Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51661 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2014, 12:59:11 pm »

Ketari grinned. The hunt was on. She rose from the squalid bed and clapped her hands sharply to wake the gravekeeper.
"Our corpse-cutter is patchwork beast indeed, a being made from dead assembled. It has a key - how does it have such an item? It headed towards the dockyards. Change your locks, corpse-keeper, and I shall find the beast myself."

With that, and if he had few words, she swept from the room. Her steps swiftly carried her to the freshly mangled dead, and she breathed in the scents. In her hands was the rat - and she smiled, weaving magic throughout the beast, enhancing it's intelligence and already impressive senses. It's coat changed - the fur was now the same brilliant green-blue of Ketari's feathers, and she placed it on her shoulder.
"Breathe in the scent, little one." She told it, and it memorised the scent of the animal mix, blood and rot. And once more she was off - she let the mouse on her shoulder follow the trail to the inn and beyond, any passerbys moving out the way of the tall, striding goddess. As she walked, her mind wondered of this corpse-creature: had she heard of such a undead thing before? It was likely they were making a man-corpse now, rather than the pieces of beasts.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2014, 02:11:35 pm »

'If you are willing, gather your weapons, your family, and we will depart. Or walk away, Sarah - if you wish to continue living in a world where men are slaughtered in the night with no honor. A world where your daughter will grow in fear of tyrants, a world where cowardice and cruelty reign. The gods will not make this offer twice.'

Sarah takes a knee, and falls silent for a long moment, contemplating your offer and her circumstances. "Forge me as you will then." She eventually answers. "I know not if I am ready for such a remaking, but I would not be able to live with myself should I turned you down.

She rises to her feet once more. "My daughter is at home behind the walls of Kiatown. I shall fetch her. My husband rests in the Catacombs below, so with your permission, I would leave him where he is. My weapons are not my own, but the armies', so unless you intend to have me back before the end of my leave, I must return them, or suffer further dishonor as a thief."

The soldier cranes her neck to look up into your eyes. "Will you accompany me back to town Lord? Or shall I meet you somewhere after making my preparations?"

Ketari grinned. The hunt was on. She rose from the squalid bed and clapped her hands sharply to wake the gravekeeper.
"Our corpse-cutter is patchwork beast indeed, a being made from dead assembled. It has a key - how does it have such an item? It headed towards the dockyards. Change your locks, corpse-keeper, and I shall find the beast myself."

With that, and if he had few words, she swept from the room. Her steps swiftly carried her to the freshly mangled dead, and she breathed in the scents. In her hands was the rat - and she smiled, weaving magic throughout the beast, enhancing it's intelligence and already impressive senses. It's coat changed - the fur was now the same brilliant green-blue of Ketari's feathers, and she placed it on her shoulder.
"Breathe in the scent, little one." She told it, and it memorised the scent of the animal mix, blood and rot. And once more she was off - she let the mouse on her shoulder follow the trail to the inn and beyond, any passerbys moving out the way of the tall, striding goddess. As she walked, her mind wondered of this corpse-creature: had she heard of such a undead thing before? It was likely they were making a man-corpse now, rather than the pieces of beasts.

The undertaker thanks you profusely, and vows to buy a new lock and have another peafowl offered to you at the temple. Your actions seem to have been enough to satisfy his prayer, as you suddenly feel a surge of strange energy course through your body...

+1 Prayer Energy

There are many scents of death in the vault, but the one you suspect to belong to the corpse mangler smells not of death at all; You detect the odor of goat, cow, and some identified scents, perhaps local fauna, combined into the smell of the composite creature.

The rat is overtaken by your power; Its brain swells in power, until it reaches the point where it even surpasses that of most Bellians. Although now freed from its binding (it had reported back as asked), it is grateful for the investment of power and happily agrees to continue helping.

It leads you past the Inn, down a dark alleyway, through a warehouse, down a well concealed ladder, and through a dark and damp tunnel. Eventually you arrive at a large and sturdy vaulted door, marked with strange runes. You can sense several sources of power just beyond this portal, but your neither your physical might or now nearly empty pool of divine energy is enough to force an entry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2014, 04:12:05 pm »

Pyrite shook his head, chuckling.

"Bait? How unsavory."

He grinned widely, running a finger down the side of her masked face.

"Still, you took the risk, you get the rewards. Your 'peers' have their answer, you have my interest."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2014, 04:52:30 pm »

Tulwor couldn't resist a pleased smile. Acting like some stuck-up king with their oh-so-important proclamations wasn't something he enjoyed too much. He meant what he said, but he'd make plenty of time for celebration as well.

'A good choice,' he said. 'I'll come with you, if you wish. Leave the weapons, then - you'll have plenty from my forges. Let us be on our way quickly, mortal. I tire of this shore.'

---
Accompany Sarah to the city in disguise. If no further complications arise, take her and her daughter to Chell and depart for the Castle.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2014, 05:27:36 pm »

Ketari regarded the door with interest, but her hackles were raised being so far underground. No creature of dark depths was she - the bird in her blood longed for open air and bright sunlight, though in truth she hated to think of the feathers that were part of the makeup - she'd tried to devour herself once, and her mother had discovered her with mouth dripping iridescent blood. She wondered if she still had the scars, then realised her mind was wandering away from her location.
"Well, Sarranid, this is a mystery, yes?" She whispered, naming the rat. But if this door was enough to stave off her might, she decided caution was the best option, and retreated out into the sun, leaving no trace that she had once stood in front of the runed portal.

She decided to return to the Castle, her mind flicking between plans, daydreams, and hunger. She ignored the run down docks as the tall goddess strode to the docks, there to meet Chell. She looked around for the apprentice sailor.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2014, 05:49:14 pm »

Pyrite shook his head, chuckling.

"Bait? How unsavory."

He grinned widely, running a finger down the side of her masked face.

"Still, you took the risk, you get the rewards. Your 'peers' have their answer, you have my interest."

"Bait would imply I mean you harm." She smiles, her fear and confidence both spiking, as if she is planning to take a risk. "we both know that would be foolish of me. Consider it something to look forward to. Even the gods need that, right?"

The elementalist then raises her hand, and sticks her pointer finger in your mouth. It tastes as you might expect a Bellian finger to, albeit a bit more tangy. She likely has some misfit blood, three generations back.

She drops her voice, and rises to her tiptoes to whisper in your ear. "Take a moment, and commit my flesh to memory. Sight, smell, and taste. Next time you choose to publicly share your pleasure with this town, I will attend without my mask, and without showing off. I will seek to share my pleasure with you specifically, and if you recognize the unmasked girl as the elementalist you met today, we can talk... among other things... for as long as we wish."

The caster holds her position, giving you ample time to examine her.

Tulwor couldn't resist a pleased smile. Acting like some stuck-up king with their oh-so-important proclamations wasn't something he enjoyed too much. He meant what he said, but he'd make plenty of time for celebration as well.

'A good choice,' he said. 'I'll come with you, if you wish. Leave the weapons, then - you'll have plenty from my forges. Let us be on our way quickly, mortal. I tire of this shore.'

---
Accompany Sarah to the city in disguise. If no further complications arise, take her and her daughter to Chell and depart for the Castle.

Sarah leads you into the city, to the run down part of town in which the the low ranking conscripts tend to live. Her house is a simple one room flat with a firepit for cooking and hammocks for sleeping. Her three year old daughter June gets by by collecting food from a nearby merchant whom Sarah pays in advance. Other than that the girl more or less is on her own while mother is away.

The girl is collected without much fuss; She is far too young to understand what is happening. You then head to the docks, signal for Chell, and bring the humans back to the castle with you.

+New Resource: June, Bellian Child
+New Resource: Sarah, Bellian Conscript

Ketari regarded the door with interest, but her hackles were raised being so far underground. No creature of dark depths was she - the bird in her blood longed for open air and bright sunlight, though in truth she hated to think of the feathers that were part of the makeup - she'd tried to devour herself once, and her mother had discovered her with mouth dripping iridescent blood. She wondered if she still had the scars, then realised her mind was wandering away from her location.
"Well, Sarranid, this is a mystery, yes?" She whispered, naming the rat. But if this door was enough to stave off her might, she decided caution was the best option, and retreated out into the sun, leaving no trace that she had once stood in front of the runed portal.

She decided to return to the Castle, her mind flicking between plans, daydreams, and hunger. She ignored the run down docks as the tall goddess strode to the docks, there to meet Chell. She looked around for the apprentice sailor.

Chell meets you at the docks with a smile. "Find what ya were looking for madam?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2014, 06:14:54 pm »

"That I did, my dear little sailor." She smiled back, obviously pleased. "Though I also found a new mystery, yes.

But now I have a small request of you, my little one. Tour me round the islands, as I have not visited them, only the Castle. Tell me anything of interest about them, even if you know little, as I know almost none."

She had plans. She'd tour the islands that gave boons to the castle, see the terrain, the life and any secrets that they hold. If there were any beasts, maybe she could  make some new servants? She could do with some hunting beasts if she took up that noble on the hunting expedition. And being backed by fangs was always helpful.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:21:45 pm by GiglameshDespair »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2014, 07:09:04 pm »

"Heh, I meant their use of you. Of course even the gods love treats."

He inhaled deeply, beginning his deep analysis with her scent. He had every intention of recognizing her when next they met.

"I look forward to our next meeting," he said when he had finished. "I'm sure it shall prove both enjoyable and productive for both of us."

-

Pyrite was rather pleased with himself on the trip home. His festival had proven both enjoyable and successful, with a few obnoxious exceptions. He twitched an eye remembering one of them, but brushed that aside; he'd already resolved to get his sister's counsel on it.

That thought reminded him of his diminutive guide, and he cocked his head at her inquisitively.

"Chell, do you age?" he asked.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2014, 06:26:41 am »

Tulwor returned to the Castle satisfied. The woman and her daughter were not the finest or strongest of mortals, but with enough work, even low-quality ore could be moulded and purified into steel. He chatted amiably with Chell on their return, but his mind was already on the work to come. Once on the shores of the Castle, he chose a space devoid of construction, and set to work.

He had promised to pass the woman through a crucible, and that he would do. Training and practice made able warriors out of even the meekest peasants - though the methods of mortals were so far removed from real experience and real danger they would never be quite enough. But something created by a god... he could forge heroes, here.

Tulwor took his hammer to the Castle walls, knocking and reshaping them where the space was unused. Great halls would rise from his blows; no masterworks of artifice, but sturdy, rough places of utility and strength.

Into these halls he fashioned tracks, arenas of sand, obstacles and training courses, rooms full of dummies that would strike you back; tests of ice, wind, fire, where any misstep invited scorching heat and flames; rooms which would test your endurance, your agility, your determination; cages for all manner of beasts and foes - and Tulwor intended to fill them from the creatures of this Isle, some day. Tracks of spinning blades and clubs, walls and floors which moved, rooms where only a narrow ledge crossed across a great fall. Other chambers he fashioned full of training weapons and armor of all types, and space for more.

It would be a death-trap, to attempt all at once - but those training here would advance by steps, besting each challenge in turn. They would find themselves learning and becoming stronger faster than in mortal lands, imbued with the energy of the place.

The work would take its time, but Tulwor set on it with fervor and relentless blows of his hammer.

---

2 Miracles: Tulwor builds the Crucible in the empty spaces of Newbellum Castle. The Crucible is a great training hall, built to test those braving it in every way - though not outright trying to kill them. It also allows them to improve themselves physically and by learning much faster than normal.

Those trying it are not allowed out before they have been 'reforged' - become strong and able. Tulwor judges this to be when they are brave enough to stand up to him and claim they are done - and defeat a great foe of his choosing.

Sarah gets the priviledge of being the first contender.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2014, 09:28:28 am »

Auratus had to suppress the urge to smirk. With even a simple man immediately fearing his wrath, it would seem that some of the stories involving him and his actions on the mainland were either known beforehand, or spread here recently. For all it was worth, he was sure to  use it in his favour at later times.

But true enough, he had opinions on his own about the different faction and families. He doubted that many of accursed House Skullcrest would worship him, and strongly assumed the feelings to be mutual. While he would have had a slight obligation towards House Aluorthin, that they had joined the previous house in the Nexus Party, relinquished any duty that he might have felt towards them. Even more so, as their whole cause was not in his interest, or rather exactly what his mother had feared. The Mercede Cause was quite lost on him, for it was not only Skullcrest which had spilled dragon blood in the war before time, on whichs' achievements they based their claims. The founding of a Republic looked like some sort of gamble to him, one not worth his time at that. All in all, he actually fancied none of the factions. But the mortal would only need to be told of his decision, not the whole intent or reason behind it. If he was able to deter the Nexus Party, it would be good enough.

" So you leave it to my discretion? Very well, then you shall hear it. To keep it short – the methods employed by the Nexus Party, has garnered them disapproval with some of the gods. I have yet to see one of them speak fondly for their cause. For the Populi, Ketemos seems interested in doing so, but until now, he is on his own in that endeavour. The Mercede Party has not only Herald Hialarth  on their side, but seemingly also curried the favour of Pyrite through her. If you get my blessing to join them, they will have both heralds of Kiatown on their side, and two of the gods. Unless Pyrite changes his mind, or the other three gods want to form a Republic, they are bound to win, and you with them. As your son doesn't have to scheme against the other herald, your life will also be filled with less intrigues, with the greatest chances of success one that is unable to see the future can predict. " The man had shown enough wit to fear a test, so Auratus assumed that he would be able to follow what he had said. If not, he was not about to repeat it either.

" Let your children marry into either the Houses of Wildefair, Nightcharm, Riptide, and – if you don't fear their jinx - House Infelix. That would be the answer that I give you. " He looked at the man, intent on gauging his reactions.

~

The dragon waited for everyone to say his piece, before addressing them accordingly to their current rank.

" It seems I will have to accept your decision. For as long as you don't try to hinder my efforts, you will stay a welcome guest and – at times – ruler of this town. I am well aware that if I were to pressure you into my service, you would be gone with the next tide. Trust me that I am above such foolishness. You looking the other way shall satisfy me. "

Looking at the Dread Pirate, he tapped his claws on the table, mulling over what the other had said.
" Your concerns and honesty seem well placed. Even then, I don't plan on haphazardly attacking every Pirate Lord that is not willing to give up his current deity. How many would still dare to come here if I did? But once they cross the line, either by attacking my temples or followers, they will have to face my wrath in full. I am sure that a few of them will have to serve as example, but if we prepare for it, the damage they might wreak won't be something we couldn't bear. "

He pondered the issue, and found the old pirate to be right. Without a guard to protect his temple, it was begging to be vandalized. Without any form of protection, any kind of priest or acolyte that would openly favour him, would also beg to be killed. A guard would be needed, true enough.
" Obviously, any kind of standing guard would dissuade them from doing so in the first place, and acquiring enough men for it will be crucial. For now though, an improvised guard will have to do. I trust that you would be more than able to. The question is if you would be willing to. "

After receiving his answer, and likely giving one of his own in return, he faced the gargoyle.
" If I am able to accept bellians, who have murdered so many of my kin in The War before time, do you think I were to refuse one of those races that have not sinned in such ways? Prove your worth to me, and I will hear your prayers. "

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:24 pm »

"Heh, I meant their use of you. Of course even the gods love treats."

He inhaled deeply, beginning his deep analysis with her scent. He had every intention of recognizing her when next they met.

"I look forward to our next meeting," he said when he had finished. "I'm sure it shall prove both enjoyable and productive for both of us."

There are several distinctive elements to the girl's odor. She should be easy to pick out on scent alone unless she chooses to get heavy handed with a different perfume next time. Her digestive system smells more like Ketari's than it does any mortal you have recently met; You guess her diet consists almost entirely of wild game birds. She smells strongly of coal and ash, so you suspect that she lives under the same roof as a forge or other furnace. Your nose also detects some sort of abnormal growth in her liver, which although makes her very distinct to a close smell test, could prove very problematic to her health if it is cancerous.

After giving you the time you need to examine her, the caster gives your shoulder an affectionate squeeze and then exits the festival with something between a truly mighty leap and true flight.

2 Miracles: Tulwor builds the Crucible in the empty spaces of Newbellum Castle. The Crucible is a great training hall, built to test those braving it in every way - though not outright trying to kill them. It also allows them to improve themselves physically and by learning much faster than normal.

Those trying it are not allowed out before they have been 'reforged' - become strong and able. Tulwor judges this to be when they are brave enough to stand up to him and claim they are done - and defeat a great foe of his choosing.

Sarah gets the privilege of being the first contender.

The walls of the castle melt and warp at your touch, and a fierce combination of hazards, constructs, and other tests are built in a matter of hours by your skilled hand. You leave space to store any monsters or beasts you might capture on the island, so that they may be used as part of the test. After a brief test to make sure all the parts are working correctly, you lead Sarah inside, and bid her to begin training...

+Castle Improvement: The Crucible
Sarah has been moved from Open Storage to the Crucible!

"Let your children marry into either the Houses of Wildefair, Nightcharm, Riptide, and – if you don't fear their jinx - House Infelix. That would be the answer that I give you. " He looked at the man, intent on gauging his reactions.

The elder Messel nods in brief contemplation, before going over the letters on the table in front of them and throwing more than half into his cooking fire. "If that is your advice, then I am left with these options..."

He slides the remaining letters across the table to you. "If it pleases you lord, look them over. My trust in this matter is in you completely. While you are at it, feel free to advise me on what portion of the Bride Price I will draw should be tithed to yourself or your pantheon in general. I owe you for both my son's return and my increase in status, and I am not the sort to be ingrateful."

Betrothal Offers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The dragon waited for everyone to say his piece, before addressing them accordingly to their current rank...

Kell remains quiet and thoughtful as you address her, but speaks up when you mention a temple to Scion. "What do you have in mind for a temple?" She asks, "I will gladly cover the land, and make a solid contribution towards the construction cost just to show that there is no ill will between us. If what you have in mind isn't too extravagant, I might even pay for the whole thing. It may be poor form for me to worship you openly, but I do like your plan for the town."

A smile cracks the face of the old pirate as you ask his help. "As a man who keeps 'is coinpurse close to his heart, I would have to demand that you make guard duty worth my while, and as a man currently in the presense of a god, I will 'ave to humbly plead that ya don't do so by sayin' 'do it or else.'"

He grips the arm of his chair tightly, and continues. "I was planning on setting sail next month, joining forces with Jeter and Deltrox, an' sacking the city of Volcano. I hear tell that King Duncan Skullcrest, and most of his men, have set out ta beat off some Barbarians. At my age, I fear I may not get another chance to make a direct attack on a Bellian Citystate, so I regret to inform yer glory that my price for forsaking my brethren Dread Pirates, and passing up this opportunity, will be high."

Rook, when addressed, looks you dead in the eye. "Just tell me how that may be done. I have long since served the purpose that I was created for, and earning the favor of a new god for Gargoylekind would be a feat unrivaled in significance by anything else that I may do in my life. If the rumors of your people's great hunger for treasure are true, might your affection be for sale? Or do you have a specific test in mind for me?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:50:00 pm by Weirdsound »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »

"That I did, my dear little sailor." She smiled back, obviously pleased. "Though I also found a new mystery, yes.

But now I have a small request of you, my little one. Tour me round the islands, as I have not visited them, only the Castle. Tell me anything of interest about them, even if you know little, as I know almost none."

She had plans. She'd tour the islands that gave boons to the castle, see the terrain, the life and any secrets that they hold. If there were any beasts, maybe she could  make some new servants? She could do with some hunting beasts if she took up that noble on the hunting expedition. And being backed by fangs was always helpful.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

"I'm back!" Pyrite announced cheerfully on arriving at the castle. Presumably only his sister and possibly any gods who had business with him would care, but he was in a good mood anyway. "My masculine wiles bought me a lavish necklace and my festival was productive and enjoyable. How'd everyone else fare?"

It only occurred to him on saying it out loud that he'd (successfully) done little except debauch that month.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »

Gargoyle...interesting creatures. Mother had never given a clear answer as to why they or the other races had not been allowed to blend in with Bellian society. Regardless, Ketemos currently lacked the means to inquire further. For now, he would check on the other gods. Hopefully, their actions had made a change for the better in the colony.

Leaving his room, Ketemos made his way for Tulwor's new construct; he hoped that this training centre of his would pave the way for greater success. As he walked down the hall, he noticed his brother was back.

"I'm back!" Pyrite announced cheerfully on arriving at the castle. Presumably only his sister and possibly any gods who had business with him would care, but he was in a good mood anyway. "My masculine wiles bought me a lavish necklace and my festival was productive and enjoyable. How'd everyone else fare?"

"Hmm...well I found dear Auratus in Selma's Gate sometime ago; quite the crowd around him. Even one of mother's gargoyle's was with him...although I'd guess that a golden dragon would obviously be well received in a town of pirates..."

"As for Tulwor...well I was just going to see his latest construct now. Seems he's built a training centre of some kind. He calls it the 'Crucible'. He's got someone going it through now."

Pausing for a bit, Ketemos queried. "Any news from Kiatown?"

Put a miracle in the Miracle Bank.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:25:03 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 12:59:25 am »

Chell nods and grins back. "Sure thing, Sister of my Brother, I gotta warn ya, they be pretty empty though... Clammor figured that you'd want to fill em up yourselves."

After the tour, it becomes rather clear that Chell was telling the truth. Sandy and Frozen Domains are flat, rising only a couple feet above sea level. Sunken Domain, although unusual, is merely a hole in the ocean exposing the flat seafloor. Labyrinth Domain is flat above the surface, and the tunnels below are all, for the most part, uniform at 15 feet high and 15 feet wide; The entire island seems to be made of concrete. Rocky Domain is perhaps the most topographically interesting, and even then, you have seen tall craggy mountains before.

Clammor didn't put any life on the islands when he created them, but a few opportunistic weeds and birds have already moved in to all the islands except for the ones of Ice and Concrete. Sunken domain is also home to some simple beach and tidepool life such as hermit crabs.

After showing you around, Chell offers a shrug. "Told ya it wasn't much? Are ya gonna fix that?"

It only occurred to him on saying it out loud that he'd (successfully) done little except debauch that month.

"It smells like you have been using your masculine wiles, and I don't even want to know what that is stuck on your beard," Vellia complains in a manner that is only half sarcastic, "I'll draw you a nice bath, and you can tell me all the juicy details okay?"

At that exact moment, however, Ketemos enters the room, and begins to engage Pyrite in conversation. The filth banisher sighs, and waits for the brothers to finish talking before dragging Pyrite away...

...After filling the tub with water, carefully instructing you on where to scrub, and gleefully listening to the explicit and juicy details of some of the festival's encounters, Vellia places her elbows on the edge of the tub and her chin in her cupped hands before offering you a smile that is shy and somewhat frightened and speaking softly. "So... Find anything for me to fail at hunting father?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39