Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109466 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #705 on: July 16, 2014, 12:47:48 am »

Is there any way to specify who you shout at? It's annoying being in the middle of like 20 kids and 1 lord, trying to get a quest from the lord, but instead the kids answer. I could be missing something, but I don't think so.

i was just disapointed when i learnt that all shouting does is put you in a conversation with 1 person i wanted to walk into the taven and anounce my kills to the whole room although wouldent it be easier to just select the lord instead of trying to shout
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 16, 2014, 12:51:04 am »

Is there any way to specify who you shout at? It's annoying being in the middle of like 20 kids and 1 lord, trying to get a quest from the lord, but instead the kids answer. I could be missing something, but I don't think so.

i was just disapointed when i learnt that all shouting does is put you in a conversation with 1 person i wanted to walk into the taven and anounce my kills to the whole room although wouldent it be easier to just select the lord instead of trying to shout

That's what I'm asking. I can't select who to talk to, unless they start the conversation. The only two options are to "Shout out to Everybody" or talk to Urist McDeity.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 16, 2014, 12:52:20 am »

well im trying to set up a fight in arena mode so i can see what combat will be like when morale is fixed but i keep messing up and having to start again

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #708 on: July 16, 2014, 12:52:38 am »

Shouting should pass the information along to everybody in the room, but one person hogs the other end of the conversation right now.  You can use the cursor if you want to select one person and not shout.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 16, 2014, 12:53:11 am »

Tal[k], then move the cursor with the arrow keys. Move it to the lord, and select him.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 16, 2014, 12:53:18 am »

That's what I'm asking. I can't select who to talk to, unless they start the conversation. The only two options are to "Shout out to Everybody" or talk to Urist McDeity.

you need to move the curser to the person you want to talk to same as when looking move it around with the movement keys

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 16, 2014, 12:54:08 am »

Shouting should pass the information along to everybody in the room, but one person hogs the other end of the conversation right now.  You can use the cursor if you want to select one person and not shout.

it should work that way excellent praise the toad i look forward to it been fixed

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #712 on: July 16, 2014, 12:56:41 am »

In case I wasn't clear, the information is being passed along -- I think people have gotten whole rooms to break down crying with a shout, for instance.  It's just that only one person replies verbally.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2014, 01:00:01 am »

In case I wasn't clear, the information is being passed along -- I think people have gotten whole rooms to break down crying with a shout, for instance.  It's just that only one person replies verbally.

oh thats great news thanks for the clarification

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 16, 2014, 01:01:39 am »

well im trying to set up a fight in arena mode so i can see what combat will be like when morale is fixed but i keep messing up and having to start again

hm maybe i should have made my dodge a bit lower so that i could get a better idea of what was going on i should try one with lots of people fighting each other instead of me fighting a heap of far weaker units

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 16, 2014, 01:02:14 am »

Wow, I did not realize that talking still had a cursor attached. *Facepalm* I figured the menu would stop the cursor, but this makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification Toady!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 16, 2014, 01:06:10 am »

Wow, I did not realize that talking still had a cursor attached. *Facepalm* I figured the menu would stop the cursor, but this makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification Toady!

when i first noticed you could talk to your deity i thought it meant that you started on the same square as your deity

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 16, 2014, 01:16:14 am »

hm im going to extract the middle part of that statment and sig it

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 16, 2014, 01:20:07 am »

Also, does anyone know if whips are still as powerful as they used to be? I'd say OP, but they're really the only thing that could keep me alive. Of course, they would also kill me horribly, but that's fun.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 16, 2014, 04:22:56 am »

the still broken fear system means im auctualy gening worlds with boggymen beacause they auctualy fight

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52