Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52532 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2014, 11:11:37 pm »

Lian stopped tapping and laid her hand flat on her sword's handguard.
: "Ah. So when faced with a time limit, instead of choosing another hunting ground that isn't threatened, they team up with people they hate and are bound to betray them. All in order to perform a wonderful show of tossing themselves against our swords."
Lian sighed, and her expression turned irritated.
: "Bandit strategy is truly amazing."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:15:23 pm by CrimsonEon »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2014, 11:31:50 pm »

Seeing Lian's irritated expression, Alexios (sitting nearby) made a positive remark.
:"Hey, the worse their strategy, the better for us, right?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:15 pm »

"I doubt your next fight will be as easy. They were clearly disorganized today, I mean what idiot holds their men back until they've lost all but three of them? This whole bout probably wasn't even supposed to happen... Wait, how do you know they're going to betray each other?"

After a bit of thought Geoffrey finally answered.

"...Fine, I'll accept your deal. We'll work out the terms later. Do you have anything else that could be useful?"

With things now in Edward's favor he quickly regained his chipper attitude.

"The letter says they were mobilized four days ago so they should show up by tomorrow. I have no idea if that'll be in the morning or night though, it comes down to how many distractions they encounter. Regardless, your contract with the town will likely be finished tomorrow."

"I expect that the deserters and bandits know this. Though that brings the question of who's supplying them with the information."

"Probably some minor noble who wants to raise his standing by 'saving' a vital border town from 'bandit' infestation. Honestly, most Itolan nobles only care about their own standing and the few that don't are too small in number to do anything. It's sickening, really."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2014, 11:48:27 pm »

"We overheard two of them discussing the betrayal, until we interrupted them. I killed one of them which lead to the other leaving and bringing back the rest of the group. He was the one who charged forward, so I suspect he was a bit emotionally distressed. Which might explain the lack of strategy. Well... Partially explain it at least."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:00 pm »

Seeing Lian's irritated expression, Alexios (sitting nearby) made a positive remark.
:"Hey, the worse their strategy, the better for us, right?"
: "Tch." Lian slanted her mouth, "Nothing to be learned from fools such as them. Only good for practice."
"We overheard two of them discussing the betrayal, until we interrupted them. I killed one of them which lead to the other leaving and bringing back the rest of the group. He was the one who charged forward, so I suspect he was a bit emotionally distressed. Which might explain the lack of strategy. Well... Partially explain it at least."
: Lian let out another amused half-breath, "So forward, Aneira. You could have stood to toss him around a bit." The sword fighter looked over to Edward, "Regardless, I do hope your job is a bit more challenging, whatever it entails. I doubt you'd be hiring a group of our size for something light."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2014, 12:18:27 am »

"You mean that axeman who charged at us with reckless abandon...?"

Edward frowned and started mumbling to himself.

: Lian let out another amused half-breath, "So forward, Aneira. You could have stood to toss him around a bit." The sword fighter looked over to Edward, "Regardless, I do hope your job is a bit more challenging, whatever it entails. I doubt you'd be hiring a group of our size for something light."

"Naturally. We'll literally be walking through a war zone just by entering Karlt. We'll likely see plenty of combat just trying to get from point A to point B, let alone going out of our way to see if what little contacts my father has in that wasteland are still intact. Gods forbid establishing new ones while the war rages."

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2014, 11:56:54 am »

Hilde dusted herself off before standing beside the group. That man that Martyn and her met had helped them, and supposedly managed to strike a deal with Geoffrey. Hilde was slightly surprised at the number of them, though. Maybe Martyn was right beforehand. She tried to heal any who were still injured after the battle, but most of them were only sustaining minor injuries now anyway. She remained silent beside the rest, as Edward seemed to be explaining something. Hilde didn't catch all of it.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2014, 11:59:46 am »

: "Sounds like we have our work cut out for us, then." Lian wound her right arm before resting it again and turning to Geoffrey, "Think we should continue patrols?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2014, 12:11:13 pm »

: "Sounds like we have our work cut out for us, then." Lian wound her right arm before resting it again and turning to Geoffrey, "Think we should continue patrols?"

"No. We should focus on fortifying the town. Now that we know that there will be another, larger, attack we just need to rely on the mercs who are on sentry duty today. In the meanwhile we should focus on preparing barricades or anything else that will slow them down."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:14:25 pm by F.O.E. »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2014, 04:53:22 pm »

"Probably some minor noble who wants to raise his standing by 'saving' a vital border town from 'bandit' infestation. Honestly, most Itolan nobles only care about their own standing and the few that don't are too small in number to do anything. It's sickening, really."

"Hear, hear."

"No. We should focus on fortifying the town. Now that we know that there will be another, larger, attack we just need to rely on the mercs who are on sentry duty today. In the meanwhile we should focus on preparing barricades or anything else that will slow them down."

"Agreed.  Our side of town is relatively unfortified compared to those held by the other mercenary groups."

"For some reason."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2014, 11:13:54 pm »

"Alright, we're having the extra crunchy stewed lamb and the turnip soup, the grilled river fish and this erm...how do you read it, pomegranate? Sounds exotic, some Zhaltisian mountain fruit? Anyway, having three of it. Oh and out it on Geoffrey's tab. He still owes me some gold from that game last night."

After giving his order to the inn keeper, Ekul brought Peter to a table around the centre of the inn and sat down.

"So, your parent's never told you to stay away from trouble and strangers?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »

"Agreed.  Our side of town is relatively unfortified compared to those held by the other mercenary groups."

"For some reason."

"That's probably because most the bandits come from the west." Edward  guessed before Geoffrey could answer.

"That's partially it. In truth, since we're on the edge of town most of the mercenaries just worry about repelling any attempt to raid the town. The basic ideology is that the west group is the first to see the bandits but also that they are the last thing the bandits see."

"Alright, we're having the extra crunchy stewed lamb and the turnip soup, the grilled river fish and this erm...how do you read it, pomegranate? Sounds exotic, some Zhaltisian mountain fruit? Anyway, having three of it. Oh and out it on Geoffrey's tab. He still owes me some gold from that game last night."

After giving his order to the inn keeper, Ekul brought Peter to a table around the centre of the inn and sat down.

"So, your parent's never told you to stay away from trouble and strangers?"

"Well..." Peter seemed reluctant to answer."They did, but that was before they... died. Back before you mercenary types showed all up we had was ourselves to defend the town and my parents were part of the volunteer militia. They died about a week before the first mercenaries showed up."

"That's why the shopkeeper didn't hit me, it was out of respect for my parents."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:02:13 am by F.O.E. »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2014, 12:07:00 am »

Lian sighs deeply.
: "More busywork, shame." Lian made to move towards the edge of the barricades, "If we plan to ward off an attack, best start now. And for that, Martyn, you'd best help. More eyes for detail the better."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2014, 12:35:18 am »

"..."

Ekul had no idea what to tell the boy immediately after hearing his tale. Taking a deep breath, Ekul leaned forward and asked.

"Any friends around here then? There should be some families who are willing to take in another child to look after."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2014, 12:49:11 am »

"..."

Ekul had no idea what to tell the boy immediately after hearing his tale. Taking a deep breath, Ekul leaned forward and asked.

"Any friends around here then? There should be some families who are willing to take in another child to look after."

"That's what I thought too but, well... I wouldn't be stealing if that was the case now would I?"

Shortly after Peter finishes speaking the food arrives and Peter begins eating without a second thought. It hard to believe, but he seems, apart from his earlier reluctance, unbothered by the topic being discussed. Whether this is good, or bad, as yet to be seen.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57