just passing through, god given mission, you know the deal." Lars says, waving his rifle around and gesturing for everyone to get down. Everyone complies, thankfully. Lars nods approvingly, hulls Maurice onto his back in a fireman carry and runs out the door into the hall. It's empty and uninteresting so he heads right, through a lobby and into another hall. This one contains a Mesk, who is pushing a cart back the opposite direction.

"Howdy, mesk old boy!" Maurice shouts, waving, "Howsitgoing? Ya kick anyone to death recent...oh that's blood on your boot...you did didn't you? Heh. Awkward. Say, you wouldn't mind setting my suit to filter my blood, would you? I'd do it myself but I appear to be extremely drunk for some reason."

((I guess I should not had waited for Grunhill...))

Open a "door" (EDIT: by that I mean make a hole, if it wasn't obvious) on the other side of the room so that the civvies can easily move away from the base while being covered by the building from overzealous teammates.
Point at it and away from the base and say
"Danger! Retreat!" in the local language, using the limited words of the local language I have memorized.
If that doesn't work, search the phrasebook for something better and use that instead.
EDIT2: Just in case it isn't obvious, avoid stepping on civilians or destroying anything important while doing so, including things that look like important religious symbols/artefacts.

These are the friends and relatives of the people I killed. They will hate me forever.

(Danger will Robinson! DANGER!)

Now...whats a roll for this...Con? No.. you didn't say to shoot a hole. Make a hole. Make a hole. Ah, perhaps dex for getting through all of them?

You carefully weave your way through the pews and the terrified, screaming parishioners and punch a hole in the wall. You then begin screaming for them to run. They continue to do so, though only about 40% of them actually run through the hole you made. The rest run in random directions. It's like herding cats.

Grab the stasis cart and look around for Jim's body.
You head where the doctor directed you and grab the first thing that looks like a stasis cart: it's a hospital gurney but with a sort of half cylinder tube on top of it and a lot of machinery and junk stashed on a shelf under the main metal plate that holds up the bed part. There's lots of tubes and wires and cables running from the machinery to the cylinder and you have the distinct feeling this thing is rather fragile.

You carefully wheel it back out into the hall and encounter Lars and Maurice, apparently cosplaying as Master blaster.

Sweep the building, shoot everyone armed, stun everyone civilian.
You step out into the front area of the building and come to several realizations at once:
1.This actually is a snackbar. Or a restaurant of sorts. The front area is a large open area with a counter and a dozen or so small circular tables and chairs. You're behind the counter.
2.What looks like 6 soldiers apparently were in here eating when this all began. They've flipped their tables and angled them toward the windows to give them cover, but they clearly heard all the smashing and crashing in the back because they're all facing you. And they've all got weapons, though they appear to mostly be side arms, with a rifle or two amongst them.
3.You've got...maybe half a second before they open fire on you.

What do.

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team

again

"Team Koala, status report."

Approach d-6 from the side, then check inside. Be sure to use cameyes.
You sidle on over to the building as best as a giant robot can sidle. Scans with cam eyes reveal several large heat signatures inside, as well as several smaller ones scuttling around. It's hard to tell without tearing a hole in the wall, but you're pretty sure the large signatures are battlesuits. Though, they appear to be idle or not in use, since they're all standing in a row, not moving.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2015, 05:49:54 pm »

"Ok then, seems we found their battlesuits. Lyra, you ready?"

Create large shockwave, starting from the back of the hangar and rippling to the front, with the intent of throwing out all the people inside and toppling over the battlesuits (but without destroying them). If the garage is still closed in the front, then use manip to tear it away before doing the force push. Note that I'm NOT just trying to smash the people in there, just move them out of the way.

If still allowed after all that, move through wall into garage (try not to collapse the damn thing) and take stock, place myself between enemy and their battlesuits if possible (to cut them off). If enemy combatants, use monorazor naginata, or goop thrower if Steve thinks the battlesuits are life locked (be sure to ask him before moving on). If Steve doesn't know, then use goop.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:16:34 am by Radio Controlled »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2015, 08:11:41 pm »

as before, I trust Miya will handle the big obvious problem in front, and instead focus on what else could be going on. I check the ceiling, catwalks, our rear, etc. look into shadowy corners, listen and smell for anything that Miya might have missed, any traps, whatever else like that might be going on.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #463 on: January 07, 2015, 06:25:46 am »

I am assuming the surrounding area is safe, since I've walked around and scanned things with cam-eyes many times.

"Please! Stop screaming! I am trying to help!"
Take a step back so that I am in cover, just in case there are snipers around, then open the battlesuit's front and my faceplate so that I can speak to those guys face to face.

Say the following (or the closest approximation I can manage) in the native language using the phrasebook/dictionary thingy. Use my awesome charisma to convey a sense of calmness, logic and non-panic (like those PA voices that say "Remain calm and proceed to the nearest exit."): "Please, remain calm and evacuate the area immediately. This is now a battlefield. We mean you no harm but the longer you stay here the greater the chance of collateral damage."

Assuming the above works and they begin calmly evacuating, show one of them the map of the base and ask them if they know where the commander is. If possible, also gain more info about the rest of the buildings around here.

If the above doesn't work and they are still running around, try to gently corner/grab one of them, keep him there until he/she calms down and ask for the above info.

Generally ask for directions like a clueless tourist.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 07, 2015, 07:42:54 am »

Flip closest table and jump behind it. Duck behind counter.
Located enemy. Six persons. Lightly armed
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:14:52 pm by Illgeo »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45