Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38555 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: UPDATE - V.5.05 - Decoration Cleanup, Warlock Skeleton Fix, DFMON
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »

Wouldnt work, because at this update, if you take the patched files and unpack them into the old files, you get duplicate errors and it breaks. In theory its possible, but I will be flooded by people that cant install it properly. So I dont. All pre-installed.

Besides, this update is decorations (only visuals), a little bit on creatures, ONE warlock fix, and a utility you might or might not need. Not everyone will instantly upgrade to it, because they might not feel that they need these features.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2014, 09:44:11 pm »

Makes sense.

I'm used to using Subversion, where if I make a couple tweaks, then update to the latest version of code, it just merges it. Guess it's more difficult to do that in this kind of environment.

But yeah, excited to try Warlocks if skeletons are actually usable in the military now. And stoked for decoration clutter to be cut down. I also decided to donate to the cause :P You guys have been busy recently, and I know the new vanilla version coming out soon is going to be...stressful.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:48:40 pm by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »

I'm mostly just sad that I'm losing my succubus tweaks and fixes lol

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2014, 10:48:41 pm »

you could post your tweaks to the succubus thread, and if Boltgun and meph like what you did, there is a chance that they will add it to the mod. Then you dont have to tweak it on the next update =P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2014, 10:56:13 pm »

Not sure how much effort it would be in your end, but would it be possible to have "patch" downloads instead of the full thing? Where you just download the relevant files and unzip them into the main folder?

Would be a faster download, and would make retaining GUI settings and such between updates a lot easier. Especially when they are happening every few days.

When you change raws you have to reroll a world anyway. With enough raw changes you might as well not patch or user error will generate problems that are not Meph's fault but would be reported as such.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »

God dammit meph, stahp, haha.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2014, 02:15:41 am »

you could post your tweaks to the succubus thread, and if Boltgun and meph like what you did, there is a chance that they will add it to the mod. Then you dont have to tweak it on the next update =P

Indeed, I am interested to know what you tweaked, perhaps I can make that permanent.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2014, 05:29:34 am »

Having an interesting bug; version 5.02; clean install (did not copy over existing MW/DF folders).

Built a Raiding Drydock and can basically unpack any loot with any tool. (Looks like Orcs are using pots and wheelbarrows)

Since unpacking is automatic, I didn't notice until I was about to build longboats. However, I am using Workflow but I have no workflow orders to unpack loot crates.

I don't know if this an issue in 5.03, 5.04 or 5.05 yet.

Bugged save is here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2014, 05:52:28 am »

Having an interesting bug; version 5.02; clean install (did not copy over existing MW/DF folders).

Built a Raiding Drydock and can basically unpack any loot with any tool. (Looks like Orcs are using pots and wheelbarrows)

Since unpacking is automatic, I didn't notice until I was about to build longboats. However, I am using Workflow but I have no workflow orders to unpack loot crates.

I don't know if this an issue in 5.03, 5.04 or 5.05 yet.

Bugged save is here.
Thanks for the good bug report including save and version number. Happy to say that this was already fixed. :)

(You changed tilesets, and that overwrote the item_tool file. I forgot to change it for all tilesets, which  I have done by now)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2014, 06:00:15 am »

Good to know. Same bugged save as above but looks like there's an issue for Workflow and establishing work order for bars of coke.

Code: [Select]
Invoking: gui/workflow
Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: invalid constraint: BAR//COAL:COKE
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'setConstraint'
...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: in function <...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:949>
[C]: in function 'on_submit'
...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:351: in function 'on_activate'
...k Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:322: in function <...k Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:318>
(...tail calls...)
...asterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui.lua:472: in function <...asterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui.lua:467>
(...tail calls...)
[C]: in ?
Invoking: gui/workflow

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2014, 06:06:39 am »

Thats a workflow bug. You have to talk to the workflow author.

But I dimly remember that there was a way to change the raws to be accepted by workflow, but using COKE:NONE instead of COAL:COKE or so.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2014, 06:19:19 am »

A work around for that is to put "workflow count BAR//COAL (range)" into the dfhack tab manually.

nuke01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2014, 08:53:07 am »

Added new utility: DfMon. A custom announcement display that filters your gamelog and only gives you the info you want. It has quite a few features and it best if you have a look yourself.

thank you for the fast response (or did you include it already an I missed it?) =)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2014, 09:05:19 am »

Added new utility: DfMon. A custom announcement display that filters your gamelog and only gives you the info you want. It has quite a few features and it best if you have a look yourself.

thank you for the fast response (or did you include it already an I missed it?) =)
I included it now, in 5.05, as the changelog indicates. :)

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2014, 10:48:48 am »

Meph, any idea why Hunters refuse to equip Composite Bows (maybe related to Two_handed/Minimum Size?) to hunt? If I dump/forbid all bows except Composite bows, hunters will not pick them up to hunt. However, as soon as I reclaim a recurve bow, a hunter will run to grab it and begin to hunt.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17