Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38512 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

This release, yet again, does a bit on cleanup. I removed over 200 unused inorganic entries, sorted some of the remainders into fitting categories and merged all inorganic files for different tilesets into one, resulting in another 45 files I could delete. And speaking of tilesets: Adding them has become so easy, I did add 10 (!) new ones. Yep, you heard that right. Mayday, with its own unique raws, and 9 ascii-based sets. They are even save-compatible, so you gen a world with ascii or any of the 9 new sets, and you can switch between them in the same world. I added 3 screenshots, title, surface and fort, for each of them. Please have a look and let me know which ones you like/dislike. :)

The forge menu is a bit smaller now as well, the welded metals are gone. Succubi and Warlocks have brought in new metals, so I thought it was time to get rid of some old ones to reduce bloat. IndigoFenix also made two changes to Gnomes Mode: The Thundercoil is fixed and Gnomes have battlecries now. They can identify different sentient invaders and get specific combatlogs for them, just like Dwarves do. Enjoy. :)

The Fundraiser is almost done as well. 3 weeks to go, with only 15% missing to reach the goal: Support MDF

General Changes:
 - More Raw Merging, all Inorganic files merged, resulting in another 45 (!) files I could delete.
 - Removed Welded Wolfram/Chrome/Titanium/Mithril/Cobalt.
 - Sorted Inorganics a bit.
 - Cleared out unused Inorganics a bit. Deleted 211 (!) entries. (over 6000 lines of code)
 - Altars can now be upgraded, even if the "Research" option in the GUI is turned off.
 - Added IndigoFenix machina.lua fix. Fixes the Thundercoil.
 - Updated Omnis itemsyndrome.lua version.
 - Added Battlecries to Gnomes
 - Added 10 tilesets (Mayday Plants might need a slight retouch, if something looks wrong on them, just let me know)
 - Repaced the old vherid set with the new one, and deleted his old Soviet tileset.

Spoiler: Aesomatica (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheepico (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crazy88 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goofy12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GrimDark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nordic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mayday (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RogueYun12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Storyteller Gothic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vherid (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)

V.5.06

Notes: Bugfix and Balance release, mostly for Dwarf Mode. Dwarves have a total of 14 (!) buildings less. No expedition/raiding system, Libraries & Magic Altars merged in the same style as the Decorations, and Ammo Caster put into Forge, Speakers Podium put into Tavern. This cleans up the workshop menu a lot. You still have access to the libraries and altars by building a "Library Section" or a "Magical Altar", which can be upgraded into the proper types.

The new ammo types, broadhead/hammerhead/piercing ammo, can now be made locally in the craftsdwarf or forge. This means that hunters and military will instantly use these ammo types. Less micromanagement. :) You also get 6 furnaces without research now. Crucible, Blastfurnace, Metallurgist, Glass/Rock/Gem forge. I felt that they are so dwarfy, every dwarven civ should have instant-access to them. But the expedition system was too close to orc and warlock raids, so I removed it for now. Win some, lose some. ;)

Gnomes got some fancy new tradegoods, Succubi a larger update, Rendermax and Itemsyndrome work again, and elven caravans are fixed now as well.

Gnomes:
 - Fixed "create clockborg exoskeleton"
 - Fixed all reactions that used bars as reagents. (they were using 1/150 of a bar)
 - Added more special tradegoods for embark or caravans:
 - crate of geological analysis tools
 - crate of assorted mechanical parts
 - crate of technological wonders
 - crate of automaton parts
 - crate of magnetized iron bars
 - crate of hi-tech weaponry
 - crate of clockwork armor
 - crate of steam armor
 - crate of powered armor
 - crate of clockwork augmentation devices
 - crate of heavy electrical equipment
 - crate of anti-magic devices

Orcs:
 - Added Omnicasts fixes:
 - Fixed 16 spell-learning reactions.
 - Fixed mojos/dreamcatcher spells for dreamwalkers.
 - Fixed all dreamwalker weapons.
 - Fixed the three berserker masks.
 - Fixed sappers/bombs/flamethrowers.

Genereal Bugfixes/Balancing:
 - Elves/Gnomes bring full caravans again.
 - All itemsyndrome items should work on loaded saves now, e.g. mage staffs, auras, wraithblades, gnomish gadgets and more. (turns out you have to load itemsyndrome every time a save is loaded (?), which is done automatically now.)
 - Most monkeys and apes have a special projectile attack, which as absolutely nothing to do with throwing excrement at people. A mini-mod by milo christiansen, called "Monkey Defence".
 - Fixed rendermax, illuminations will work for any race.

Dwarves:
 - Fixed "Make ash(1) from plank" reaction.
 - Removed Expedition Starting Point and Expedition Outfitter. (can be made better with dfhack, I did not think the current system was good enough)
 - Merged all Library Sections into one, which can be upgraded to specific sections. Much like the decorations in the last update. Clears 5 spots in the workshop menu.
 - Merged all Magical Altars into one, which can be upgraded to specific altars. See above.
 - Merged Speakers Podium reactions into Tavern, deleted Speakers Podium.
 - Added piercing/broadhead/hammerhead bolts & arrows as default ammo to dwarven civ.
 - Removed custom reactions for these ammo types from the Fletcher.
 - Removed custom reactions for these ammo types from the Ammo Caster.
 - Moved custom reaction for Javelin ammo from Ammo Caster to Heavy Siegeworks. (They make javelins and ballista ammo now)
 - Deleted the old Ammo Caster, and Ammo Caster research.
 - Following Buildings can now be build without research: Glassforge, Rockforge, Gemforge. Crucible, Blast Furnace, Metallurgist.
 - Dwarves no longer butcher sentients. (Like goblins, orcs, etc)
 - All four religious buildings have the reaction "Harvest soul from nearby body", which turns all nearby corpses into souls instantly. Be careful and dont use this on dwarven corpses or you get ghosts.
 - Fixed "Buy coke(3) for 500 shillings" reaction.
 - Deleted second product of the coin mint research, you researched it once, got two discoveries.

Succubi:
 - You can now corrupt prisoners! They will transform into half breed, retaining some of their original traits and will perform job of serve in the military.
 - Added bodysuits, those are made of leather and replace chain mail on the upper or lower body.
 - Added magma well. Spawning magma there will enable the magma forges, warlock wells will also do that.
 - Summoned clowns are no longer intelligent.
 - Replaced kite shields with round shields.
 - Renamed librarian to keeper of secrets, and warlord to lady of pain.
 - Removed the flier upgrade and caste, it caused too many pathfinding issues.
 - Summoning orthi now require a soul and a chain/rope.

GUI:
 - Removed the unnecessary buttons from the old decoration system.

V.5.05

New Decoration System
 - There are only 6 decorations left.
 - The Fountain, which can make water and train swimming. Costs a Tear of Armok.
 - The Loo, which can clean any container. Costs a bucket.
 - The Display Stand, which shows Artefacts and protects them from thieves. Costs a block.
 - The Patch of Grass, the Decorational Socket and the Red Carpet - Center. These are free and all civs have access to them.

The last three, the grass, socket and carpet, have a lot of reactions. These reactions transform the building into another one, changing how it looks. These reactions are also free. See the picture below for examples. All the changes can be unmade. Patches of grass that you used to plant a tree can be turned back into grass. Sockets that display a statue or swords can be made into empty sockets again. And carpets can be re-aligned as often as you like. This makes the workshop menu much less cluttered, but allows 16 (!) more decorations to be made, while making the process easier, because you can alter them after you build them. Hope you like it, I am never sure if people actually use the decorations or not. ;)

A note of warning: These only work with the default MDF tileset. You can still use them with other tilesets, but in some cases the tiles will not match, simply because other tilesets do not have the same graphics. Nothing I can do about that.

Gnomes:
 - Allows making of Rods of specific metals, for less micromanagement.

Warlocks:
 - Skeletons no longer leave the military randomly while controlled. (They turned opposed to life for 1 tick in between interactions. Now they do not.)

Other Changes:
 - Deleted a few unused creatures.
 - Removed 290 entries of BIOME:ANY_LAND on creatures that also have specific biomes set. This means you see many creatures less often, but only in their fitting biomes.
 - Merged several creature files into one.
 - Raised Plump Helmet Men price, strength, agility and toughness, but lowered tissue thickness and body size. Should result in better fighters, but less food/booze produced from them.
 - Elves no longer bring wagons.
 - Updated Picturefort to V2
 - Added new utility: DfMon. A custom announcement display that filters your gamelog and only gives you the info you want. It has quite a few features and it best if you have a look yourself.

DFMON:

V.5.04

Just a very quick bugfix release, because V.5.03 broke caravans. They were empty. Should be fine now. Thanks for the quick reports, and Falconne for his r4 utility pack upgrade.

Other additions:
 - Fixed the header of item_weapons_melee_upgrades. This fixes the Weaponry in dwarf mode.
 - Updated Legends Viewer to 1.13.
 - Updated Mousequery and Automelt to r4.

I have been doing a bit of work on humans in the meantime, for example building designs:

Notes: This update is not save compatible. New features include: Grasses now have an affect on the animals that eat them. There have been massive changes on pets, mostly for Humans, Drow and Warlocks. The GUI can now set embark points and embark group size. It doesnt always have to be 7 dwarves. And Warlocks can directly embark with Pylons. :)

Besides that, we also have new sprites for Gnomes pets, another Succubus update and one very massive change in the back end of the mod. I managed to get rid of 300 (!) files. I merged 20 files that existed once for each tileset into a single file. This means a faster GUI, a smaller mod and less sources for potential bugs. :)

New Changes on Grass:
 - Good Grasses (Bubble Bulbs and Downy Grass) make grazers stronger and larger. They should fight better and leave more meat.
 - Evil Grasses (Shadow Thistle and Marsh Shrooms) make grazers go opposed to life. Low chance, but it will happen sooner or later.
 - Cavern 1 Grasses (Moss) makes grazers get any of these: No Stun, No Pain, No Nausea, No Fear, No Exert and/or Martial Trances. Mixes are possible.
 - Cavern 2 Grasses (Mineral Lichen and Crystal Growth) adds a 50% damage resistance to grazers.
 - Cavern 3 Grasses (Floor. Yes, floor tiles) dont do anything atm.

New Changes on Pets:
 - All civs can now have unique and specific pets assigned to them. New scripts allow me to add minions (like trolls that accompany goblin sieges), mounts, wagons, wagon pullers, pack animals and pets... one by one, to a specific civ.
 - This means for example that a "steamtank"-wagon pulled by "steamengine"-wagon-pullers could be added to Gnomes. Or that Warlocks ride into battle on Meat Wagons. These have NOT been added, but the option exists now. :)
 - I added specific mounts to all civs. For example Orcs only arrive on Dire wolves now. Gnomes rides skunks or bobcats. Humans only arrive on horseback.
 - I added specific minions to all civs. Each civ now has some alternate squads in sieges, just like goblins have trolls.
 - I added specific pets to all civs. This means no civ ends up with pets that were intended for other civs. I am looking at you, Changeling.
 - I added specific wagon pullers to all civs.
 - I added specific pack animals to all civs.

To make it short: Dwarves are pretty much like before. Humans have access to all the previouly removed animals, like dogs, cows, cats, all the vanilla pets. Elves have access to all exotic pets, their selection is vast and varies depending on the world you gen. The same counts for Gnomes. Orcs and Kobolds do keep their pets as they were. Larger changes are on the Succubi. They can now buy all their summonings at embark and from the caravans. Drow only have a few, specific drow pets, like Rothes, Giant Drowspiders, and they ride on giant lizards now as well. The largest change of them all is for the Warlocks. You can buy Mephits at embark, you can buy Pylons and Black Monoliths at embark... and if that isnt enough: Their pack/pull animals are prisoners. Warlock caravans are pulled by prisoners from other races, which can also be bought at embark as pets. Or, from a Warlock point of view: As a resource. Oh, and... Automaton sieges might bring a squad of bronze colossi with them. Have fun with that.

Updated Gui:
 - New Icon.
 - New backend for tileset changing.
 - Two new options, Embark Group Size and Embark Points.

Manual:
 - Ported Ppeng/Palus changes. Mostly typo fixes.
 - More additions to the Succubi manual. Still work-in-progress.

Gnomes:
 - Added sprites for the 25 gnomish pets that can be constructed, from clockwork mouse to mechanical dragon.

Succubi:
 - Added temples and their reactions to the manual, buildings page.
 - Added a few tricks to the manual
 - Reorganized the temples reactions by area of effect. The temple of sin contain succubi upgrades, the esoteric order provides affects that affect the whole site, the altar of nightmares provides 'diplomatic' effects, the abyssal temples provides spells that target invaders directly.
 - Removed the forbidden bracelets
 - Updated the 'provoke a siege' job with drows, orcs and kobolds.

Raw Changes:
 - Merged 20 files from different tilesets together. This means 20*15 less files, 300 (!) raw files removed this way.
 - This makes the mod smaller, the gui faster and removed possible sources of bugs.
 - Capitalized all reaction names for all races.
 - Deleted a few unused reactions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:08:24 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome to have you back, I thought your trip wasn't going to end till July.

Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Awesome to have you back, I thought your trip wasn't going to end till July.
I encountered slight resistance on the way. An ebola outbreak in Guinee and a rebell attack at the Liberian/Ivorian border did lead to it being closed. I had to skip Mali/Cote D'Ivoire, and I made it back sooner than expected.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing for Warlocks? :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nothing for Warlocks? :(
Nothing for no one. First general bugfix. Then cleanup raws. Then updates for each race, one by one.

Edit: Btw, the download should be much, much faster now, directly from my dropbox. I also included DffD in a mirror. This way you dont have any problems if DffD is too slow/offline, and it should solve any CRC errors from cancelled downloads.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:27:39 pm by Meph »

Apothecarian12

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for the update good sir. You rekindled my love for DF about a month ago with Masterwork, and I'm looking forward to what you add after your month of modding. :3

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just a quick question. Did you fix the bug that was causing certain guilds being joined failing?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, there goes my plan for a productive weekend :)

Also, this is awesome:
- Added dwarven emigration script: Unhappy dwarves might now pack up and leave. And might take their family/pets with them.

So hopefully my accidental-mass-starvation fortress deaths will feel more natural now, rather than having to end abruptly once I decide everything is lost and want to save the survivors for future forts.  Will the emigrants be available as future migrants in the same way survivors of previous forts are?  And do other races also get emigration, or just dwarves?  And does this pave the way for a future feature where high-ranking nobles in successful forts can mandate the sending of migrants to help unspecified 'other forts'?  Or maybe a high-level diplomatic building with an "Exile Cheesemakers" reaction?
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Apothecarian12: I havent even started with that. Once I do, there will be a complete daily dev log. ;)

Tenderroast: No, but I made a list of all bug reports of the last three months. I will work through them race by race, doing a release for each.

Innocent Dave: Yes, they may appear in other forts in the same world. Yes, other races get it, but its set to 10, very low. I plan to add a similar control mechanism to other races. Maybe Kobolds can get a higher emigration, while Warlocks get none. And no further future plans about "sending migrants somewhere else", its just to avoid that super-unhappy dwarves gets crazy and die. Which makes no sense. If I am unhappy in a place, its much more reasonable to move to another place, and not kill yourself.

An "Exile" reaction can be made, but would target the worker. With workshop profiles, you could hand-pick the worthless migrants and kick them out, yes. Is a planned feature, and as far as I know, the Gnomes already make use of it. :)

Speaking of Gnomes: Clawedgears - Gnome Fort

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this based off the latest SWP?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is this based off the latest SWP?
Off splinterz branch, which I assumed to include the most patches, because Splinterz is by far the most active person on Github.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it does, but mine might have a few fixes that weren't merged into his.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I think it does, but mine might have a few fixes that weren't merged into his.
Ok, thanks for the heads up. Arena/Colosseum fix and the track stops? Brimstone Coin Price and [REACTION:CHARCOAL2_BURNING] missing [REACTION_CLASS:IS_WOOD]? I found these four issues.

Code: [Select]
-[TRACK_N:152I]
 -[TRACK_S:152I]
 -[TRACK_E:152I]
 -[TRACK_W:152I]
 +[TRACK_N:208]
 +[TRACK_S:210]
 +[TRACK_E:198]
 +[TRACK_W:181]
=> For which tileset? The default one?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those are for default, yes. They looked like inverted minecarts before, so I changed them to look like they did in phoebus.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch

yeah definitely review palu's changes and fixes. there are most certainly things there i haven't merged into my branch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17