Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82131 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »

Yesh.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2014, 10:03:53 pm »

Can you imagine what a person who's a scholar would say about that if the calculations for the other animals were off?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2014, 10:05:33 pm »

Well have fun being on an iceberg if he rolls up an ice discharge. Or a random clump of seaweed if it's a nature one. Or something similar.

Also they don't all explode. Sometimes they just petrify. Or freeze solid, or melt, or turn into a bajillion ladybugs.

Fugg it. If it comes down to it, everyone else can get away and I'll deal with Ril.
Also, if it's only a slight chance of an explosion, why would that deter other races? I mean, yeah, there's a chance, but there's also a chance they'll die in straight up normal combat.
Unless it's a slight chance that they won't royally fuck everything in the surrounding area, in which case we still run into the same problem. You said that a fast enough death would prevent it, but that decapitation would still allow them to go off. What do we have to do, completely smash their heads?

I think Kyle would have fun interactions with that last one.
Your character is suddenly somewhat cuter now that you've said that. Weird.
Take a closer look at this text!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2014, 11:22:44 pm »

And Yes Lyeos, you will be seeing those examples in about half an hour when I get up the next bit of stuff.

Two hours is not about half an hour. At least it's better than my girlfriend. :/

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 10, 2014, 12:13:56 am »

I'm awake! Yeah. Interesting discussion. So, if Ril dies, he's likely to explode or somethng?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 10, 2014, 12:16:13 am »

I'm awake! Yeah. Interesting discussion. So, if Ril dies, he's likely to explode or somethng?

Or do any number of things, apparently, though the explosion continually is brought up as a reason we shouldn't kill him and why people don't attack his village, so I'm assuming that most of the things that will happen will be harmful to those around him. Yeah, it's... Kinda... Uuuuhhhnn.... You know? Because last game he was cowardly and, well, somewhat annoying... So, yeah... Can't kill him... Yay...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 10, 2014, 01:24:40 am »

~Combat... Sorta~

d20+/-relevant bonuses and maluses to determine initiative for who makes an action first. This defines for entire combat unless someone receives a buff or curse that changes the order or forces a reroll. Being knocked or stunned out dumps the person to the last position and may or may not prevent actions for several turns. Some poisons will do this, some magic will do this.

Attacking is d20, +/- relevant bonuses and maluses vs enemy d20 +/- relevant bonuses and maluses (not all apply to any given combat, magical resistance of specific or any type of magic counts towards the defense bonuses only if magic is used. Physical resistances only count vs physical weapons. Some weapons and spells weaken the bonuses, an average iron sword would have to deal with the full defense bonus from average iron plate armor, an average iron mace would have to deal with half that defensive bonus. Weapon type matters. Attack type matters also, an average iron sword vs average iron chainmail could go several ways: Slash would result in a 50% defensive bonus, stab would mean a time taken malus of -2 for the swordsman, but it would halve the chain's defensive bonus. (chainmail is crap vs puncture damage but great vs slashing) And you could strike with the pommel of the sword, which would be doing blunt damage and as chainmail tends to disperse blunt damage. it would have a full defense, table is as follows.

Slashvschainmail 150% defense.

Bluntvschainmail 100% defense.

Stabvschainmail 50% defense.

If the enemy defense number is overcome by the attack number, then the attack does damage, which will be rolled for depending on the weapon or spell. Both the item used for defense and the item used for offense will be rolled for (d20+damage resistance+/-Superior/Inferior bonus or malus vs d20+Damage Resistance+/-Superior/Inferior Bonus/Malus.). If one material is superior to the other material, then the inferior material has a -5 for each level below the other material and the superior material gets a +5 for every level above it. If an item fails its roll, it loses integrity equal to the leftover opponent item roll. ((This is subject to balancing if weapons break too often.))

For quality level, the base stats are used.

For every level above average, the DR is +2 and there is a +1 to damage.

for every level below average, the DR is -2 and there is a -1 to damage.

Weapons will be added to the system as they become relevant.

Some weapon examples:

Lunarik Claws: Capable of stopping steel blades (Meaning they can parry steel and not have a Inferior Material penalty.) and repair themselves each night if the moon touches them or the Lunarik's hand. They have a base integrity of 37 and a base damage resistance of 12. They do 2d6 bonus of damage if the attack is a sneak attack, flanking attack, or backstab. They do 1d7 if it is a normal slashing attack. They do not have quality levels, are Superior to Spelliron Equal to Steel and Inferior to Spellsteel. Stabs are 2d6, slashes are 1d7,

Average Iron and Red Oak Bisento: Base Integrity of 43, Damage Resistance of 14. Capable of stopping iron blades with the blade and bronze blades with the wood. 2d4 blunt with wood 3d5 slashing with blade, bonus 2d4 if flanking attack. Has reach, allowing attacks from an extra space away.

(For wood I am doing general approximations of strength from This.)

Average Iron Dagger: Short reach -7 to any parry rolls and -4 to standard attacks if the enemy is using a weapon without Short Reach. +3d6 bonus damage for backstab and sneak attack. +1d4 bonus damage for flanking. Damage Resistance of 4, Base Integrity of 27. 1d4 slash, 1d7 stab, 1d3 pommel strike blunt. Fast: If first attack is successful, can attempt to make a second attack that turn.

Average Red Oak Bow with Pig Leather String: Base Range of 21 spaces. Base accuracy of 10% with no skills. Base integrity of 10 (Don't try using it as a melee weapon.) DR of 3 If within five spaces from target, +10% accuracy. If within 1 space from target, -20% accuracy.

Average Chickenfeather Fletched, Iron and Red Oak Arrow. Base Damage 3d6 piercing. -5% to accuracy for every space past 12 that it is fired. (so 21 spaces away would result in -45% accuracy.)

Combat will be done on a grid system, I can give an online program for the grid it if you want and I'll give you guys a quick example of it before we get to actual combat. If nobody wants to run the battles, then I can do all the calculation for them.

For magic:

Different mana types are for different forms. Some manatypes are general and can be used by multiple types of spells but aren't particularly specialized and therefore you will need to use more then if you used a specialized mana

Mental Mana or MENTM is for general Mental Focus spells. Psionic Mana or PSIM is specifically for Psionics. It's a two to one ratio for MENTM. So two MENTM translates to one PSIM. Here are a few examples of spells and casting costs:

Power of spells affect casting cost in terms of various mana and ingredients.

Sleeping Mist.
Greater Physical Focus=>Life==>Fresh Black Rose Petals, Weak Physical Focus=>Gas==>Water Vapor, Mental Focus=>Psionic==>Drowsy.
75% chance of success if you have the base skills required to cast, enhanced abilities in the required skills raises the chance of casting success. If successful, target area of 5x5 become saturated with sleep inducing mist. Any who breathe the mist must roll to save or pass out for four hours unless their species has a resistance to Life magic, in which case roll to save for each turn in the mist. Must get higher then 25 with the save if you lack resistance and must get higher then 25-resistance with resistance.
25 LIFM
5 GASM
15 PSIM

Or 90 MENTM

Also requires water nearby or the air to have water vapor in it.
Also requires several fresh black rose pedals, this spell consumes them.

Moontrance.
Uncontrolled=>Species==>Moonlight.
Requires all mana of all types, kills affected Lunarik and rapidly repairs the body, upon completion of the regeneration, the Lunarik's soul is yanked violently back into its body and they reanimate fully alive. Chance of going insane increases by 5% for every day that the trance lasts.

Requires Species = Lunarik
Requires Direct Moonlight.
Requires Major Injury.
If able to happen, must happen.

Soulfeast.
Innate=>Species==>Hunger.
25% chance of success. Tears a hole in space time that absorbs all nearby matter, not including one who created it. Any souls that are pulled into it are devoured by the demon, for use as energy later. +100 DEMM per sapient soul. +50 per sentient soul +5 per nonsentient soul. AOE is 3x3. All caught within must make a reflex roll to jump out of the absorption zone. Must get at least 20.

Species = Demon of Gluttony.
Requires 150 DEMM

Basic Telepathy.
Mental Focus=>Psionic
Send basic feelings and images to target sentient or sapient.
65% chance of success

10 PSIM

All magic can be practiced, your success rate will increase depending on how much you work at it, the system for training will be the next thing I finish.

So peoples, here are these. Feel free to come up with effects and what not for your spells and equipment. I'll help you balance them out and what not, obviously I don't have a compendium of them. The idea is for this to be as open ended as possible (within reason) Customization is rather high.

Ril has maaaybe a 13% chance if he dies at the lowest stress level of something that is extremely destructive to the surrounding area. The rest vary from things that will kill him and maybe those touching him, to possibly setting stuff near him on fire, to causing all trees nearby to turn into flocks of chickens, to a variety of other things. (I have a table of a few thousand possible discharges based on stress level.) Also, older Lunarik are rather relaxed, they see enough to be satisfied with life. Dying isn't as much of a problem to them. (Also Ril will be muuuch less annoying, he's caught up to his mind in the emotional section. Younger Lunarik's mental sections tend to outpace the emotional.)

Or do any number of things, apparently, though the explosion continually is brought up as a reason we shouldn't kill him and why people don't attack his village, so I'm assuming that most of the things that will happen will be harmful to those around him. Yeah, it's... Kinda... Uuuuhhhnn.... You know? Because last game he was cowardly and, well, somewhat annoying... So, yeah... Can't kill him... Yay...
Technically you can, if you want the chance of dying, and also there is the getting torn apart by a horde of angry Lunarik.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 10, 2014, 01:35:51 am »

Well, this system is rather interesting. So, we write up our own spells?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 10, 2014, 01:37:08 am »

Yup!

Also I have a spell/item generator in the works so Prophet can use that to randomly generate spells and items.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 10, 2014, 01:39:26 am »

Well, this system is rather interesting. So, we write up our own spells?

'pparently. And equipment.

Example gun, please?

And... Hmm... I don't even know where to begin with the soulsucking. Definitely higher success rate than the thing presented, due to being limited to a single target, plus it's necessary for survival and she's have already done it over nine-hundred times. And requires prolonged contact with her fangs...

Though I intended her specific caste to be able to use no magic. Low magic stats at best, if it's gonna be that necessary.

Also I have a spell/item generator in the works so Prophet can use that to randomly generate spells and items.
Hooray!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 10, 2014, 01:41:56 am »

My brain just melted when i tried to understand this awesomeness. No guys i'm really scared their is this weird gray liquid shooting out of my ears right now. Kev-senpai is now the smartest person i know now because well yeah all those roll thingies to calculate. I have to get off my computer now so i'll be on my mobile so i'll work on my sheet tomorrow. Yay generator!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 10, 2014, 01:42:38 am »

I say you should scrap the durability just to make things less rage inducing/simpler.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 10, 2014, 01:43:46 am »

I say you should scrap the durability just to make things less rage inducing/simpler.

Shhh. Simplicity is a sin. Confusing to average people is a must. Shhhh!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:11 am »

By the time we get to combat, I'll have a little google docs spread sheet that you can use to calculate durability Prophet.

And Lyeos, Gun coming in a couple minutes.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2014, 01:49:14 am »

And Lyeos, Gun coming in a couple minutes.

Thank you. You're a very sweet, if somewhat odd, young man.

Additional request:

Make it a revolver. Totally gonna be my starting weapon, so not too powerful, please. Unless you want it to be.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 108