Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750560 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Airship Sieges and Moving Apartments (sorta)
« Reply #15255 on: September 24, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

((excuse me, but so far no situation has occured where Icarus survival has been in question. Please dont accuse me of godmodding until it actually happens. I play by the rules, Icarus has stats, and hitpoints that go downwards. A blackbox is just a memory - not a soul))

((and as i said, in for a penny, in for a pound. Icarus doesn't raise the blade without killing intent, that would just be respectless. Swords are not toys, fighting is not a game, and she is just brutaly sincere in what she does. So if you dont want PVP that does not involve killing, dont give Icarus a reason to))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: September 24, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »

((Then don't accuse me of godmodding when it ins't the case. Also, I do not endorse Pvp that involves killing. So don't consider me trying to instigate it.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: September 24, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »

((it was the case *before* you edited your post. What I am mostly concerned about is the implication of offensive teleports. It's the cheesiest way to instantly end a fight. Flick of a finger and just a bit of luck with the dice, and the enemy is gone. Into a jail cell? Into a volcano? 300 miles straight upwards into the thermosphere? Or just plain away, fight over, obstacle overcome with little effort. It's simply too unfair towards other players (who maybe wanted to enjoy a good fight), and the GM (who prepared a fight he wanted to be epic, and now has to subject anything planned to ridicule.) A plotbreaker. I also suggest we discuss this here, the OOC has become the moaning pit))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:49:51 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: September 24, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »

Isaac begins to drill through the tough stone.

Sen attempts to teleport Icarus somewhere.
[4 MAG] VS [10 RES] The spell fails on Icarus.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: September 24, 2014, 06:09:29 pm »

((well, since that is the ruling...  ((formal protest: making a GM ruling to punish someone for annoyance is not the way to go. After being warned so severly about Walpurga and not cheesing the telekinesis, offensive teleports are an unfair call. I would like to request that this does not become a common tactic of Sens, as I find it immensely unfun.))

Quote from:  Icarus > Sen
You have five minutes to teleport me back. If you try to keep me away from Alice, then by all gods and devils I will see to it that you are destroyed and your essense scattered. I have killed a god before, I can kill you. Nobody has the right to question my right to love.
[/s]

ninja'd

Icarus extends her blade.

"Try that again and our alliance ends here. Nobody has the right to question my right to love. Try to keep me away from Alice, and I will kill you. A god couldn't keep me from Alice, and neither can you."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: September 24, 2014, 06:12:55 pm »

Icarus gets a transmission from Alucard.

"Will you two stop arguing and hurry up? I am sure that you will realize the consequences when the enemy arrives with backup and finds you all an easy target."

Alucard closes the transmission and calls out.
 "Dr. Winterwald! Are you still here?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: September 24, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »

"Hmhm."

Quote from: Icarus>Alucard
Chill, Isaac is already digging, and we aren't getting any faster into the mountain than he is digging.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: September 24, 2014, 06:19:45 pm »

"Good. Just be careful."

"Look at this," he says, pointing to his screen.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: September 24, 2014, 06:21:34 pm »

Isaac's spike continues digging, but he goes and tries to do his best to get Elysa out and to gently set her out.
"I'm sorry for... Yeah... I hope you understand I don't exactly like this either."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: September 24, 2014, 07:18:18 pm »

Icarus extends her blade.

"Try that again and our alliance ends here. Nobody has the right to question my right to love. Try to keep me away from Alice, and I will kill you. A god couldn't keep me from Alice, and neither can you."

Sen laughs, the glare still in her eyes, "A god couldn't? The only reason you beat that god was because of your allies. Besides, when did we ever have an alliance, robot?" Sen looks back to Elysia, "would you mind if I took you someplace warmer? I prefer heat to the cold." Sen waits for Elysia to answer.

((Before anyone calls that anything other than in character, Sen is racist against all technology.))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: September 24, 2014, 07:21:47 pm »

-snip-

((I agree with the offensive teleports which is why I scale sen's teleports to range based on spell strength. Otherwise it's something the gm of the plot needs to control. I prefer that any kind of offensive teleport needs to be self targeting, ally targeting or targeting everyone in and near the battle. Otherwise Plot armor prevents teleport. That's just my stance on it though.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: September 24, 2014, 07:32:03 pm »

((I'm going to note that Sen never teleported Elysia.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: September 24, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »

(( I too am going to point that out. Sen is waiting for Elysia's answer :P))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: September 24, 2014, 07:35:56 pm »

Elysia looks at Isaac and gives a small nod, tears falling out her eyes as she looks at Franziska's corpse. Her head falls back, still extremely weak before looking at Sen and shaking her head.

Isaac's drill continues to pierce when suddenly it strikes hollow stone. The stone crumbles and, through the hole, stands a dumbstruck dwarf staring at Isaac. His beard is large and orange like his burly eyebrows, much unlike his dull grey eyes. His skin is grey from the mine's dust and he is holding a pickaxe.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: September 24, 2014, 07:43:49 pm »

((Oh shit, totally read over the teleport rolls. Woops, my bad.))
"Do you want me to bury her body properly...?"
Isaac dissipates the spike.
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1757