Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 113096 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #690 on: July 15, 2014, 03:54:11 pm »

I wish there was a way to order your companions to ignore downed opponents.  Then you could just stab people in the legs or kick them in the face if you didn't want to kill them.  Its also good advice more often than it isn't.

I actually wish there was a 'non-lethal' attack modifier, that would limit the maximum damage you can deal to a non-lethal amount. So for example, you would only even cut the skin, instead of decapping the person outright for the neck, or bruising the muscles instead of vital organs for the chest.
You could do a quick or a wild attack. They're pretty unlikely to kill.
You think a WILD ATTACK is unlikely to kill? You realize that's basically a heavy attack right? But not slow as fuck.

Wild attacks are also super inaccurate, they have a lot of force and speed behind them, but inflict less severe wounds because you're not aiming as well.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 15, 2014, 04:47:06 pm »

In my experience wild attacks do more damage than regular attacks... *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 15, 2014, 05:09:05 pm »

Double-posting because: HOLY SHIT GUYS I FOUND WORKING BERRY BUSHES!
Booze is Life for Yoink

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #693 on: July 15, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »

Lemme guess, it's finally summer in your save?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 15, 2014, 05:11:36 pm »

How???????

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 15, 2014, 05:18:40 pm »

Lemme guess, it's finally summer in your save?
Must be. I was just strolling into a fort and I suddenly noticed all these different colours on the ground that I'd not noticed before.
The first thing I saw were asparagus berries, which weren't edible (are they edible IRL? I'm guessing not) but then I looked harder and found grapes which I could eat quite happily, as well as raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 15, 2014, 05:46:21 pm »

That's my biggest problem with the game, though it's hardly something solvable without savescumming (which kills the game just as dead).  You get this vast world and unlimited freedom to write your own stories, but sometimes you get hit in the femur with a crossbow bolt before you even find the demon you set out to kill and your story ends with a pack of goblins kicking your unconscious body until you die.

And so, I savescum. You lose the true roguelike-edge fear of death but it allows the story to continue. I wouldn't have seen have the crazy shit on my last adventurer that I did, had I not save scummed. As long as I've prepped a legacy for the next adventurer, I'm more than happy to accept a cool death when it happens. Cool deaths seem rare in this version though. What with body parts exploding like overripe melons after 3 punches, and arrows still just as fucking absurd as ever. I actually found a new kind of gameplay for me in DF, combining stealth and LOS with the coma arrows put you in. It turned into a pretty interesting puzzle, actually, trying to kill and lure guys away from the archers without getting my bones shot out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 15, 2014, 05:50:48 pm »

Not a FIRST impression, but I just got the first person in my hometowns mead hall who doesn't like me for some reason.

DSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 15, 2014, 06:28:23 pm »

Regarding people having their adventurers crying, I'm thinking empathy is now having an effect. I always take all points out of empathy and my adventurers have not cried yet, despite engaging in some callously brutal slaughter.

So, I've explored a few Necro towers and both times the necromancers were big pushovers with no stomach for a fight. The zombies inside also seem hostile towards their masters- I'm not sure if it's because I demanded the necros yield but shortly afterward they were torn to shreds by their minions. And yeesh, I had some real problems trying to kill the zombies. Even luring them out in groups of one or two they were very difficult and ended up blocking most of my attacks before killing me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 15, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »

I
HATE
BOGEYMEEEEN
Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 15, 2014, 06:49:40 pm »

I
HATE
BOGEYMEEEEN

This is why I generate worlds w/ advanced worldgen parameters like having the number of bogeymen turned down to 0. Screw you bogeymen, I'mma travel alone at night if I want.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 15, 2014, 07:05:46 pm »

I
HATE
BOGEYMEEEEN
They're weak against one thing, which is the same thing that cultists are weak against:

Point blank annihilation.

If you don't have a spare can of that, though, you can always use zweihanders and greataxes to cut them in half.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 15, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

My favorite feature so far is the pickable edible plants found in the wild (EDIT) or around houses in hamlets. I tend to stuff a lot of spinach or other edible leaves into the backpack. Grab a bag to fill with a larger amount of water than the waterskins, and you are set for long journeys!

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »

Anyone know what any of the odors you smell are? I smell cooked flesh and that worries me, I'm in a keep.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:35 am »

Is there any way to specify who you shout at? It's annoying being in the middle of like 20 kids and 1 lord, trying to get a quest from the lord, but instead the kids answer. I could be missing something, but I don't think so.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 52