Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38565 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.04 - Caravan fix (sorry) and some utility updates.
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2014, 11:24:09 am »

So I could probably set 5.04 settings to the same as I had, and copy the save into 5.04, then copy the 5.04 raws into the save? I think i'll just run it as a challenge or abandon it. Thanks!
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

So I could probably set 5.04 settings to the same as I had, and copy the save into 5.04, then copy the 5.04 raws into the save? I think i'll just run it as a challenge or abandon it. Thanks!

You could just run DF normally.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:11 am »

What do you mean?
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2014, 12:39:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: Ah right, you do need to run the GUI first. Probably run a separate install of 5.04, make changes, and then copy the raws into your 5.03 save.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:49:05 pm by BigD145 »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

That's what I meant.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:53:57 am by fucduck »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2014, 01:50:45 pm »

I fully understand, I have been in places with slow and next to no internet many times myself.

You have to unpack and replace all the files in dwarffortress/raw/objects. Here the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykfrww6hc0cyeds/objects.rar
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2014, 02:07:23 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:53:46 am by fucduck »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:27 pm »

Easy: Because you have no internet. :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2014, 03:21:17 pm »

THANK YOU FOR THE EMBARK SIZE OPTIONS!
They already existed in the mod, but as scripts. I thought that most people wouldnt know about them, or didnt like to use dfhack, so now its more easily accessable. :)

I was specifically happy because I had asked about it, and was shot down, only to be surprised that it was implemented...

I even had brought up the idea of the preferences as well (as I would change them in the gui and forget what I had set up prior.  So logging them would have been necessary, but Paul/Splinterz liked the idea of preferences, and put it on their todo list.

Either way.  It's nice to see ideas that people throw around build up into a collective community mash up.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:57 pm »

THANK YOU FOR THE EMBARK SIZE OPTIONS!
They already existed in the mod, but as scripts. I thought that most people wouldnt know about them, or didnt like to use dfhack, so now its more easily accessable. :)

I was specifically happy because I had asked about it, and was shot down, only to be surprised that it was implemented...

I even had brought up the idea of the preferences as well (as I would change them in the gui and forget what I had set up prior.  So logging them would have been necessary, but Paul/Splinterz liked the idea of preferences, and put it on their todo list.

Either way.  It's nice to see ideas that people throw around build up into a collective community mash up.
You should read more carefully. My answer was "I had that idea a long time ago. I did write someone for a little popup/ingame ui for it..." which is not being shot down.

And the idea of saveable settings is 1,5 years old, it just took that long till it was done. I never knew how to do it, and splinterz just surprised me one day with it.

And Paul isnt doing anything atm, besides RL and Kerbal Space Program.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2014, 07:39:55 pm »

Working on another update. I cleaned creature files a bit and reworked decorations a lot. The build menu will be much cleaner.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 08:07:24 pm »

oh man...

I've been playing day and night of 5.0.4 since you released it.  Prior to that was .0.2 which was working out well.

I got a fort of 16 dwarfs, game runs at 128fps (fps cap).  2nd year.

I haven't had a crash.  Which is a big plus.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: UPDATE - V.5.05 - Decoration Cleanup, Warlock Skeleton Fix, DFMON
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:27 pm »

Updated to 5.05.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.05 - Decoration Cleanup, Warlock Skeleton Fix, DFMON
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »

Not sure how much effort it would be in your end, but would it be possible to have "patch" downloads instead of the full thing? Where you just download the relevant files and unzip them into the main folder?

Would be a faster download, and would make retaining GUI settings and such between updates a lot easier. Especially when they are happening every few days.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17