Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82047 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2014, 06:48:02 pm »

We again, had a vague idea of an inventory system, "maybe an arbitrary measurement of weight" is a phrase I recall. I also recall "players could keep the inventory in spoilers under their posts" and nobody ever went detail with it, we discussed how to keep track of the inventory but we never actually made a functional system. Currencywise, we don't have a functional one of those, I'm rather certain that a good portion of the world will not have the exact same currency, we had a vague idea of one, but seeing how Lunarik (and other species) use a barter system if they even bother going the legal route and seeing how we have multiple civilizations with different currencies, and then on top of that multiple species that don't even use metal for currency. We do not have a functional currency system or inventory system.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2014, 06:51:15 pm »

And we can't abstract any of those into the basic system we layed out? Think of this way, does it sacrifice fun for whatever purpose it hopes to achieve? I think yes.

And keeping a spoiler for inventory and stuff in EVERY post would be tedious, why not just have one post from the GM for him to keep track of it?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2014, 06:54:37 pm »

We could have a race of bankers who facilitate trade by exchanging currencies and keeping an arbitrary exchange rate in mind. And of course, they charge a small fee... but that's how they make a living. Eh? Sounds good to me. Adds flavour to the world and solves the issue.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2014, 06:55:37 pm »

Everything will work once everything is up. Just be patient, it will not sacrifice fun.

Not everyone would subscribe to the banker race's system, Lunarik are pure barter for example and only the ones obsessed with shiny things would want coins.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 09, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »

Everything will work once everything is up. Just be patient, it will not sacrifice fun.
Kevak, as you said yourself...

And if anyone is wondering why my "simple" seems complex to most people, I can calculate everything in my head, so simple for me really is simple.

The complexity of this is pretty much going to suck the fun out of it for everyone that isn't you. You know damn good and well that most of us aren't like you when it comes to ridiculously complex systems. We even specifically asked for it to be simple at the start, by our standards.
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:49 pm »

And if you haven't noticed, I am making sure everything is understandable, which is why I didn't have the system up days ago.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 09, 2014, 07:04:42 pm »

And if you haven't noticed, I am making sure everything is understandable, which is why I didn't have the system up days ago.
Wait, so you're trying to "dumb the game down" for us? I'm insulted! Moreover that that's why it's taking you five forevers to do this. Can you really not build a simple system without bastardizing and castrating a complicated one first? It just seems... backward. I mean, mind you, I'm grateful that you're doing a system at all, cos I sure as hell don't want to and that will pretty much make this game devolve into "Watch CMC and Lyeos bicker for eternity" but still...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 09, 2014, 07:09:01 pm »

I'm not dumbing it down, I'm organizing it into a coherent format and explaining everything, if I just copypasted the basic form of it, you would see a crapton of formulae and abbreviations with no explanation as to what anything means.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 09, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »

Hey, CMC!  ;D Why is it taking you five forevers to submit a character sheet?

Really though, it seems like we're going to have to have you clarify everything for us. Just look at how we're having to ask you about magic and abilities!

Not everyone would subscribe to the banker race's system, Lunarik are pure barter for example and only the ones obsessed with shiny things would want coins.
Yes, but not having any of the local accepted currency would... Well... Be a bitch, of we found ourselves several hundred miles from where we last got some. By boat or by airship, or by magic.

And keeping a spoiler for inventory and stuff in EVERY post would be tedious, why not just have one post from the GM for him to keep track of it?

Yeah, but... Not to be rude, but Prophet kinda seems... Dumb, like me... And even then, he'll have to keep track of every RP post to see if we get rid/gain an item...

a crapton of formulae and abbreviations with no explanation as to what anything means.

Wonderful...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:12:35 pm by Lyeos »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 09, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

Hey, CMC!  ;D Why is it taking you five forevers to submit a character sheet?
We already established that: it is because I am a complete and total idiot who ran out of good ideas a long time ago. I mean I only have like 200 characters or something. I'm not terribly creative... Besides anyway, until I took my nap I had a horrendous headache and now that I don't, I don't wanna bring it back by trying to come up with a character that doesn't suck and then writing a nice, well-thought out everything when it won't matter anyway. Like... At all.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:52 pm »

Then why not have everyone have one post where they keep their inventories?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 09, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »

Then why not have everyone have one post where they keep their inventories?

So, we get to the start page, everyone playing gets a reserve post after the official "start" in which we keep our inventories and stats?

Prophet, would you be willing to link the OP to the "start" page?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 09, 2014, 07:21:23 pm »

Also, I can post a fairly simple stat system pretty soon.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 09, 2014, 07:21:48 pm »

Yes to the link. Your right i am dumb. Lyeos your not dumb your like five thousand times more smarter then i am.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 09, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »

Yes to the link. Your right i am dumb. Lyeos your not dumb your like five thousand times more smarter then i am.

Somewhat proper usage(use?) of punctuation, homophones, and capitalization makes me seem somewhat* more intelligent than I actually am. Try it, it makes a world of difference.  :)

*Significantly.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:28:34 pm by Lyeos »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108