Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76486 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2014, 10:20:51 pm »

Stay low near the ruins of the building, using it for cover and concealment. Continue to focus on defending my teammates from attacks, and looking for any other high-threat enemies. rocket lauchers don't count as high-threat.

If someone spots me or opens fire on me, deflect their attack (if necessary) then microwave a first-sized spot in their chest.

If I have no reason to use my amp, good, let my mind rest since I don't have a super-strong will.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2014, 01:34:55 am »

"Understood, I'm coming down.  Got your back now, Lars."
Provide air support for Lars.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2014, 01:43:22 am »

Go over to C11. Grab an enemy combatant on the way with the manipulator amp and start smashing other enemy combatants with them. Enemy combatants are defined as 'anyone not an ARM member'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2014, 03:25:40 am »

"Koalas, get into some cover if you don't have any yet! Don't be an easy target."

Step out of smoke. Laser to medium power, max diffusion.

Start a big sweep with laser, starting with the men at C-1 up to those at C-20. Intensify power or lower diffusion if needed to ensure I cut through the buildings and hit the ones behind it.

If I see rockets coming for teammates, swat away with manip (but try to save mindpoints, so just push them away, don't force them back).

((You forgot to put illgeo on the map, I think.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2014, 04:12:38 am »

Jim jerks stiff, spasms violently for a moment, clawing at the air and his head with all four arms, and then collapses.

>Mesk, it would appear that jim has died. Hard to say of what, at the moment. But when you get the chance, please head into the a-12 building and recover a preservative cart. I would like his body returned in optimal condition, if possible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2014, 04:20:50 am »

"Er... wait, what did you just say?  Someone took out Jim?  How...?"
Head to building A12.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2014, 05:51:23 am »

What?
I- the drone up there. If it was an amp attack, the initiator has to be spotted.
Then again, there is no better aerial reconnaissance than Steve. Hmmm.

Steve, any signs of enemy vehicles or ampers yet?

Remain prone and stay hidden if possible - is there a parapet on the edge of A-12 roof, or something?
Slice through the soldiers of C-15 through C-17 (as well as those buildings themselves plus C-5) with a nice ugly foot-thick couple-hundred-degrees-Celsius-hot heat disc elevated to around average human center-of-mass height parallel to the ground. If using a less thick or more irregularly shaped (i.e. polygonal instead of circular) disc is less difficult, then do so instead.

You sure you don't need help, Flint?

Bartholomew, if you're still with team Panda, I suggest we take turns operating this MFM, so get your mind ready. If you're with team Koala, well, that's fine if the Commander is fine with it. Just make sure to tell us.

ADD:Question: Also, Steve, who of us on this mission would be mostly unaffected by an EMP? I guess Miyamoto and Flint due to heavy shielding, possibly Renen? What would an EMP do to a synth-flesh body, Mesk's repair bots or my Mk II? I presume that at least the exoskeletons in Mk III would shutdown and hinder their users, if not lock them in place.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:11:50 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2014, 08:20:37 am »

Emm... I'm not very good with this calculatus stuff, messer...
((I think 2 int is too low for MFM.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2014, 09:33:25 am »

((Oh. Never thought stat restrictions would ever come into real play.))
Tsk. Pity.
Well, how about then taking an encircling maneuver to the north through east, flying up above, and there checking out what's inside C-14? So far no soldiers has come out of it, unlike most C- buildings, and it's fairly big, so I'm rather cautious of it.
Remember to remain behind Flint when he fires his colourful cannon, and maybe use the resulting debris and smoke to obscure your movement.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2014, 12:43:09 pm »

Fly in curve eastwards then to c-14 in bursts. Time bursts with Flint shots to not get hit. Do potshots when possible.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2014, 02:00:26 pm »

((Edit: Woops, meant to quote a post in OOC for Tiruin. :/ ))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »

Enter BT and run to building C-11, eliminating anything that is not a team mate in the way. No survivors, if possible. Avoid the areas with chance of EMP attack.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2014, 07:09:57 pm »

Lars hopped back on his feet, pulling his Raduga into position again.  "Behold!  The hand of Algis has shielded me from harm!  Believe and ye shall too be spared!  Sing praises to Algis! And Ingram!"

Sing some praises to Ingram on that crowd of soldiers.  Cut down as many as possible.
You set the Radula to x-ray and charge a burst for several seconds before popping up and firing left into the group near c-9. If it didn't kill those caught in it directly, it definitely kills them indirectly by causing the rpg one of them is carrying to detonate.

"I've got a drone up. Use it to check for vehicles. Keep it flying high."

((I'm trusting my life to untested alien devices. Let's hope this doesn't give them superpowers or something.))

Dodge, at the same time firing both of my weapons at the enemy, Indigo Hydra Rainbow Cannon with the intention to intercept missiles and Visible light High dispersion High intensity Laser Cannon Raduga with the intention of blinding people so that they can't fire more. Since I haven't fired Indigo Hydra before, in case it matters, I'll just pull the trigger until something happens and stop pulling if nothing happens after a while.

If still alive, land behind C10 and microwave those fools with the Raduga Laser Cannon, aiming to incapacitate.

"Kill it with Science!"
Alright, the hydra cannon shot does a lot of things. You hold the trigger for maybe two or three seconds and in that time the individual heads all whip about, rapidly retargeting and sweeping lasers across the battle field. It slices molten orange gashes across the landscape, cutting down everyone coming out of c-10 in a spray of steam and blood, as well as slicing through c-10 and a-18.

What it doesn't do is take out the RPG heading toward you. The rocket doesn't really do much damage to your armor, but it knocks you back as you fire the raduga and causes the shot to go wide, seriously menacing the nearby hill.

Stay low near the ruins of the building, using it for cover and concealment. Continue to focus on defending my teammates from attacks, and looking for any other high-threat enemies. rocket lauchers don't count as high-threat.

If someone spots me or opens fire on me, deflect their attack (if necessary) then microwave a first-sized spot in their chest.

If I have no reason to use my amp, good, let my mind rest since I don't have a super-strong will.

You rest for the moment.

"Koalas, get into some cover if you don't have any yet! Don't be an easy target."

Step out of smoke. Laser to medium power, max diffusion.

Start a big sweep with laser, starting with the men at C-1 up to those at C-20. Intensify power or lower diffusion if needed to ensure I cut through the buildings and hit the ones behind it.

If I see rockets coming for teammates, swat away with manip (but try to save mindpoints, so just push them away, don't force them back).

((You forgot to put illgeo on the map, I think.))
You step heavily out of the smoke, sweeping your laser across the landscape as you do. Men burst like cans of presurized cherry syrup and buildings instantly burst into flame as the weapon's beam slices through the buildings at a low angle.

"Er... wait, what did you just say?  Someone took out Jim?  How...?"
Head to building A12.

You run over to the closest entrance to the building and throw open the door. Inside there are rows of beds, all empty for the moment, and a single man in a lab coat, who is half hiding behind one of the beds. It looks like the recovery ward.

What?
I- the drone up there. If it was an amp attack, the initiator has to be spotted.
Then again, there is no better aerial reconnaissance than Steve. Hmmm.

Steve, any signs of enemy vehicles or ampers yet?

Remain prone and stay hidden if possible - is there a parapet on the edge of A-12 roof, or something?
Slice through the soldiers of C-15 through C-17 (as well as those buildings themselves plus C-5) with a nice ugly foot-thick couple-hundred-degrees-Celsius-hot heat disc elevated to around average human center-of-mass height parallel to the ground. If using a less thick or more irregularly shaped (i.e. polygonal instead of circular) disc is less difficult, then do so instead.

You sure you don't need help, Flint?

Bartholomew, if you're still with team Panda, I suggest we take turns operating this MFM, so get your mind ready. If you're with team Koala, well, that's fine if the Commander is fine with it. Just make sure to tell us.

ADD:Question: Also, Steve, who of us on this mission would be mostly unaffected by an EMP? I guess Miyamoto and Flint due to heavy shielding, possibly Renen? What would an EMP do to a synth-flesh body, Mesk's repair bots or my Mk II? I presume that at least the exoskeletons in Mk III would shutdown and hinder their users, if not lock them in place.
There's a low ridge around the building, about a foot and a half high up off the roof, following the edge.

Your targets vanish is a haze of aerosolizing blood and igniting structure. Miya seems a bit quicker on the draw.

Fly in curve eastwards then to c-14 in bursts. Time bursts with Flint shots to not get hit. Do potshots when possible.
We'll say you make it to C-14, but the hazards of dodging the half dozen laser blasts going on around there mean you're too distracted to shoot. The remaining soldiers around c15-17 fire up at you but you get into safe cover on the roof.

Enter BT and run to building C-11, eliminating anything that is not a team mate in the way. No survivors, if possible. Avoid the areas with chance of EMP attack.

Welp, you're up there at least, even if Flint slaughtered everyone before you got there.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »

"You!  Wh-what did you do?  Where is he?"
Kick the labcoated man until answers come out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »

"Let us sing together the prayers of war!"

Set the Raduga back to infrared and let it cool down as needed.  If it's ready again, fire at targets of opportunity.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45