Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108]

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82055 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread
« Reply #1605 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:52 am »

Plot: Thing happens. Stuff breaks. Evil place. Wooshy-woo. Treasure. Adventure. Go.
Hi CMC!
Hello. How goes?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 08, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

Really awesome. That's how it going. How about you?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 08, 2014, 11:52:14 am »

Really awesome. That's how it going. How about you?
In some respects, excellent. In others, abysmal. However, to divert your attention, what in particular is going well for you?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 08, 2014, 11:54:36 am »

Well I'm having a good birthday today. You know cake and cards calling me a old person and all that.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 08, 2014, 01:21:26 pm »

Well I'm having a good birthday today. You know cake and cards calling me a old person and all that.
I see. Just a few minutes ago I decided I wanted to get into the terraforming business and transform a patch of desert into a forest.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 08, 2014, 01:22:23 pm »

So how do you plan to do that?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 08, 2014, 01:25:58 pm »

Well, I haven't got it fully fleshed out yet, but basically it involves a lot of high-explosive ( ~>90kmt by an early guess), much cow dung, some soil harvested from the up north area ( Alaska most likely ) and many many trees flown in on helicopters. It will cost around 20-30 million and will only form about 2000 sq mi of forest most likely. Chances are it will fail, but if not it will be awesome. And the land will at least be cheap because who wants desert land?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 08, 2014, 01:31:46 pm »

Well, I haven't got it fully fleshed out yet, but basically it involves a lot of high-explosive ( ~>90kmt by an early guess), much cow dung, some soil harvested from the up north area ( Alaska most likely ) and many many trees flown in on helicopters. It will cost around 20-30 million and will only form about 2000 sq mi of forest most likely. Chances are it will fail, but if not it will be awesome. And the land will at least be cheap because who wants desert land?
This seems pretty interesting.
Now then, how to go about cheapening this...
Where would this land be located, anyway? That influences fuel costs and such, so that's important.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 08, 2014, 01:41:45 pm »

Yes it does, the answer would be just east of the Rockies where the rain shadow effect is in play. As for cheapening it? *shrugs* I just thought of this an hour ago I'm surprised the idea is as fleshed out as it is. Basically, the idea is to explode a basin in a mountain peak and then carve ( with explosives if necessary ) channels to the surface of the desert land and to the level immediately below it. Then when the precipitation hits the top of the mountain, it should ideally collect in that basin and flow down the channels like an aqueduct. That will provide the water. And if trees can be made to survive there, eventually transpiration will ( I think ) cause it to rain over that forest ( I hope. ) Please do input ideas and if this doesn't sound 100% insane, feel free to set aside some pennies toward this happening.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 08, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »

holy crap that's a beautiful idea. you don't even need to blow up the mountain yourself, either, just buy the land left behind by mountain-toppers.

((you know, the miners who blow up mountains.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 09, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe? If you can get Lyeos to agree as one of the characters in this RtD idea of yours is his sure why not. *Prophet shrugs*
No.

Though at least now I know why this thing didn't stay dead.

Oh. Oops. My reading comprehension skills are wack. Yeah, go ahead.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:51:04 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 09, 2014, 01:48:12 pm »

Hi Lyeos! What?  ???

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 09, 2014, 01:53:07 pm »

Hi Lyeos! What?  ???
I saw this and wondered why it hadn't stayed dead.

Anyways, I goofed on reading that and thought it said get Lyeos agree to be rather than what it did say. I feel really bad for the scrubs that go back and try to read that either thread, though. Eeeuuugh.
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 09, 2014, 01:58:10 pm »

OK. I just saw playergamer posting on this and suddenly I'm talking with old players of this game. I really like talking with you guys.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:51:05 pm by Prophet »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108]