Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65170 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2014, 12:19:48 am »

Bill uses See Invisibility (CL 4) and keeps searching.

"Suit yourself. Be careful though Billbo." Arsolf calls to Bill as he floats a little farther down the shorline searching for threats along the way. One minutes... Five Minutes... Nothing at all. Only fish. Small ones too oddly enough. It finally occurs to you that nothing would likely be in this river that would be strong enough to pull a man into the water.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2014, 01:45:48 am »

Bill poles the raft back to shore, and disembarks. After securing the raft, he heads back to the group.
Once he is in sight, he picks up speed, and heads straight for Ganron, not stopping until he is inches from the youth's face. His white-blue eyes bore into the young man for half a minute until Bill finally speaks.
"You will not lie to me when you answer the question I am about to ask. I can see the lies on your face when you do. Now, you weren't pulled into the river, were you? You just fell."
Sense Motive: +0+4(Vestige power)+5(Bluff circumstance "The bluff is a little hard to believe or puts the target at some risk.")= +9

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2014, 08:47:51 am »

"Wh-what? I told you! I felt myself being pushed in. I said maybe I was pul-" but before Ganron could go any further Arsolf spoke up.

"You will not threaten my son like that!" Despite his frailty compared to you and lack of armaments it seems he's willing to fight to protect his son.

Still, you got what you needed. Ganron was telling the truth.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2014, 09:59:58 am »

"If Ganron did not fall, and Billbo is sure he wasn't pulled... then who, or what, pushed him?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

"That is the question. In the mean time, I will be taking the raft. Any of you that would care to join me are welcome."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2014, 01:15:40 pm »

Around how far could we estimate we are from Lakeview? How long would the walk be?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2014, 07:40:07 pm »

"You are all welcome to take that floating death trap. Ganron and I will stay on the ground."

Around how far could we estimate we are from Lakeview? How long would the walk be?

You assume you're around a fifty five or so miles from Lakeview. You aren't sure but that would mean you're roughly two days walking. Which is a lot better time than you first expected. Though, taking Ganron with you might complicate things. He likely wouldn't be able to withstand any extended walking until a little ways into the next day. At the rate you are going, if you take the commoners with you, you suspect the group would only make 20 miles in eight hours. Still, the two seem hardy so travelling for 10 hours would likely net the group 26 miles with no complications. This all assumes, of course, that you are travelling through pure wilderness. You're likely to run into roads before too long.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2014, 09:29:38 pm »

Galia considers the possibilities. If she goes with the commoners, she has more time to develop a 'bond' with Ganron and won't have to endure the antics of the others, but an attack by bandits or beasts would likely approach death sentence levels. If she went with the others, she would make much better time and have much better defenses against the elements and outside factors, but she wouldn't be able to brainwash Ganron until he arrived in Lakeview, and she was not very keen on the idea of spending an entire day on that cramped boat with people who she either hated or sort of liked.

She decided to take a compromise and turned to the others.

"I was thinking of going with Ganron and Arsolf here, but I don't think we'd hold our ground against the elements very well. Would any of you be interested in coming with us?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2014, 09:36:00 pm »

"I'm going with them. Raft or not." Ganron says after a particularly long fit of coughing.

"What? But you just about died! I forbid it!"

"Without them I would have died. I'd prefer to stay off the boat but... I owe them my life."

Arsolf mutters to himself for several moments before sighing "I... I will go with you on the raft if that is your choice my son."

You get the feeling, though, that choosing the raft will make any attempted trickery much more difficult. It doesn't seem likely that Arsolf will let Ganron out of his sight any time soon.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2014, 09:48:17 pm »

"In that case... never mind."

Galia blushes a bit for making her rather irrelevant statement.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2014, 09:49:38 pm »

*Cough Cough* "There's also the fact that I want to get to Lakeview as soon as possible."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2014, 10:14:04 pm »

"Well, if no one cares to join me, I'll be off. I will expect you to arrive in the town square in three days time."
Before he goes, he pulls Harmony off to one side.
"Can I borrow one of your disguise kits? I can't lie as you can, and it would be best if I don't get run out of town by a mob."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2014, 10:49:14 pm »

"I will accompany you, Bill. One moment."

Dereth stepped back onto the raft, and took up a position at the front; his undead companion could not get tired, so it was best if he manned the pole, while Dereth informed him of oncoming dangers or obstacles.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2014, 11:04:45 pm »

Otherwise ignoring Bill's announcement that he's leaving, Galia gets closer to Ganron and leans against him lovingly, keeping up the masquerade for Arsolf that the two were in love. However, she whispers in the young man's ear, just quietly enough for him and only him to hear:

"I think that somebody, or something, I'm not sure what, tried to kill you by pushing you off the raft and making it look like an accident. It's clear from Billbo's observations that nothing pulled you, and you said yourself that you felt something pushing you. I don't know why they tried, but whatever you do, stay close to me. I don't want to lose you, and I'm not sure you can trust anybody else here except for, perhaps, the fellow here who pulled you from the river."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »

"That... Makes sense... We should-" *Cough cough* "Tell my dad." Ganron whispers back quietly. "But... Why so attached?" *Cough Cough*

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62