Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76175 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 17: Diplomacy
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »

Er style

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:59:22 am »

Jim boards the shuttle and takes a seat, folding all four arms and waiting for deployment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 07:50:44 am »

Renen wears his coat over his body, takes his true-mono blade and goes for the shuttle, waiting for the start of the mission.

Hello Jim, how are things going?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:34 am »

((Moving here))

Brother Lars, I seek your knowledge and wisdom. By any chance, do you know anything interesting about the Wayfarers? Surely their teachings can't surpass the Miracles of Steve, yet, perhaps, there might be something behind them being that influential and Wayfarer society achieving that much? Let alone the fact that this religion pre-dates even the Altered Wars, if I recall correctly.

As Brother Lars heads for the shuttle, he turned to Maurice and listened.  When he was done, Brother Lars closed his eyes and breathed deeply, in and out.

"I studied them a little back during my training.  They are an ancient group, with origins tracing all the way back to Earth Prime.  They are researchers and scholars, and prize knowledge and study.  They appreciate the wonders of creation, and have reputations as explorers."

There's a barely perceptible twitch here.

"It is also said they looked for their god in the stars.  Some even believe they found what they sought.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:54:11 am »

I take all my weapons and enter shuttle.
"H-hello... Umm... I'm Bartolomew Markov. Who are you?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:59 am »

@Grunhill: "...They're going, anyway. It's been awhile since I've been off the ship. It'll be good to stretch these legs once again. And yourself?"

@Illgeo: "Hello, Bartholomew. My name is James Kelly."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 08:08:34 am »

"I...I see. How long have you been here, Mr. Kelly?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 08:21:56 am »

Jim thought about that for a few seconds. "I can't say for sure about objective time, but relatively speaking, a year and a few months, I think. It's hard to keep track of time. I was here when we were still the HMRC, anyway..."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:23 am »

"Is that long by standarts of HMRC?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 08:31:58 am »

"Well, of the group of five in my first mission, four are still around - though only one of us, Milno, still has most of his original body - and the other one turned into some sort of insect creature and had to be put down. Take that as you will. We've lost quite a few people, though. Some have been permanently killed, others just... go catatonic after awhile; can't deal with the stress, I guess. Everyone generally leaves those ones alone until they snap out of it on their own."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 08:36:13 am »

"I hope no one of us dies on this mission."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 08:44:26 am »

"Yeah, it would be nice if things went smoothly for a change." Jim shrugged with his upper set of arms. "That being said, don't worry about dying too much. As long as you don't get shot in the brain, you'll turn out OK."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 08:45:25 am »

As he stepped into the shuttle with Maurice, Brother Lars overheard the new soldier's comment.  He smiled and addressed.

"Do not worry, young soldier.  With Generals Jim and Miyamoto at our side, we need fear no danger.  And as always, the Most Holy Steve watches over us all.  Praise be!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 08:46:57 am »

"Let faith and sense be with you. What is your name, man of faith?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 08:48:42 am »

"I am Brother Lars.  I serve as Chaplain here aboard the Sword."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45