Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51593 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 06:26:03 pm »

Else he would most likely exchange a glance towards the other dragon in attendance. Actually, he would do so either way.

Corusu's expression remains unchanged, but he does emit a low grumble and exhale a light, fluffy, cloud from his nose.

"Ah, Dennis, faithful one! Tell me, how do you get that which you need? The blood?"

Dennis smiles, as if he knew where this question might be going. "Same way an animal does. I kill for it. There is a difference though, between me and the lion or the bear or the shark... I cannot be sated. The more I drink and kill, the stronger the urge to drink and kill becomes. The instinct of the natural thing is to preserve the balance of nature. The instinct of the unnatural thing is to ruin it. As I am unnatural, my instincts are best ignored for as long as possible."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 06:34:20 pm »

"Could you get the blood from a corpse? What powers did your sire grant you? I know little of you and your fellows and the birds tell me secrets but few."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »

After making sure that Pyrite had left, and no-one else was trying to interrupt his current venture, Auratus faced towards the storm dragon. Before talking, he even bowed in front of the beast which dwarved him not only in size, but also in might and experience. Needless to say, it was more of a slight bow, but still far lower than he would ever would in front of a god.

" Greetings, my kin. If we had known in advance that I would find you here, I am sure that my mother would have had a message that I would deliver in her stead, but I hope that you are fond of our meeting none the less. Mind you, obviously not fond of the circumstances - the gods prove themself every bit as cruel as I would have heard. "

The - at least in comparison undoubtedly - youngling shook his head, as if to dissipate a thought.

" No, let us not speak of bitter things - unless you wish to do so - but rather about those things that may delight us. From what I heard, we have some common ancestry, though the finer details currently elude me - as mentioned, we did not foresee this encounter. "

At that point the golden dragon held back, gauging the other for his reaction. Albeit he had taken it as a joke before, there was no telling how his elder would react. He did not really expect to suddenly recieve the same treatment like the gods did, but the previous silence, while better than being insulted, might not only be out of sympathy.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:29 pm »

"No need to be calling me 'sir' Chell; we're family...even if only by our common father."

"Speaking of which, how well do you know father? Has he been treating you good? Or perhaps you consider dear old Mortus more as a father?"

He wondered if Abbey had ever raised a child responsibly...probably brought her gifts and left her to fend for herself...

She freezes briefly, her composure very briefly shattered, but recovers quickly.

"Mortus is my father. Fate has liberated me from the circumstance of my birth. I mean ya no offense sir, but I would rather not dwell on the circumstances of our kinship."

She begins to climb the mast of her ship, perhaps to get further from you, or perhaps to perform some minor adjustment on the sail. "If you are truly as wise as they, my not wanting to answer should be answer enough." The girl calls down.

"Could you get the blood from a corpse? What powers did your sire grant you? I know little of you and your fellows and the birds tell me secrets but few."

"No." The priest replies, "the causing of harm is as important as the physical drinking of blood. It has to become weaker for me grow stronger, and you can't get any weaker than dead. In theory I could drink a bit, but stop before I kill, but my instincts are too strong to suppress while I'm actually drinking."

He leans on his walking stick, and pauses briefly before continuing. "As for the powers my condition grants me, I can step between shadows as a mortal would stones in a stream. I can weave glammors and other illusions to befuddle lesser minds. I can even take an animal form, but the one my sire blessed me with is not one I'd assume lightly in your presence... Use of these powers makes my thirst even harder to resist. There are other powers too, but they would require my complete and utter surrender to my unnatural nature, and if I did that, I would be unable to serve you or any of the gods I love."

"Oinkiny? I've a few questions for you. Where do you get your food, does Corusu eat, how often does my sister bother you about messes, and do you have any insights into our current situation?"

The obese barbarian beast is found lounging on a great sofa in a room off to the side of the kitchen. He nods his head as you approach, in what perhaps would have been a bow if Oinkiny was standing.

"Not even a "'ello to you"?" The chef complains, before grumbling a few seconds and getting to your questions. "They gave me back my ability to materialize things, well sort of, I can only do non-living organic matter. If you bring me sometin, I'll cook it though. I did a few feasts with your father, who has better manners than you by the way, and used to enjoy a mortal or two myself back in the day."

He scratches his nose. "Eating and shitting are about the only two things that dragon does 'round here. That and something about preventing the islands from being defiled... As for the girl, she cleans my chair when I am cooking, and cleans my kitchen when I am sitting, so we have no quarrel."

The pig pauses for a second in thought when asked about the situation, before answering, but not in the way you would expect. "The Orcs are very tough... have ta marinate em and slow roast em. Harpies taste like something between poultry and Bellian, kinda like you'd expect - boney and hard to catch though, not worth the effort unless you can sneak up on a bunch of them. That said, if you can catch a nursing nest matron... well lets just say Harpy Chick boiled in Harpy Milk is one of my new favorite foods."

After making sure that Pyrite had left, and no-one else was trying to interrupt his current venture, Auratus faced towards the storm dragon. Before talking, he even bowed in front of the beast which dwarved him not only in size, but also in might and experience. Needless to say, it was more of a slight bow, but still far lower than he would ever would in front of a god.

" Greetings, my kin. If we had known in advance that I would find you here, I am sure that my mother would have had a message that I would deliver in her stead, but I hope that you are fond of our meeting none the less. Mind you, obviously not fond of the circumstances - the gods prove themself every bit as cruel as I would have heard. "

The - at least in comparison undoubtedly - youngling shook his head, as if to dissipate a thought.

" No, let us not speak of bitter things - unless you wish to do so - but rather about those things that may delight us. From what I heard, we have some common ancestry, though the finer details currently elude me - as mentioned, we did not foresee this encounter. "

At that point the golden dragon held back, gauging the other for his reaction. Albeit he had taken it as a joke before, there was no telling how his elder would react. He did not really expect to suddenly recieve the same treatment like the gods did, but the previous silence, while better than being insulted, might not only be out of sympathy.

The Storm Dragon looks slowly into your eyes with a piercing gaze and a deep frown. He remains silent for another good half minute. Then inhales. Then speaks.

"I fear speaking of Joyous things is beyond my ability. My tongue is as bound as the rest of my body. I am forbidden from divulging the secrets and history of our blood, conspiring for my freedom, or plotting revenge. And if you are anything like your mother, any other topic will be trivial and not worth your time."

With a sigh, Corusu closes his eyes and speaks again, but this time in his true voice. The Draconic language is one of your species many sources of pride; It is spoken and perceived as much with the soul as it is with the senses, and as such direct translations into other tongues are nearly impossible. The spiritual nature of the tongue means that no two speakers speak it in the same way.

The Storm dragon's voice and diction are entirely different from your mother's, they are the sounds of a creature wild, fearless, and unrestrained. The sort of creature to whom life is a game and the world is but a plaything. Corusu's words, however, are nearly the opposite of his dialect; Instead of concrete ideas, his nearly minute long monologue merely expresses emotions. Two of them. More clear and intense than you have ever witnessed them expressed before: Despair and Hatred.

The effect is awesome. You mother explained that hearing a dragon speak fluently with its true voice for the first time was always and inspiring experience; She also discouraged you from speaking the language yourself, for without other native speakers as examples and influences, she feared your Draconic would turn out to be a cheap mockery of her own. 

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 08:38:02 pm »

So much for being wise...But at least I know that father was not good to this one either.

"I...did not mean to hurt. Sometimes my curiousity is too much. I will...try not to be so crass...but just let me say that He will be punished one day."

With a awkwardness Ketemos had hoped he had ridded himself years ago, he made it clear why he was here.

"I...need passage to Selma's Gate. I will try not to make a nuisance of myself when during the trip."

The trip was an uncomfortable one for both the captain and her passenger with little discussion besides what was necessary. Once they finally arrived, Ketemos donned a disguise of a middle-aged man and descended into the pirate town. He nodded to Chell as he left, hoping that they would both forget that unfortunate moment. The town was as the divine expected; completely without planning or coherence. The streets were dirty and narrow with little pavement to smooth travel.

But Ketemos was not interested in the town itself- at least not right now - but at the currently docked ships. There were many kinds and types from galleons to cogs to even galleys; others as well. He walked down the docks until he encountered a mass of ships each bearing the symbol of his mother. Why do they bear her symbol? He had to know.

Travel to Selma's Gate when Chell is ready. (learned that travel is a free action currently)

Approach the Third Pirate Fleet bearing Telen's symbol.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:20:43 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:52 pm »

The obese barbarian beast is found lounging on a great sofa in a room off to the side of the kitchen. He nods his head as you approach, in what perhaps would have been a bow if Oinkiny was standing.
"Yes yes, my apologies for not being friendlier. Maybe I'll make it up to you by bringing in some mortals to eat; even if only about half of us might enjoy that, it could be worth it for a change of pace.

Speaking of which, what's a harpy nest matron? Do they breed in large clutches?"

Conjure some rubies, for the sole purpose of later bribing some mortals with them.

Attempt to fashion myself a small, compactable spyglass which, when used to gaze at a ship or fleet's colors, provides information about its captain or admiral.

Go swimming, searching for the largest, most lustrous pearl I can find. Make sure to remove it without harming its host.

Personally organize and partake in a festival devoted to carnal pleasures. Ensure that the Husbands of Husbands and Wives of Wives have a prominent place in it, and gently chastise any who object, encouraging them to partake in their own hungers rather than quibbling over the tastes of others. Also keep an eye out for subjects for Veilia... especially amongst those who refuse or object to the celebrations.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:11 pm »

"Yes yes, my apologies for not being friendlier. Maybe I'll make it up to you by bringing in some mortals to eat; even if only about half of us might enjoy that, it could be worth it for a change of pace.

Speaking of which, what's a harpy nest matron? Do they breed in large clutches?"

"Clammor went hunting while he was working on building the Domain Islands and brought it back. I never saw the nest meself." He shrugs, "Unless there is a feast to attend, I'm happiest in my chair anyway."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2014, 03:38:40 am »

Pyrite gave a thoughtful hum.

"Interesting. Perhaps I shall have to go hunting myself soon. Well, good day, Oinkiny."

He returned to the prayer room again, but mainly just stood around near Tulwor.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2014, 09:45:47 am »

'I care little for the specifics. Speak to me again after I have dealt with the soldier woman; then we could begin.'

Staying only to hear out Pyrite if this had more to stay, Tulwor headed into his chambers to work at the great forge. As soon as he stepped within its bounds, all other cares and thoughts slipped away. He had work to do.

There was little outside light here, but the roaring flames of the furnace gave more than enough. The heat engulfed him, bathing his skin. Fashioning a dream was something quite different from crafting a weapon or a tool of metal, but his was no ordinary forge.

Tulwor worked furiously, shaping the vision, forcing the possibilities into the shapes he wanted. The matter of dreams and omens became white-hot, and he struck it with fearsome power. The mortal woman would dream this dream during the night; in the morrow, Tulwor would travel to this Army and pass his judgement...

---

Tulwor sends Sarah a vivid, real-feeling dream/vision of three tests. He awaits to see how she chooses...

The first test is thus; Sarah finds herself in a burning building. The door, to safety, is open behind her, but beyond the flames is a child, helpless. There is also a well-connected coward trapped in the flames, who would ensure a promotion and great fame if rescued. Lastly, there is a great treasure of gold. Just braving the flames to save any one is a pass, but the gold pleases Tulwor the least. Saving two or all is impossible, but the attempt would be very pleasing indeed.

The second test has Sarah in a starving city under siege. In the logic of the dream, the city will starve and most die, unless one of them sacrifices themself and leaves the safety of the walls, risking death in the wilderness. Doing this is a pass, but if Sarah heads to challenge the champion of the besieging army or rallies the populace to fight or such, it'll be worth even greater favor. Choosing to stay inside for a chance to live in fear is, obviously, a failure.

The third test has Sarah be confronted with a chance to end a bloody war with a no-good sneaky backstabbing of the enemy king. Thousands would be spared, but it would be striking down an unarmed, unaware man. If challenged to a fair fight, the king will easily defeat Sarah. Taking the chance is a failure; letting him be, or fighting even if death is almost certain, is a pass.

Sarah is free to act in other ways to deal with the scenarios, which Tulwor will judge just as well.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:37:46 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:26 am »

Pyrite smiled.

"Excellent, so I shall. Best of luck with your new potential champion."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2014, 12:05:24 pm »

The Storm dragon's voice and diction are entirely different from your mother's, they are the sounds of a creature wild, fearless, and unrestrained. The sort of creature to whom life is a game and the world is but a plaything. Corusu's words, however, are nearly the opposite of his dialect; Instead of concrete ideas, his nearly minute long monologue merely expresses emotions. Two of them. More clear and intense than you have ever witnessed them expressed before: Despair and Hatred.

A few, long moments passed, with Auratus basking in the afterglow of his elders words, before he dared to speak. He had thought himself knowledgeable about the wretched nature of the gods, but in the face of getting to hear the suffering they spread from one still affected by it, and most probably doomed to do so for the eons to come, was clearly different. He had to admit that he had been naive - these gods were even crueler than he had thought.

" I am gratefull and honoured by the words you have shared with me, and know that I will keep them in mind as guidance. " Bowing once more to the storm dragon, his head went far lower than before - not bellow his own chest though, for loosing one's composure was something he did not dare to do in his current company. Nor any company, actually, but still. " May my presence and actions form a small respite from your suffering, for we both know that asking for more would be foolish. "

Sharing another few silent moments of contemplation, Auratus bade no fare-well before leaving, well aware that doing so would amount not to more than mocking the bound dragon. Instead he left it at a curt nod, and silently left for his quarters.

~

He spent some time brooding in his dark lair. One day - or so he was sure - it would be filled with riches of his own, gold and treasures he had taken as spoils, or which had been gifted and sacrificed in his name. Now though, the cave was wide open and mostly empty, safe for the golden throne in the center of it. Clammor had done good work on the room, and undoubtedly would also have fashioned the gold more skillfully than the young dragon ever could - but that piece he had wrought himself, the prospect of dwelling upon a chair fashioned by the god not to his tastes.

Placing himself on it, the words of Corusu still lingered in his mind. How could they not do so, as one - hopefully far off day - it easily could become his own fate as well? He had known of glacianas sick tastes, had heard enough stories about the hateful gods to be confronted with anything they might do, and still not think lower of them, but the distress of the storm dragon had tacken him aback. Still... the world but a plaything... he sure wished to have seen him in the days before his enslavement.

Brushing aside his thoughts about the whole matter forcefully, he decided that contemplating it further would do more harm than good. The one thing that would do him good no, would be to act, and so he did.

Auratus made for the docks, intent on travelling to Kiatown, and later on, Selma's Gate.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2014, 02:51:40 pm »

Her time grew short, and she dismissed Dennis with a nod of thanks. "I shall have more questions for you, faithful one, but they can wait."
Once he had left, she closed her eyes, and opened many. A flurry of birds occupied the space where the goddess stood, and together they hopped and flapped through the window and soared down to the docks, three dozen gleaming forms of iridescent feathers.

They closed their eyes and opened two, and Ketari stood upon the docks.
"Boatswoman!" She called. "Transport to Kaitown is needed, I wish not to fly through the dragon's storm."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

"Sure thing madam. What wings cannot conquer, oars can!" The girl beams, gesturing for you to take a seat on the Galley.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 04:39:50 pm »

With a dainty step, she took her place on the vessel.
"Speaking of dragons, I believe Auratus approaches, wishing for transport. Hold, my little one, until he arrives... or I run out of patience." She giggled.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 05:40:10 pm »

With a dainty step, she took her place on the vessel.
"Speaking of dragons, I believe Auratus approaches, wishing for transport. Hold, my little one, until he arrives... or I run out of patience." She giggled.

Walking to the docks with no particular haste, Auratus arrived a good few moments later than the winged goddess. Upon spotting her, he briefly froze, as if to contemplate the situation, and then approached the vessel further. " Setting out, I would believe? ", the dragon quizzed, greeting the two only with a nod. " Well, I sure hope you also need to go towards Kiatown, because I would somewhat dislike to wait for the next trip. "
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39