Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51672 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2014, 04:45:54 pm »

"Well, sounds like you found a game even I can't lose then," she chuckles half heartedly, before cheering up abruptly. "Assuming Mortus' son doesn't take too long on that messy project of his, I should be able to clean up after him and have some time to spend in Kiatown afterwards."

The Filthbanisher listens as you list off the names. "That should be enough to keep me busy for awhile, both in terms of food and companionship. It would still be great if you could find me some other names though father, before they catch on that I'm exclusively hunting Unia's cult, but thanks alot for finding me what you did. I should have fun... or at least I'll try to."
Pyrite chuckled. "Yes, I suppose that wouldn't do. I'll keep an eye out whenever I can, try to pick out more toys for you."

He smiled and gently patted her head, or more specifically the writhing mass of spiders atop it.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, or at least come closer than last time."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 08:38:37 pm »

Ketemos nodded as Pyrite spoke, taking note of the Elementalist especially.

"I doubt it; these Mercedes have spent generations moaning about their lack of wealth and title. If anything, they've grown used to games of intrigue and know quite well how to spot a possible pawn or rival, as you know. Regardless, I'd advise courting their favour. You seem to have had a...head start with them."

Taking a moment to make sure no one else was around, Ketemos leaned in and whispered.

"As for the Republic...the cause of the Mercedes can be reconciled with that of the Populi with some effort. Do as you need to do but please keep this in mind."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:02 pm »

Pyrite furrowed his brow thoughtfully.

"Hm... perhaps I shall..."

He gave a solemn nod to Ketemos' whisper.

"I know," he said in a low voice, not quite a whisper. "And even if not, the less these mortals flay each other trying to not lose, the better."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2014, 12:33:14 am »

Ketemos nodded.

"We're more alike than it seems...just that you're a whore and I'm a complete bore." Ketemos laughed and left Pyrite to his business, happy that his brother was not a complete fool.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2014, 02:15:18 am »

He smirked at the current de-facto leader of Selma's Gate. Little did she know what splendour his temple would be, but correcting her misconception was a small matter.
" You think a shrine to me would be letting you off cheap? If you have heard about the four gods which I was sent alongside with, you should know that the people are bound to turn to me for their wealth, and right would they be in doing so.  Me not trying to tax your good intentions is all there is to only wanting your help with the shrine. But you are right about one thing – I fully expect the other gods to disturb my plans, why, I would hold against any bet that Ketemos, if left alone, would try to make Selma's Gate into a Republic before the end of the year! " Erupting into roaring laughter, he took a few moments to regain his composure. " No, dear, I hope you see that I won't be satisfied by just any simple shrine – it also needs to do me justice. "

Hearing the dread pirate speak, the dragon also started to show a frown himself. " You really are trying my patience, are you not? Having said that... I do agree that your flag is not in bad taste – but adopting it as one of my symbols is not up for debate. " He stood up and slowly walked up to the old man. Without any comment, he grabbed the dominant arm of the pirate, and clawed the form of his ruby unto the back of the others hand. After returning to his seat, he spoke once more. " Be sure to let them taste my Ire. Reclaim what their bloodied hands are not worthy to hold, and I will show you my favour. "
Had Auratus originally planned to reward the pirate up front, he had squandered his chances in that regard. He would find another use for his remaining energies.

He offered a nod to the gargoyles speech, and after it was done, did so in turn. " Indeed, it is the Scarlet Mirror – after you have finished your guard, let us make sure that this new flag will be recognized and feared by all those who would stand against it. On the matter of my return, it will be most likely next month – unless more pressing matters need my attention elsewhere. Not very feasible, but possible. I will settle the matter of guards by then, and the shrine – should it turn out to be too much for Kell's good-will. "

At this point, he was ready to conclude this rather successful meeting, and return to Newbellum Castle. He was also rather interested in what the other gods had wrought by now. Well, maybe cautious of what the other gods had wrought would be more fitting – interested in their matters was he all the same.

Kell bites her lip, and offers a dramatic sigh. "Very well. I will lay a large foundation for you to build on, and put a small but extravagant shrine on top of it for now, if it pleases you. Marble would be the most valuable building material I could acquire in abundance on short notice, so marble will have to do unless you are more patient or better connected to building contractors than I suspect that you are. I'll decorate the shrine with gems, and you may burry the marble beneath other materials should you find it insufficient for your temple in the long run."

The Dread Pirate barely even flinches as you cut into his arm. As you work, you make note of the fact that yours is not the first such brand he has worn, but all the other such scars seem at least decades old and faded. You recognize a few of them as symbols of both Bellian and Barbarian gods, but know not enough of Dread Pirate history to tell who abandoned or betrayed who in those situations. You wouldn't put such trechery past either a pirate or a Bellian Deity.

When you finish, Scion takes a moment, perhaps for the pain to subside, before speaking again. "Their wretched king will 'ave taken all of their more famous artifacts with them, but I'm sure I will have no trouble acquiring some artifacts that are best returned to your race, and perhaps some other items of yer interest as well."

You catch a gleam of something truly wicked in his eye, as the dread pirate brings his newly wounded hand to his face and tastes his own blood. "I'll be sure to double down on expressing your wrath, to make up for the artifacts out of my reach. My hand is but yer instrument now, and yer breath is in my sails. If all goes well, I shall return with my brothers drenched in the blood of yer vengeance, and we will hear any offer ya may make to purchase our remaining years."

The Gargoyle rises, and once more bends to kiss your feet. "Your terms are fair. I shall go now to my men and inform them of their new duty."

After hearing your response, the lowest ranking pirate departs from the theater, so that the other two may eventually leave in the correct order.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2014, 05:44:24 am »

After hearing your response, the lowest ranking pirate departs from the theater, so that the other two may eventually leave in the correct order.

After the last of the three pirates had said their fare-wells, Auratus finally had the chance to relax, and let loose some of his elation. Judging by what they had said, none of the new gods had yet to build any kind of influence or shrine here, so him being the first was a nice head start indeed. He also wondered if in Kiatown any of the gods had started with such a task, as he would not have heard of it while mingling with the nobles.

Reassuring the owner of the playhouse before leaving that he would make sure to hear any future prayers the man might have in regard to wealth, protection and revenge, and the dragon made his way to the docks. There was a good number of curious onlookers on his way, but as most of them kept a very cautious distance from him, there was always a broad berth around him.

Calling for Chell, he readied himself to mingle again – this time with the gods. It would be good to know what they had done, and what new prayers were to be seen on the glass. He would even store his left-over energies, because letting them go to waste would be a shame. While he doubted that the gods would ever let him sit on the jade throne, he could use it to leverage his position further.

- - -
Auratus travels back to Newbellum Castle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2014, 12:34:25 pm »

Pyrite laughed with Ketemos as he let Veilia lead him away, happy to have uncovered another speck of mirth in his brother.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2014, 03:55:31 pm »

Tulwor's rage was infectious to the turbulent goddess, and her eyes seemed to glow."Aha! Yes, blood of my blood. No doubt together, we could devour the lizard-bird, but what if our betrayers fight with him? Too many, perhaps.

But I have magic and you a forge. Could create a dragon slayer, yes, and my secrets may bind his traitors to us for now."

She grinned, her face alight with a joy of the coming bloodshed. Her teeth were sharp.

"Ahhh... little sister Chell. Tell no one of this, yes? "

Tulwor thudded his hammer into the sand.

'Bah! What is this 'dragonslayer' you propose? Would it not be simpler to challenge the dragon when it arrives, and meet it in honest battle? We make him bow and stop this nonsense; that should be the end of it.'

The dragon seemed to be a nuisance, though. Perhaps they'd kill it and be done with it, then. The battle could be very pleasing, regardless of the outcome.

Chell frowns and closes her eyes before speaking. "As long as this challenge happens nowhere near my boat, I wont stop you. I'm still not happy with where I've got the protective charms, and if you guys play too rough, you could damage your transport in the crossfire."

Pyrite chuckled. "Yes, I suppose that wouldn't do. I'll keep an eye out whenever I can, try to pick out more toys for you."

He smiled and gently patted her head, or more specifically the writhing mass of spiders atop it.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, or at least come closer than last time."

The spiders happily crawl across and under the god's hand. "I don't know. They tried to torment the urges of my paternal blood out of me in that blasted tower... I might be even worse than before. I won't know until I try..."

Vellia sighs, rises to her feet, and falls silent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2014, 05:08:10 pm »

"Then try," Pyrite said reassuringly, rising himself to dry and dress. "There's no tower here, and you'll have my full support in these matters. So long as you get a little better each time, I'll be able to rest easy knowing you'll eventually discover how to enjoy yourself," he finished jokingly, ruffling her spiders for good measure.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2014, 11:41:28 pm »

After an almost wordless ferry back to the castle, Auratus first action was to place the partly remains of Glamelix in the further depths of his personal hoard – not really intent on displaying it. While he most likely would not hesitate to show trophies from killed beasts and items worked from them, doing so in the case of it once having been a dragon, was not to his tastes. He would need to decide as to what to do with it at a later date.

Depositing his surplus of godly energies in the miracle bank as a side trip towards the Prayer Glass, he stood before it, taking note of the new requests on it. Some of them, he could easily do, but he decided to hold off on that decision for now. New prayers may easily unfold themselves, and he had much to do either way.

For now he would deal with the scholar, deeming him as the most unproblematic, or at least the most reasonable out of the godly quartet. The dragon made for Ketemos Quarters, intent on seeking out the god in question – albeit he just as easily might stumble upon other gods on his way.

" This should prove interesting, " he grinned, " Interesting indeed... "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2014, 12:36:13 am »

Pyrite was quick to intercept the dragon.

"Ah, there you are. I understand you handled Messel's marriage proposals? How'd that go?"

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2014, 01:46:30 am »

After contemplating the matter for a moment, Auratus decided that he might as well ask about his concerns with the person in question. He actually was not really sure if his brother had any influence over him, nor should the current situation be all that tricky, as that it would need to be handled over someone else.

" How could it do anything but going well? " the dragon sneered, " I simply picked what I found to be their most promising options, after taking the political position of their suitors into consideration. Granted, finding out what family belongs to what cause took some time, but one can't really call that difficult. "

Assuming a more neutral tone of voice, he observed the god as he asked a question of his own.
" That reminds me... I have heard far more about the little orgy that you held than I could ever muster interest for it,  but until I left there was no notice of you and Tulwor moving against the orcs. What did happen to that plan? "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2014, 02:59:03 am »

"I see..." The dragon had mostly confirmed what Pyrite had been concerned about- his utter lack of consideration for anything not political. His apology to Messel about the festival might well end up involving a rescue from an unattractive game piece in a dress...

He cracked a smile at the dragon's question, though. "We were both busy, so the plan was put on hold. Now I hear he's working on a boat, so the plan may be on hold again."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2014, 09:25:05 am »

While Auratus could hold down the deep sigh that he would have liked to let loose, he couldn't help but furrow his brows. A boat. The enemy was besieging the main city of their sphere of influence, and he was building a boat? That was ridiculous, to say the least. Was Tulwor not a warrior? Who would ever worship him earnest, if he were not to take the battle towards the enemy of his charges, especially in their time of need?

" I would hope that this is not the case. You might already have heard about it while you were in Kiatown, but it seems the orcs are up to something. From what I gathered they might invoke their god of suffering against our soldiers. If we let them be, this very well might result in them gaining the upper hand. "
After taking a look around, he drew a bit closer, continuing in a quieter, but stern fashion. " I really would have thought that you could handle the brute. Or were you just testing your waters with him? Either way, if you want to do us all a favour, talk him into it." No, really. The dragon did not plan on solving every little problem himself, even though doing so would undoubtedly raise him above the other gods.

He took a step back, and cleared his throat. " Well, be that as it may. I would also have heard that you seem to favour Hialarth, and the Mercedes Party that she is so obviously aligned with. Is that just you toying around with the mortals, or are you serious about supporting them? Please, do tell me your intentions for Kiatown. "

Auratus smirked inwardly, highly interested in the reaction of Pyrite. What little he had seen of his previous actions, would not have painted him like the fool Tulwor seemed to be - but if that was not the case, there might even be one competitor less to worry about. But still, he doubted Rexxis would have made it that easy for him.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2014, 11:04:23 am »

Tulwor thudded his hammer into the sand.

'Bah! What is this 'dragonslayer' you propose? Would it not be simpler to challenge the dragon when it arrives, and meet it in honest battle? We make him bow and stop this nonsense; that should be the end of it.'

The dragon seemed to be a nuisance, though. Perhaps they'd kill it and be done with it, then. The battle could be very pleasing, regardless of the outcome.
Ketari seemed to hesitate and thought.

"A dragon has claws and fire, and I have but hands and teeth, blood of my blood. A spear to kill all that can fly: I'd ask you for a favour. I know nothing of forges, but I know of killing. I don't think we should fight the lizard yet, no. But I ask you help me make a great spear.
She grinned.
"A spear that could pierce the heavens. FOr dragons and harpies both."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39