Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 113084 times)

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #660 on: July 14, 2014, 07:50:29 am »

I like the fact I can butcher my severed leg and have a gremlin companion. ‼Awesome‼

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 14, 2014, 09:00:00 am »

The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 14, 2014, 10:03:22 am »

yup that's 40.0x in the nutshell right down to confuse look in everyone's face when you come barreling in like a mad man murdering everyone.

also I think I found the first Adventurer King of 40.0x

this kinda explains why his kingdom is just a camp in gobbo lands, he's out murdering goblins for fun.

also Kadol is in a war with the Dead Periwinkle which starter over treatment of plants...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:09:17 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 14, 2014, 01:54:00 pm »

yup that's 40.0x in the nutshell right down to confuse look in everyone's face when you come barreling in like a mad man murdering everyone.

also I think I found the first Adventurer King of 40.0x

this kinda explains why his kingdom is just a camp in gobbo lands, he's out murdering goblins for fun.

also Kadol is in a war with the Dead Periwinkle which starter over treatment of plants...
The Dead Periwinkle. Huh.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:28 pm »

okay I finally got into legends mode and notice something odd about our king wasn't born.

also going into his backlogs well

the kicker about the Playful Guild is it's taken over by elves, the dead periwinkle is Elven government and they kinda teamed up with a bunch of goblin barbarians and stomp out the place.
also it seems that the path to becoming king is to join a camp and work your way up the leadership pole since it seems folks becoming generals then turning into kings and queens.
Kadol became a king of a small camp of a overthrown nation well after being abducted.

So learn something new, this king is a raging badass, and Elves/Goblins are to blame for this kingdom's downfall also it seems to be the first dwarf kingdom aswell.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 14, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »

okay I finally got into legends mode and notice something odd about our king wasn't born.
(IMAGE)
also going into his backlogs well
(IMAGE)
the kicker about the Playful Guild is it's taken over by elves, the dead periwinkle is Elven government and they kinda teamed up with a bunch of goblin barbarians and stomp out the place.
also it seems that the path to becoming king is to join a camp and work your way up the leadership pole since it seems folks becoming generals then turning into kings and queens.
Kadol became a king of a small camp of a overthrown nation well after being abducted.

So learn something new, this king is a raging badass, and Elves/Goblins are to blame for this kingdom's downfall also it seems to be the first dwarf kingdom aswell.
What is the current year?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:46 pm »

125 this is pretty recent.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 14, 2014, 08:39:43 pm »

I can't seem to find any 'quest creatures'. First of all I went to a cave where there was supposed to be a troll or night creature or something, and hung out there for a while. Then I saved the game, hung out until I was nearly dead from thirst and hunger, and gave up and forcequit. Then there was a shrine that was supposed to be containing the world's only titan, but there was no titan there.

Can I track them? Do I follow the wandering asterisks around until I find the right encounter?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Hippocleides

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »

Has anyone noticed how certain NPCs just want to climb the walls? I got to a tower and the necromancer and all his minions were just hugging it over and over.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 14, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

Has anyone noticed how certain NPCs just want to climb the walls? I got to a tower and the necromancer and all his minions were just hugging it over and over.

Were they falling off? I've noticed that when a creature loses it's grip of a wall it really wants to grab on again.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 14, 2014, 09:00:16 pm »

practicing their death from above skills
"body swapping and YOU!"

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 14, 2014, 09:01:05 pm »

I can't seem to find any 'quest creatures'. First of all I went to a cave where there was supposed to be a troll or night creature or something, and hung out there for a while. Then I saved the game, hung out until I was nearly dead from thirst and hunger, and gave up and forcequit. Then there was a shrine that was supposed to be containing the world's only titan, but there was no titan there.

Can I track them? Do I follow the wandering asterisks around until I find the right encounter?

The asterisks are traveling armies. You can fight with armies to kill stuff, if you want.  I think now that the world is actually functioning various megabeasts and lairdwellers are out committing raids and rampages outside of their lairs. I guess that's why Toady implemented tracking, for tracking them down. Capital K turns the tracking UI on.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »

The asterisks are traveling armies. You can fight with armies to kill stuff, if you want.  I think now that the world is actually functioning various megabeasts and lairdwellers are out committing raids and rampages outside of their lairs. I guess that's why Toady implemented tracking, for tracking them down. Capital K turns the tracking UI on.
The asterisks are encounters. They can be wild animals, megabeasts, travelers, or night creatures.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 14, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »

So dual wielding is actually useful now thanks to multi attacks, so I'm currently dual-wielding +bronze longsword+s and it is awesome.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52