Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109445 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #720 on: July 16, 2014, 04:41:46 am »

hm i seem to have found a camp with a building made of goose leather walls i assume its a tent i think thats new
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 16, 2014, 05:17:22 am »

tuypo1, if you're coming back to a thread to add content only a few minutes later, please edit your replies instead of posting again. Thanks!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2014, 05:56:43 am »

hm i seem to have found a camp with a building made of goose leather walls i assume its a tent i think thats new

Yeah, I found a soldier sleeping in a tent out in the wilderness and I climbed in next to him to avoid the bogeymen.  Strangely I didn't need to ask permission first.  He did freak out in the morning though.  Well, I don't blame him :)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2014, 06:17:15 am »

Yeah, I found a soldier sleeping in a tent out in the wilderness and I climbed in next to him to avoid the bogeymen.  Strangely I didn't need to ask permission first.  He did freak out in the morning though.  Well, I don't blame him :)

once i had killed all the goblins inside i went to sleep when i woke up the tent was gone and boggymen were attacking me i guess tents only stay up while the people that set them up are in the area

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2014, 07:58:12 am »

Where have been people gotten robbed? Does it happen more in big cities? I've been running around a human town hoping to run into troublemakers with no luck.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 16, 2014, 12:57:16 pm »

oh my god I'm in love with the new combat, goddamn it's so good.

Though the travel screen is really slow for me now, as is sleeping, while traveling the game will choke every 2 or 3 seconds, is that normal?

The sleeping part I sort of get, it's supposed to be simulating a lot of world stuff at run time now right? maybe its the same for traveling.

Also it's not clear to me yet how to get quests, I talked to a lot of people and they gave me some pointers I guess, but there's nothing in the quest log screen "Q", I would guess they would be in the "agreements" area?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:00:21 pm by onarum »

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 16, 2014, 01:07:21 pm »

Also it's not clear to me yet how to get quests, I talked to a lot of people and they gave me some pointers I guess, but there's nothing in the quest log screen "Q", I would guess they would be in the "agreements" area?
That's not implemented yet
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 16, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »

That's not implemented yet

Actually, it is. But it's only for the specific assignments given out by your hearthlord. (When you ask them if there's anything they need of you, they will give you quests that will show up there. It's just they don't give out quests to hearthpeople at the start of the game, either due to fame reasons or they don't have a quest to do.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:34 am »

the fact that you cant just choose your starting town from a list is starting to get a bit fustrating

also are dwarven fortresses always so empty in adventure mode

oh i found somebody

hm i finaly saw somebody spiting i guess this guy dident like the mayor being replaced by her husband

i think that he became mayor when she became baroness
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:57:44 am by tuypo1 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 17, 2014, 02:16:48 am »

hm so having something to hold onto dosent mean its not safe to stand

oh things auctualy fighting with morale still factoring in i got attacked by some goblins and when i went to kill the last one it fired at me for a while then ran like hell

oh i worked out how to tell if somebodys with a bandit group ask there profesion allthough that may only work on liutenents
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:53:46 am by tuypo1 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 17, 2014, 03:30:40 am »

Actually, it is. But it's only for the specific assignments given out by your hearthlord. (When you ask them if there's anything they need of you, they will give you quests that will show up there. It's just they don't give out quests to hearthpeople at the start of the game, either due to fame reasons or they don't have a quest to do.)

For more mundane tasks, you need to go old school and write down what you need to do and the place. The target area is added to the Q screen when you get the info.

Ie: Commoner tells you about kidnapping, write the name of the victim and the place he was brought to. Then ask about the place, you get either the location or are asked to ask a guide. Write down the name of the guide if needed and ask about him. It is barebones but more natural.

What annoys me is when you start as a dwarf, you struggle to get out of the fort. You'd figure that your character knows about the place he's been living in?

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 17, 2014, 07:00:10 am »

I went on reddit and saw that someone posted a picture when he was underground in a dark fortress.

We have siblings now? Cause this made me happy inside.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 17, 2014, 07:03:03 am »

well thats disappointing i clamed a lair i had cleared out (well i think i have i killed something in the wilderness not long ago that was probably the old owner) but i cant retire the adventurer here

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #733 on: July 17, 2014, 07:05:36 am »

Yeah same problem with me, I claimed a abandoned fortress, but could not retire there. When I retired in the nearest human town I checked legends and noticed that my adventurer had moved into the dwarf fortress that he now was lord of. Kinda silly.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 17, 2014, 07:11:20 am »

Yeah same problem with me, I claimed a abandoned fortress, but could not retire there. When I retired in the nearest human town I checked legends and noticed that my adventurer had moved into the dwarf fortress that he now was lord of. Kinda silly.
well thats still kinda handy maybe toady thinks you need to head into town to get the supplies to set up or something

although that wouldent really make sense for a lair
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:13:18 am by tuypo1 »

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52