Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38503 times)

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2014, 05:28:11 pm »

There is no bug that could be causing this. Especially since you mention that it affects the hardcoded vanilla buildings/stockpiles, which I cant access. I can only assume that some stockpile settings or work order are wrong.

Well, I have no work orders other than "Brew drink" set to repeat and "Butch a dead animal" triggering when ever a hunter successfully hunts.

One of the dwarves just spent the last 10 minutes walking 3 steps out of the craftsdwarf workshop, turning around, walking back in, getting a "?" then repeating this until he starved to death trying to retrieve the bolts off the floor to put in his quiver with the "collect equipment" job being listed by his name.

Edit: I just discovered another dwarf up in the ammo stockpile having the same issue trying to retrieve "Bone Hammerhead Bolts [5]" from a bin in the stockpile.  Walks a few steps, gets a ? returns, gets a ? repeats.

Edit 2: Just abandoned the fortress after a seasonal autosave.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o4c23kbsjn0agh/region1-aut-102.rar  Feel free to poke at it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:35:28 pm by kasan »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2014, 05:33:38 pm »

I was more thinking of work orders (ignore refuse outside) and stockpile links (only take from X).

The ammo thing I have heard once before. Although I dont remember the circumstances. Maybe something with TRAINING vs COMBAT ammo. I have only seen it once myself, a crossbowman who wanted to pick up arrows.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2014, 05:36:44 pm »

I was more thinking of work orders (ignore refuse outside) and stockpile links (only take from X).

The ammo thing I have heard once before. Although I dont remember the circumstances. Maybe something with TRAINING vs COMBAT ammo. I have only seen it once myself, a crossbowman who wanted to pick up arrows.

I added a link to download the save file in the above post.   It's using a 100% stock install of MWDF from the first page of this thread.  I just downloaded, unzipped, doubled clicked the MWDF exe, clicked on the dwarf icon and banged a world.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2014, 05:41:44 pm »

I think that might be a vanilla issue. You can try forbidding the ammo they are trying to get at to see if they snap out of it. Turning off their Hunter job temporarily might also work, assuming they are a Hunter.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2014, 05:54:00 pm »

Loaded the save.

Told you, its your work orders. You changed them without noticing.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »

Loaded the save.

Told you, its your work orders. You changed them without noticing.

OH GOD.  I starved my dwarves D: D: D: D:

What about the ammo thing?  That's confusing more me than the ignoring the stockpiles bit.  The hunters couldn't pick up the ammo to hunt with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »

Is their quiver full? Is your hunter in the military? if yes, never do that, they get uniform issues. otherwise no idea, I havent looked at that.

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2014, 06:04:31 pm »

Is their quiver full? Is your hunter in the military? if yes, never do that, they get uniform issues. otherwise no idea, I havent looked at that.

I know he wasn't in the military, I only had two dwarves (both listed as "Peasants" when they showed up) in my house guard.  No idea about the quiver.  I'll look a little more diligently if I see it happening again.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]