Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106972 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #990 on: May 15, 2015, 11:49:28 am »

While everyone else nearby is ether chasing a lizard-beast, unconscious, or a horse, eat one ration.

"Well, I'm not starving!"

Why would you do that. You're not hungry yet. You'd still need to eat again at the end of the day. IT'S NOTHING BUT A WASTE. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Come on, Jester! The prey is escaping! Do you not want fresh, nice lizard meat for dinner? Get moving, and I promise you a feast afterwards!
Can I line a shot at the creature's leg? If yes, shoot (with Glastchurch). Regardless, give chase!

The thing has ran too far away, vanishing into the distance.

"Damn *gasp* it, learn how to shoot!"

Is the lizard still in range by the time I get up and catch my breath? If so, shoot at it again. If not, catch my horse if it got spooked. Otherwise get back on my horse and continue the chase. Unless we're tracking it, then follow the tracker.

You keep trying to grab your horse, but everytime you get close it startles and snorts at you before trotting away.

"God damn it, get back here. Don't think I won't make you into rations."

Wake up, pet pretty ponies.

While everyone else nearby is ether chasing a lizard-beast, unconscious, or a horse, eat one ration.

"Well, I'm not starving!"
You sure about that?

Naw, sorry, ms. Fort -1, you're still napping.

((Whoops, sorry, was busy, forgot to post.))

"Daft beast! You ruined my shot! No wonder we're looking for a replacement for your kind! No, the other way! The other other way damn you!"

Try to keep chasing the beast, unless we have all lost it. In which case, slow the horse down, dismount, leave it with the others and try my hand at tracking. Twy to be qviet. We're hunting wizads.

You dismount and attempt to discern the beast's path. Despite a good trail of blood and crushed grass, you can't figure it out. Damn 1's.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #991 on: May 15, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »

Follow the leader.
Unless Victor/Nik wants us to do something else, in which case I'll edit this post.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 15, 2015, 01:58:31 pm »

Rotten beast...
All right, no time to waste on tracking that creature. Gather up at the wagon, we are moving out.
You all did well today, so we shall have a nice feast in the evening.

Continue moving as planned (5, 5).

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #993 on: May 15, 2015, 02:27:52 pm »

"Eeeeh... Shouldn't someone be fixing the crazy lizard cooer's arm? Or are we going to wait until later?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 15, 2015, 02:39:59 pm »

Corbin was tasked with that. He should have had enough time to treat the wound by now.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #995 on: May 16, 2015, 02:48:24 pm »

Rotten beast...
All right, no time to waste on tracking that creature. Gather up at the wagon, we are moving out.
You all did well today, so we shall have a nice feast in the evening.

Continue moving as planned (5, 5).

You load everything back into the wagon, gather the horses and get back underway, this time with One of your member riding, unconscious, in the cart. You continue on and the day stretches into the afternoon, and the grasslands just keep coming. Strange, landbound cephalopods crawl through the grass, eatting knobby fruit from tiny trees and hiding in the shade of sunflowers that tower over 7 feet tall, with blooms nearly 2 feet wide.
Amongst this field of towering yellow blooms is a great open pit, a sinkhole of sorts, ovid and dropping at least 50-60 feet down to an uneven floor. You think you can see a cave mouth on one of the sinkhole's walls.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 16, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

(( "Just a cave system here, nothing interesting to see, move along." :P ))
Watch out for pitfalls, lads! Scouts, move slightly ahead of the cart and check the path. We don't want to fall in.

If this is two moves, break camp for today. Otherwise, keep moving carefully in the chosen direction (5). Take wide berth from any more cave openings, be extremely cautious about accidental cave-ins and hidden pitfalls.

((And inb4: Caves are extremely dangerous places to investigate, especially when we don't even have ER-level tech to back us up - but we can all trust Piecewise that "undiscovered" flora and fauna found there would be quite up to ER standard of xenos danger. We're not dwarves to go deep, so I think we should avoid it if we can.))
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #997 on: May 16, 2015, 07:57:21 pm »

((I'd like to investigate and see what piecewise has in his cave, or at least leave a trap or two around. Although it might be simple cave paintings in there for us to copy in our journal, so traps couldn't do anything.
But you're the boss. Interesting stuff and trouble is bound to find us either way. We're just delaying the inevitable.))

I was am just following orders.
EDIT: And by that I mean what Nik said, checking the path.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:31:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 16, 2015, 08:26:18 pm »

see what piecewise has in his cave[/b]

((Murder.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 16, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »

We are brave explorers, going bravely where no civilized people have gone before!
And absolutely nowhere near that cave nope.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 16, 2015, 09:26:17 pm »

((@Paris Unfortunately, we don't even have torches (and no wood, and there are no trees nearby). I've thought about it, and decidedly ignoring it is the best course of action this time, I'm afraid. Perhaps the next expedition will learn from our mistakes...

Note for Piecewise: there is some need of portable light sources in the shop, like lamps, lanterns and torches. Possibly powered by the same fuel as the auto-carriage (to avoid item clutter).

Proposed rules/uses: allows exploration of dark places; decreases the terrain difficulty of unlit hexes.
Hexes can be unlit as terrain feature, e.g. underground cave systems, giant ancient forests (with far too thick canopy), etc.; and unlit as event feature - e.g. mysteriously long solar eclipses, unnaturally thick cloud cover, etc., or simply travelling at night (there might be need some day).
Basically, same as mountaineering gear/snow shoes with a twist of using up consumable resource.))
Past Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:41 pm »

Am I a scout? Thought I was hired muscle. If scouting, go help with that, stay away from the hole. If not, stay near the wagon and look for threats.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 16, 2015, 11:02:37 pm »

"Well! I'm sure there's loads of fuzzy friends around here," Caroline offered, cheerfully ignoring her shattered arm. "Maybe I'll make some friends today."

If it's action time, try to tame a cephalopod. If it's not action time, continue being hauled around like fragile luggage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1003 on: May 19, 2015, 04:05:46 pm »

(( "Just a cave system here, nothing interesting to see, move along." :P ))
Watch out for pitfalls, lads! Scouts, move slightly ahead of the cart and check the path. We don't want to fall in.

If this is two moves, break camp for today. Otherwise, keep moving carefully in the chosen direction (5). Take wide berth from any more cave openings, be extremely cautious about accidental cave-ins and hidden pitfalls.

((And inb4: Caves are extremely dangerous places to investigate, especially when we don't even have ER-level tech to back us up - but we can all trust Piecewise that "undiscovered" flora and fauna found there would be quite up to ER standard of xenos danger. We're not dwarves to go deep, so I think we should avoid it if we can.))
The caravan continues until the sun has nearly set. They come across a very ancient set of ruins near the place they set up camp for the night; the ruins are little more then large standing stones and a scattered and overgrown foundation of stone blocks. It's hard to even tell what the original structure was.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 19, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »

Good! Settle down, everyone gets a hearty meal. Also, while the sun has not set, I transcribe the events of the day in my journal, including the path we took and estimated geographical position.
Keep up the good work, lads, and we will be fine!

Miss Fowlfeather, can you write and work as you are? I take that your arm will remain unusable for the remainder of this expedition; if you wish, we could probably arrange your return to civilization sooner. Without the pay, I am afraid, as I would need to hire another person to take your position, but you will be safer in the long run. What do you say?

What is the face of surrounding landscape? ((What terrain type are the neighbouring hexes, can we see that?))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 85