Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 45861 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 1
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2014, 04:42:54 pm »

The day ends in not too much longer, people usually don't get on all that often to a mafia game, and there's not quite enough time for me to fix things [that aren't even broken, by the way] at this point.

There is a difference between giving up at day start and knowing when you can't win.

I can't win while alive. My death will give information. *Shrug* as for reputation I don't care at all about reputation.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Gulddom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:45 pm »

Spoiler: anailater (click to show/hide)

Anailater

Spoiler: Frostmoon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scripten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yobbo (click to show/hide)

game ends  less than six hours

Oh... Um... well I guess good game everyone? I didn't know this was a one lynch mafia.
Nerjin: I know this is the internet and all, but it seems like you're coming across are really hostile towards everyone which is not the way I would think to go about proving I'm not scum. Also this bit you posted earlier has been bothering me.
Well, I honestly don't care. All that matters to me is that we get the scum in the end. If I die in the process... Meh. I trust people in the game to play logically. If you see something up with my play then you need to press me on it.
You tell us to press you if we see something suspicious yet you get defensive when we do. And while I'm still suspicious of Blitz, I'm voting for you due to the reasoning you gave in your post.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2014, 04:56:01 pm »

If you think hostility is a bad thing perhaps you should try another board. Hostility happens around here. You get used to it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »

If you think hostility is a bad thing perhaps you should try another board. Hostility happens around here. You get used to it.
((Sorry for cutting in))
No, hostility happens at Wyrdysm. This is hardly hostility.
((Still haven't left for camping, we're delayed by pointless trivialities))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2014, 05:17:07 pm »

Please don't mock the mistypes, Nerjin.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2014, 05:59:15 pm »

Please don't mock the mistypes, Nerjin.

But... but... but... I neeeeeeeeeed to. They mistypes... They call to me!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2014, 06:35:45 pm »

Nerjin:
In my opinion your vote is a loaded gun. You should use it only if you are certain someone is scum or you want to pressure them. Just voting to vote is annoying and makes me view that person as trying to put on an act.
How can you get someone to slip up if they don't at least think you're putting pressure on them? (serious question)

As i'm not voting you, you must be awful calm in your potentially scummy little world there.
Admittedly it wasn't very clear that this was directed at you, but with all the telling us to quote, i figured you'd actually look at the author of the quotes.

I bet if i had put your name in nice shiny red font you would have paid attention to it.

Fun fact, I'm human. I miss things sometimes. Go figure right?

Yeah it could've been more obvious.

Still isn't that another non-pressure non-serious way to use a vote, to say "hey i actually really want you to answer this and not miss it"?

You still haven't actually answered the question -.-

Quote from: Same thing
You used your lime text for the gun metaphor this time so i'll assume it's a general belief you have and not trying to scare newbies away from voting. But so far in this game everyone has already shown that they take votes very seriously indeed, and hardly anyone has actually been using them. Also my vote was very clearly intended to put pressure on anailater. So why did you feel the need to talk about voting to vote and try to direct people away from using the one tool most of them have to find and lynch scum?

The reason you all take the votes seriously is because you're still in the 'holy crepes a vote! I must forsooth do something!!!' stage of playing. After you've played a couple games you might come to appreciate the difference.

I'm less here to win, and more here to teach you guys stuff to the best of my abilities. Obviously I'm doing a poor job, or you just refuse to accept that I might have a point when I say that you should be a bit more careful with your vote.

I think i do get your pont, but i don't like the way you used that point. Sure that's what you believe and it's probably true that people get desensitized to votes as time goes on. But i don't think there was any need to put that point in the places you did other than to try to make people scared of voting and doubting themselves.

Also being voted is probably always going to feel different depending on whether you're town or scum. Because you know which one you really are.

Quote from: Also the same thing
Also:
The scumness of multiple suspicions decrease as the game goes by, as people die and behaviours become more traceable, but it's definitely suspicious and risky(Unless you know who everyone is) to suspect multiple people.
Also I have a question, what do you think us the best way to avoid being night killed?

No, it isn’t. It’s perfectly fine to be suspicious of multiple people at once in the early game. Especially day 1 where all you really have to go on are gut reads and the like. As the game goes on you can focus more on specific people AND you have more information to go on. So no multiple suspicions isn’t scummy.

Also, I like that question. Why did you ask it?
If anailater was actually a town power role and asking this in order to subtly get advice (which i don't think is necessarily the case), pressing him over why he asked it would be a very scummy thing to do indeed. So, why are you doing something that at very least is anti-town?

I hope it is obvious that i am not just voting to vote here, but actually find your behaviour actively scummy.

How is it scummy? I'm genuinely curious as to why he asked the question. Motivation is an important factor in most cases I find.

It is, actually, not obvious at all as you do not explain why my actions are scummy. But that's fine I suppose. Beginner's Mafia and all.
I thought i did explain. There was already a lot of talk about how trying to figure out what roles people have it like pointing out who scum should kill in the night. And that's exactly what it looked like you were doing. Either trying to figure out who you should kill in the night or asking a dangerous question that town shouldn't be asking. And as you're an IC i figure you know that. Which is why it looks scummy to me.

The day ends in not too much longer, people usually don't get on all that often to a mafia game, and there's not quite enough time for me to fix things [that aren't even broken, by the way] at this point.

There is a difference between giving up at day start and knowing when you can't win.

I can't win while alive. My death will give information. *Shrug* as for reputation I don't care at all about reputation.
What did you mean by things not being broken? That voting you is the right thing to do? :/

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Signups closed)
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »

Deathsword:
So now you'll suspect yourself as scum, right :P?
But of course. In fact, I might very well vote for myself during the Lynch.
This was a joke. Also, power blackouts. Had you checked you might have noticed I wasn't online, and probably won't be for the next few days.
Gulddom: Perhaps. Playing dumb would certainly be a viable tactic.
Deathsword: that was a joke. You may or may not have heard of the concept.
Blitz: While I know I've already made some myself, do you think it's a good idea to make jokes when it's your life on the line?
A very good idea. What, am I supposed to be super serious all day, everyday?
Second Deathsword: You also seem very quick to blame me for active lurking without checking your facts. Care to explain why?
Guddom already said it, but which facts? You were just posting about how you had nothing to do (you did, hunting and all that, but already went over that) because no one was asking you stuff, and now you are complaining about people getting "facts" wrong without saying which facts. Also, you are expected to have a bit of seriousness when playing this game. Saying you were joking after people call you out on stuff looks a lot like a lazy excuse to make people disregard your slips. You complain people don't pay attention to you, then ask people to do your job, and when people call you stuff you say you were just "joking" and that they are "wrong" without even saying why.

Illgeo and Deathsword: What made Blitz look so scummy? Just a lot of low content posts? How is that different from a new town player wanting to participate but not knowing how to get the ball rolling?
Above is the answer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »

Before day's end, I'd like to put up a quick list of other players and my basic read on them. I'll clarify why I've put anyone in the place I have if you all would like to know. Anyone else care to put up some reads before night comes?

-Most Scummy-
Nerjin
BlitzDungeoneer
Illgeo
anailater/Gulddom
Deathsword
yobbo
Frostmoon
-Most Town-

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »

Nerjin - most scummy

Deathsword, Illgeo - lurking, not answering questions
Scripten, Frostmoon - i don't think i could tell if they were/are mafia
Blitz - thought was town but now not sure
Guiddom - low activity but posts don't seem bad

anailater - i think would've responded to me much differently if scum

everyone in between nerjin and anailater i'm not sure about at all.

i've seen people post reads like this a lot so i assume it's a good thing to do, but can someone explain to me why it's not just giving scum a running tally of exactly how they're doing?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2014, 09:41:08 pm »

The day has ended!

No more speaking past this point!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2014, 12:06:58 am »

Thank you MOWE.

I'll do flavor and a proper vote count tomorrow.

Nerjin has been lynched.

He was a Vanilla Townie.

Night has begun. It will end when I get all actions or Monday at 9 am PST, whichever comes first.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Night 1
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:04 pm »

When morning came, the council assembled once more, but one was missing.  Master gulddom, one of your number, is gone.  A quick search of his rooms reveals his scorched body sprawled across the floor, his lightsaber close at hand.

gulddom has died!  He was a vanilla townie.

Day 2 has begun!  The day will end at 7 pm PST on 7/17.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 2
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »

Well that couldn't have gone any worse....
Blitz:Your opinion on the situation?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 2
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:43 pm »

I am dead but I am one with the force so I am able to give advice regardless! How lucky for each of you guys. But first, a bit of a bah post.

DAMN IT!!!

But just know that I will be watching you and am now entirely neutral. I will pipe in when I have a thing to say yo. Good luck for now though and don't forget you need to TALK and BE ACTIVE to win town.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24