Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65155 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »

OOC Thread

Were any creatures still alive in the blightlands they would have been treated to an interesting sight. A large tower collapsing in a large explosion as a group of seven dashed outside.

If any of those hypothetical creatures had stuck around for an uncertain amount of time they would have seen six arms slowly working their way out of the pile of rubble. The owners of the pile of rubble could only be thankful that they were still alive, in most cases, and capable of moving inimpeded.

The seventh member was never to be seen again. They had all seen him thrust into the large ball of negative energy. For one of your members this would have been nothing but a pleasant stroll. For the Halfling Wizard it was... less so.

Looking around the six evil lords would see nothing but blighted lands, dead trees, and piles of rubble. Apparently the explosion, the last thing you remember, had a slight negative effect on the surrounding environment.

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »

"Well. Shall we get going, then?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »

Slowly getting to her knees, Harmony, a silver-haired, well-groomed pixie wearing only a simple leather traveling vest and a satchel, dusted herself off and looked around.

"By the Nine Hells, I told you the divination safeguards wouldn't cut it. Whose idea was it to conduct operations in a giant conspicuous stone tower, anyway?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »

Galia claws her way out of the rocks, in a rather tattered red dress.

"If there is something that is the exact opposite of "enjoyable", it was that."

Looking around, she sees the horrible sight before her. The ruins of the place that had been her home for years... everything she owned, smashed. All the people she'd brainwashed, dead. Everything she'd worked for, abruptly destroyed in a bang and a shadowy flash.

Looking around for anything to be salvaged, she sees nothing. Her Bag of Holding, torn beyond repair. Her notes on the essence of enchantment spells, ripped to shreds by falling stone. Her previously magnificent +6 Cloak of Charisma, reduced to rags, platinum scraps, and cracked black diamonds. All that remained was her satchel and belt pouch, which contained nothing but a meager supply of food, some water, her sewing needle, writing supplies (including spare parchment), and her trusty notebook... which was missing a page.

"How wonderful. Everything we've done, gone in a heartbeat."

Hearing Harmony's comment, she responds.

"I think it was... damn, what was his name? The halfling idiot."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 09:44:10 pm »

"If I remember right, yours. And Jake's, yeah. Those divination safeguards weren't the problem, it was the goddamn budget for teleportation-anchoring and redirection. Could have shoved the lot of them into those very Nine Hells if I'd been able to get more than an intoxicated gnome to do the enchanting. But this isn't what we need to focus on. We need to leave. Now. Figure out how long it took to dig out of the rubble, and how we can find those bastards and kill them."

Dereth shrugs, seeing how his once magnificent Blade of the Perfect Stroke lacked any of the magical gleam it once had, and kicks a piece of rock as he begins walking in a random direction. South, it looked like, based on the sun. If he remembered right...he adjusted his course so he was going West-South-West, as he began going through the inventory of useful versus useless things still on his person. Necklace, ruined. Gloves, ruined. Gold? Mostly still intact, if scorched or bent in a lot of places.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:46:24 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:54 pm »

"Well, at least his horrible cliches are over now. Any of you have a preference for which direction we head out of this planar mess he left?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 09:48:45 pm »

"I'm headed for the river, and maybe that little village; Lakeview, I think it was called. You can do whatever, I think."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:39 pm »

Galia looks to Dereth after hearing his comment on killing the 'heroes'.

"You think that we could just up and kill those bastards now? I don't even remember how to cast Suggestion, let alone murder the people who crushed our plans."

"As for where we go, I say we head toward the nearest town. Stock up on supplies, maybe scrounge up some lackeys. Was there a ferry to Riverside, over to the northwest?"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:54:30 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 09:56:43 pm »

Finishing brushing herself off, the pixie starts hovering around eye height.

"Heading for a new settlement will come later. For now, we need to get out of here, and I'm betting that won't be easy. I'm off to search for anything which hasn't been completely ruined by the collapse."

With that, she flutters over to the pile of rubble and begins studying it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:59:04 pm »

The duelist, knowing he was lessened too, and unable to perform many of the maneuvers he was once famed for. It made him angry, feeling the weakness in his muscles brought on by the enormity of time spent beneath that pile of rubble they'd once called home. But he didn't let any of this show. His former employers were hawks and vultures in one. Showing weakness could be fatal.

Instead, Dereth waved one hand in air in a 'eehh' motion. "Details. Long-term plans. It'll happen eventually; if you want to get anywhere, it'll have to; they beat us once, they can do it again, if we don't get rid of them first."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »

"I'm headed for the river, and maybe that little village; Lakeview, I think it was called. You can do whatever, I think."

As you think about that you remember just how far away Lakeview is from your ruined tower. It's about 80 or so miles from where you are as the crow flies. If you're intent on following the river it would likely take around a week. If you walked straight there you would be looking at a travel time of 4 days. Still, the latter option is much more dangerous.

With that, she flutters over to the pile of rubble and begins studying it.

How the six of you survived this you'll never know. The energy of the explosion appears to have destroyed a large amount of stone resulting in dust. You do find a small golden lump. However upon closer examination you realize that it's actually a tooth. Probably from some sort of skeleton.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:45:19 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »

I pocket it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:00 pm »

The world is a small place, and the river will let us get some water. How we're still alive is pretty questionable anyway, but I doubt if we're stupid about it we'll stay that way for very long.

Plus, it's not like I've got a good enough sense of direction to be sure of hitting Lakeview by trying to walk directly there. With the river, on the other hand...

Though, if it's only 8 miles away, it's entirely possible that we can see it, and in turn, that they can see us...and that is not something I really like.

Damn tiny island.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:27:26 pm »

Galia ponders her next move when a dire thought came to mind.

"Oh... oh no... Mersa!

Galia frantically looks around for her snake. After a good six minutes of digging through rubble and overturning rocks, Galia is about to give up when everything around her comed into sharper focus, as though she had the Alertness feat. But she didn't, which must mean... she turns around and discovers her beloved purple snake hissing merrily at her. After picking her up and a short exchange of hissing later, Galia places her slithering friend into her satchel, slightly gladdened by finding that her best friend had survived the destruction.

She sits on an overturned boulder and begins counseling with her snake on what to do next.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 05:46:16 am »

Rikimaru grunted and picked up and old crossbow that was laying on the ground. He adjusted his hat and scratched at his beard, looking at where the heroes ran off.
   "Well damn.. thought I had em' with that Black Lotus extract. Did you see one of em' take my best crossbow? The nerve!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62