Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38641 times)

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

now for the really long process of re-genning the same world i had going.... (easy, just takes forever for the world gen).

Had a really awesome embark spot, with 3 biomes melding together. Terrifying, Mirthful, and Wilderness. And an aquifer.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Response to update(s) so far.

~ yes, remove arrows/bolts normal versions, replace with broadhead ammo and similar. They work better, and GENERALLY are balanced, especially if the exposed hands/legs get fixed (which is why I use broadhead arrows vs mithril-armored foes, as I can still slice their limbs off since no armor protects them. An armless invader really isn't that scary, and likely to bleed to death. Speaking of which, what is with archers cutting asses off? Good lord. So many asses all over my map...)

~ Can the embark anywhere, let us embark on an OCEAN? No land, just raw ocean? Yes, I know that's idiotic as you'll drown. But it can't be anywhere – if it's not literally anywhere! (and come on, being able to cheat a bit to setup a tiny island, and grow it into a man made island in the ocean would be a great bit of !FUN!)

~ Profiles, bloody great idea. One thing I was pondering myself, as I often change between 4-10 setups (for various challenges or tastes of playstyle). Thumbs up.

~ Emigration...? hm. That's quite useful to me, especially as I did a '3 man fort' challenge the other day, and due to a bug in population cap – had 50 dwarves I had to... dispose off. shifty eyes caused A LOT of drama and difficulty to not have the 3 I wanted to go nuts in rage. Sounds like a fun system addition!

~ Digging Invaders, huh? I'll test that soon. If you have a quick list of races that do 'dig' – I'll be sure to enable only them and test exclusively how it works, if it works.

~ Over-all loving the raw clean up. Always had quarrels with so many redundant and useless items about. Flavor is nice, yes, only if it that flavor isn't a different shade of grey.

Looking forward to see what is done in the coming months! Especially when DF updates, and Masterwork catches up to it, should add a good bit more !FUN! which we all love. ;)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Palu: Is noted, will do. :)

Rumrusher: There is the included utility, and a dfhack script. One of them works. I cant remember which one, but I know you can still use it, because I embarked on necro towers all the time. I think I was using the utility... even if it gives an error message, it still works.
then the Dfhack script is broken then, gotta find the utility version then.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Palu: Is noted, will do. :)

Rumrusher: There is the included utility, and a dfhack script. One of them works. I cant remember which one, but I know you can still use it, because I embarked on necro towers all the time. I think I was using the utility... even if it gives an error message, it still works.
then the Dfhack script is broken then, gotta find the utility version then.
I included lethosors scripts just last update. Press ALT-e at the embark, and you can embark anywhere, I tested. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the butchering bug fixed?

The "partial corpse" byproduct that butchers would try to butcher indefinitely? That bug was really annoying.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that bug is still there, but i think it might be a vanilla bug. It is a the result of a sentient that has had limbs removed in combat. Mod vanilla to let dwarves butcher anything but dwarves, and the same thing will happen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Its still there, but I know the source. It comes from butchering historical figures. Its unfixable from my position though, so I plan to take away the butchering of sentient beings, and extract the souls from corpses in a reaction instead. Makes more sense for Dwarves.

Orcs and Warlocks will still have to fight with that bug however. Only solution so far is to atomsmash, burn or lock the bodyparts away.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

What's this emigration change about?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my last fort i was working on before you released 5.00, (using SWP Ppeng version, last updated on april 29), the traders had the mark-all/unmark-all hotkeys for dfhack. Is that one of the fixes of Palu's that still need to be merged?

And on another similar note, does anybody know a way to type ☼ into the game? the alt code isnt working, and it would be nice to be able to search for masterwork items when on the trade screen, to make it faster and easier.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

For both questions: I dont know. First one you could ask palu, the second one I really dont think is possible.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't do anything with the autotrade plugin. You might want to check the init.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone know how to disable quickfort? I accidentaly acctivated on the version before 5 came out amd now i can't delete it or version 5 and i don't want 3 versions of MWDF on my computer.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ctrl Alt Del, find the process and kill it?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone know how to disable quickfort? I accidentaly acctivated on the version before 5 came out amd now i can't delete it or version 5 and i don't want 3 versions of MWDF on my computer.

It's in your taskbar. I'm guessing you run fullscreen DF and not windowed mode?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17