Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107074 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #960 on: April 30, 2015, 09:32:07 pm »

If you can keep it under control, and it proves worth the extra ration strain, I see no problem with that. Otherwise...

((Okay, I'd like to recount our options here, Piecewise. About how big and powerful is this creature? Does it have a powerful build to match its height, or is it on the lean side? How big and sharp are the jaws? (Please, please, don't answer that last one by it biting someone. Just a rough comparison would suffice.)
How many rations a day would it cost us to feed it, assuming it does not catch anything by itself?
Finally, if we just took the creature back to the town, could we "sell it off""send back home as a gift to His Majesty" and return on our journey?
Oh, and, purely hypothetically speaking, should we butcher it and cook the meat, how much rations would we get out of it? Just a rough estimate?))
He's a 5 meter tall lizard with one eye. Just in order to move it needs to be powerful enough to tear you in half. And yes it has sharp teeth.

You don't know!

Sure

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 01, 2015, 12:54:33 am »

"Pretty lizard wants food? Pretty lizard wants food that isn't peasants?"

Feed it rations until it's tame!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #962 on: May 01, 2015, 01:48:41 am »

"Teach the bugger how to sit, roll over and play dead. Never hurts to get some practice."

Would I be able to fit a saddle on the creature? Or would it need some modifications?

Assist by providing any material needed. Including bullets delivered via rifle if the situation calls for it.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:51:13 am by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 02, 2015, 06:39:42 am »

Bloody beast... Let us see how much it eats, and how much of a trouble it is, and then we shall see whether we keep it or send back as a compliment to His Majesty.
By the glory of His Majesty's Grace, let this creature's kind be known as Piecewise Giganticus Cyclopus! You may name this particular beast however you wish, Miss Caroline.

Can the bloody beast be put to the cart? Would that require extensive rework of the cart, or only the creation of a suitable harness?

Be ready to resume movement (5, 5) as soon as Miss Caroline can entice the beast to follow us.

((Note to self: there is certain need of Huge Cages and Animal Traps in the shop. Also, bigger carts and small cannons.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 02, 2015, 08:45:08 am »

Keep my Leestone repeater aimed at the giant lizard. Maybe shoot it if it kills Caroline.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #965 on: May 04, 2015, 04:25:39 pm »

"Pretty lizard wants food? Pretty lizard wants food that isn't peasants?"

Feed it rations until it's tame!
You hold the ration up and wing it around, getting the critter's attention. It sniffs it for a few seconds before quickly snapping down on it, catching your entire forearm in the process. It's teeth aren't terribly large, they're short triangular things, but the force of it snapping it's maw shut is still enough to break your arm and drive the stubby spikes deep into the flesh. With reptilian lack of comprehension it drags you, screaming, up into the air by your damaged limb.

"Hey, Boss, I know a bit about animals myself, I might be able to help her."

Think about if I could help Caroline tame the beast, or if it's best to let her at it.
If so, approach the lizard slowly, so as not to startle  it.

It not, or if boss says no, stay as I was.

Also, be ready to spout innuendo about the giant lizard and the maiden trying to tame it.

You can't do much more then hold on to the reins of the cart horse and keep it from bolting as Caroline screams and thrashes from the lizard's jaws.

"Teach the bugger how to sit, roll over and play dead. Never hurts to get some practice."

Would I be able to fit a saddle on the creature? Or would it need some modifications?

Assist by providing any material needed. Including bullets delivered via rifle if the situation calls for it.

Keep my Leestone repeater aimed at the giant lizard. Maybe shoot it if it kills Caroline.

(Beirus needs an inventory!)

Martian and James both open up, firing at the creature's head and neck. The leestone fires 3 time, pelting the beast's jaw and neck with several rounds that shatter scale and drill small holes into the flesh. The Glastchurch's single shot catches the lizard in the face, striking it clean in the eye and blinding it.  The Beast hisses and tosses caroline aside before turning and bolting away.

Bloody beast... Let us see how much it eats, and how much of a trouble it is, and then we shall see whether we keep it or send back as a compliment to His Majesty.
By the glory of His Majesty's Grace, let this creature's kind be known as Piecewise Giganticus Cyclopus! You may name this particular beast however you wish, Miss Caroline.

Can the bloody beast be put to the cart? Would that require extensive rework of the cart, or only the creation of a suitable harness?

Be ready to resume movement (5, 5) as soon as Miss Caroline can entice the beast to follow us.

((Note to self: there is certain need of Huge Cages and Animal Traps in the shop. Also, bigger carts and small cannons.))
(until you invent flatbed trucks you're gonna have a problem doing any of that.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 04, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »

"And I suppose that's why you don't wave food in front of a beastie's face." Corbin laughs softly, so as not to be heard.
"Wait, crap, I'm the only medic!"

Appropriate a medkit and help Caroline to not bleed to death. optionally, help her to not spend the rest of her life as a cripple.
If those fools chase the stupid lizard back towards me, move the cart out of the way.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:35:36 pm by Egan_BW »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 04, 2015, 04:53:59 pm »

Bloody beast! I knew it!
Keep firing, pursue as needed! Go for the legs, it must neither escape nor be able to fight back!
Corbin, hold the reins! Be ready to leave if it fights back! I'll get her to you!

Bring Miss Fowlfeather and her horse to the cart (she goes in, the horse gets tied to the cart), get the spare Glastchurch from the cart.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:13:09 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:00 pm »

((I read it as if it was running away entirely. as in it's not coming back.))

"What? the bloody Beast took a Glastchurch to the eye and you want to hunt it?"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:05:46 pm by Egan_BW »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 04, 2015, 05:06:47 pm »

((It might as we pursue. And we're pursuing, mostly because it's today's meal and already wounded.
We're probably not moving further today, though, unfortunately. We'll have to chop it into nice meat chunks first.))

It will bleed to death soon, do not worry. All we need to give it is a little encouragement in the form of a few more holes and no way to escape us.
A creature this big has to rely a lot in its legs. Wound them, and you cripple it - it might outright collapse under its own weight on a good shot. Especially when there are only two of them in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:11:50 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 04, 2015, 05:18:09 pm »

"Well. You fellows can do that. I have someone to make sure doesn't bleed to death."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:35:57 pm by Egan_BW »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #971 on: May 04, 2015, 05:27:13 pm »

((That's what happens when you don't post your stats...))

"Fowl beast! You shall not escape!" Martin said as he urged his horse to run forward.
((Yes, I know that is not the correct spelling for foul.))

((@PW: If you'd find one of the below choices more fun or more capable of giving you good data, then choose that, I won't mind.))
Chase the thing with my horse.
If possible, reload my rifle and fire again, aiming for any weak spots I can see, or failing that, it's legs.
If it's very hard to get a good shot while riding, the go besides it so that it can see me (but not very close to it) aiming to scare it into turning towards the others. If that's not enough to scare it, fire into the air.
If I can't reload, then see if I could ride besides the thing and jump on it. Stab it with my dagger between its scales and swing my axe at its back, aiming to embed them into its skin and use them as handholds to hold on. It's going to get tired eventually and I'm going to force it to submit.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 04, 2015, 05:30:56 pm »

"Well. You fellows can do that. I have some one to make sure doesn't bleed to death."
Do that, but keep a look at the horses.
Victor nodded, then rubbed his fly rink as he picked the Glastchurch.
It won't be much of a problem. I have commanded a company in the quelling of Giants Uprising, I know first-hand how to deal with big ones. He stroke his mustache.
Past Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 04, 2015, 09:34:25 pm »

((I regret nothing.))

"I'm also a medic!" Caroline interjected in between screaming and rolling around in pain.

Help Corbin help me not be a mangled corpse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 04, 2015, 10:48:34 pm »

Shoot the lizard, aim for the legs.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 85